Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    I also would rather him to stay in England, possibly to a new slightly lower team...Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham since he loves England.

I wouldnt be surprise if Liverpool were to make a request for CP just to taunt Chelsea about what happened with Salah...but I dont think he should go there since competition would be tougher for minutes.

The Premiere League is the best strongest league in the world so it would main much more to have an American succeeding in the best league in the world.

Italy, Germany and Spain have become too weak, outside their top 2 teams.

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rubbish!

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rubbish!

Centennial repped this.
  4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rubbish!

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is some complete and utter nonsense on here. There are some massive 'chips on shoulders' here! You seriously think that Chelsea supporters give a 'monkeys' about where Pulisic comes from!!? You blokes need to 'get over yourselves'!

zanderbz, wixson7 and ShayG repped this.
  6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Spot on! In some respects its been a difficult season at Chelsea for obvious reasons, one of which is the club has had a horrendous time with injuries to players (including Pulisic), even despite the HUGE issue with owners, the problems with injuries and the poor form of many of the players the club has finished 3rd behind (arguably) the best 2 teams ever assembled, it has been it TWO cup finals and STILL picked up 2 trophies!!
    Pulisic is NOT vilified in the UK for being an American!! That's ridiculous! Chelsea is a club with players from across the globe and fans don't give a rats a*se where they're from! And as for that ridiculous comment about fans not wanting America to succeed in football because they already dominate 'other' sports!! lol Other world sports like what exactly!!? American football? lol. The biggest sports in England are football, cricket and rugby and there is not much 'American dominance' going on there! In fact Americans tend to not appear on English sporting radar so to think that the English Chelsea fans have some sort of problem with Pulisic because of his nationality is absolute rubbish!!

He may not have had a 'great' season but he's far from the only one! He is playing for one of the worlds most famous sports teams in the worlds most popular sports league, if he wants to 'bale out' and find somewhere where life is easier and quieter then really its up to him but unless he signs for another club in England or the two clubs in Spain he is going 'backwards'. Chelsea fans DO NOT have a problem with Pulisic, Pulisic will get world class support from a world class sporting organisation, he WILL also get support fro 'Joe public', what Pulisic does with the tools he's given is really down to Pulisic.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Mediocre means "average."

A guy who is the #4 most productive forward in Chelsea, still a Top 10 club as per the UEFA ratings, is not "average."

He may have been average for a Chelsea attacker in the current setup, but that's quite different.

Zinkoff, wsmaugham, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Kevino

Kevino Member

United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    In open play g/a per 90 I think Pulisic is number one out of all Chelsea attackers in the EPL. I don't think anyone keeps track of that stat though. To compare, Chelsea's player of the season has 21 g/a, and 7 came from set pieces. Christian is slightly higher in open play g/a per 90.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    A move would make both American fans of Pulisic and UK fans of Chelsea happier. I am quite certain that Chelsea fans are not as free from a nationalistic parochialism as you imply. But a move would be celebrated by both groups, so … win-win.

10. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bullshit.

11. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    LOL.... they 1000% care that he is American and they make it known every damn time they mention his name.

Zinkoff, wsmaugham, russ and 5 others repped this.
  12. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    This notion that he had a somewhat disappointing season, especially in relation to other players on Chelsea is freaking ridiculous. He is not Hazard, but that doesn't make him expendable. Chelsea can improve a lot more by replacing other players than replacing CP. It's too bad that high-profile miss came at the end of the season because it seems to be fogging up everyone's mind about his actual season-long performance at Chelsea. He is doing fine and is at least a top 4 attacker at this club. What the hell is wrong with that? Why does that mean he needs to move on? Why does that draw so much negativity? It's ridiculous.

13. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who ‘dey? 72 million follow Chelsea on social media. There are some detractors? Shocking!

14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Per management's request, rubbishers should say 'rubbish.' See above. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

russ, Eighteen Alpha, majspike and 3 others repped this.
  15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Bless your heart

16. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boloney!

stanger repped this.
  17. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this thread is really heading south.

Well to throw fuel on the fire -

the only population more arrogant than us Americans are the English.

at the end of the day Boehly, Marina and Tommy will decide if they want CP going forward to help them achieve success.

My sense is that despite his finishing concerns he is an excellent player and would continue to help Chelsea.

They have a lot more to worry about with Werner and Odoi and Lukaku but who knows they might trade Pulisic first anyways. They did offload KDB and Salah in the past.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    This is YA. It's spelled Bologna.

DeCoverley, wsmaugham, russ and 6 others repped this.
  19. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    My sense is that Pulisic is tired of facing a greater burden of proof than some other players on the team as it relates to being worthy of playing time. He may love the club, city, fans, etc. But at some point you probably get sick of feeling like you aren't in an honest competition with others for playing time. Given a choice, I think most players would prefer to be somewhere they will have the ability to play themselves into form (like Mount), than to always have to play like every shot you take is make or break for your position in the lineup. For whatever reason, Tuchel does not value Pulisic enough to tolerate a bad performance from time to time. If he has one bad performance he gets dropped and that is not the case for everyone on the roster.

Zinkoff, paks, russ and 12 others repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It's only Bologna if it's from the Oscar Meyer region of the US. Otherwise it's sparkling mystery meat.

russ repped this.
  21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Paranoid rubbish!!

22. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly! If anybody is interested I AM the horses mouth, I am an English matchday going Chelsea supporter and I can tell you all that its absolute nonsense!

Monarch Bay Beachbum and stanger repped this.
  23. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Considering the minutes he played plus the fact he started 3 match at wingback, Pulisic had a better year than most Chelsea fan would like to admit

His goal per 90 minutes is better than most attackers at Chelsea and as someone stated, if he has 1 bad match, he gets dropped immidiately.

He probably scores 10 league goal if he gets a good run in the squad, consideringer he scored 6 in 13 league starts which is a good rate for an attacker.

Zinkoff, paks, HScoach13 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the consensus is (Crawleybus excluded) that objectively speaking (based on the numbers) he had a good season and good enough for Chelsea. But if the answer from Tuchel is “suck it up buttercup I expect more from you than others” than I suppose he should get the flock out of there. No point in working for a jerk boss - no matter what profession you are in. Life is too short.

25. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    #55675 dspence2311, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    And I imagine the fan hate gets old. Go to twitter and search "pulisic" right now and soak in the vibe. It is 90% anti, most want him gone. Hence my observation that a move ought to please the majority on both sides of the equation.

Or check out Talk Chelsea boards: https://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/27549-10-christian-pulisic/page/110/#comments

Or the Shed End: https://www.theshedend.com/topic/32333-christian-pulisic-official/page/150/#comments

bct81 and ShayG repped this.