Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Pisscutter

Pisscutter Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Great, now I'm drooling.

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
  3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean…. To be fair… I removed my employer and all my coworkers from social media. I’m the boss. They don’t need to see my activities outside of work. :D

DCU1984 repped this.
  4. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Word is he did not have Chelsea in his bio to begin with. I think this is misleading. Word is that he also removed USMNT from his bio, but that does not mean he is switching to play for Croatia.

5. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Looks like all he did was change his profile pic from one of him as part of the CL celebrations to one of him alone, juggling. From such tiny things great controversies are made on twitter.

Zinkoff, ChicagoVT, Pl@ymaker and 2 others repped this.
  6. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously the bias and wanting Americans to stay mediocre in soccer. The US already dominates in other sports, even niche and fringe ones, that the rest of the international community enjoys. Soccer is literally one of the last sporting frontiers devoid of US dominance, and they don't want to see that go away.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I may be in the minority here, but I like Pulisic at Chelsea and thought overall he had a pretty good season. Love watching him play at the highest level and the games being so accessible here to watch. Seems to have found a good spot on the field centrally and high. Definitely lost the burst that he once had but when he's on it's such a pleasure watching him.

Oh, and i could give a rats ass about what the fans think of him or how mason mount does or any of the other completely irrelevant things that go into his YA season.

ChicagoVT, zico21 and SUDano repped this.
  8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I have not insight into the world of sports agents, but if I was a parent I would be really focused on urging my kid to choose one who has a track record of shepherding young talents to places where they can develop rather than to where the biggest paycheck is. I know we all like to ascribe purely $-grab motives to all the people in these scenarios, but I assume that agents who want more clients in the future have a vested interest in developing a reputation as stewards of a career. E.g., I doubt people are clamoring to sign with Matthew Hoppe's agent right now.

superdave repped this.
  9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    You might not, but I think Pulisic does.

10. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Echoes of what Cobi Jones said about Mexico comments when the US started to become one of the top teams in CONCACAF.

Winoman repped this.
  11. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    The excuse makers around here are legion and laughable. It's the coach, it's being American, it's the weather, it's the league..it's the New World Order.

He's had a mediocre season which combined with his injury woes makes him an expendable player in the high-class Chelsea scheme of things. Elite club football is a ruthless business, either cut the mustard or out with the discarded sandwich bag. Do they give him another season to prove his worth?

ShayG and wixson7 repped this.
  12. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    They're no longer the defending Champions League titleholders as of a few days from now, too. Maybe it's time to change the pic.

13. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn’t really have a mediocre season though, and his per 90 numbers stack up quite well compared to other players in the EPL. And that includes the minutes he was forced to play at wingback. The injury didn’t help of course, along with a couple high profile misses. But mediocre is not a fair description of his season.

Zinkoff, majspike, ChicagoVT and 12 others repped this.
  14. Ozymanwannabe

Ozymanwannabe Member

Sacramento
    United States
    Sep 9, 2020
    Puli need to play for a manager that values his strengths. I think Frank Lampard would do wonders for him.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Yeah but would he wanna dropdown to a mid-table club at best? I know the wages are high regardless but he might want a new challenge, so a new league.

16. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want Pulisic to go to Everton?

17. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What drives the athlete? That's the question and for CP, he's already won the CL, etc. So is the focus now to prove himself? And that means starting minutes.

He knows what he's capable of so we'll see. I would prefer Spain or maybe Italy but the EPL is the proving ground.

18. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Or is he…..????

Duh du duuuuuuuuuh!

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I wanna see a move to Serie A or even La Liga. It's near the time.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I want him out of there not because I think he's a bad fit or that he's not getting enough minutes or because the fans are jerks or because I believe Tuchel hates him.

I want him out because it's Chelsea. At some point a lot of bad things are going to come out about its finances, and those of other big English clubs. I want our guys to be as far away as possible from them once the boil bursts open.

USA-Zebuel and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you referring to Everton financial situation as the canary in the coal mine?

This would all then come back to Man City and their payroll.

adi21 repped this.
  22. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think PSG or Madrid would be in more trouble.

Let the Chelsea hate flow out of you.

superdave and adi21 repped this.
  23. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With PSG in particular UEFA has to either enforce financial fair play or give up on it all together.

Either way bodes well for Newcastle’s ability to spend their to the top.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  24. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious what you mean by something bad about Chelsea’s finances or other English clubs?

We know Chelsea’s money came from a Russian oligarch, just like we know Newcastle comes from Saudi, and Man City comes from UAE. We can all agree those are questionable sources, but we already knew that.

And then Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, and now Chelsea all have American ownership groups. Indeed more than half of all EPL clubs have American ownership now.

And the main company financing the Chelsea purchase is Clearlake Capital, a CA based private equity firm.

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Let me tell you what I really, really want. I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah. Make it last forever, cause friendships never end. Ok?

zanderbz and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.