Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Imagine if he had missed the decisive penalty ...

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  5. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I can’t because he wouldn’t.

6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    The first thing that happened after he missed that shot and was visibly upset is Mason Mount coming up to him and giving him comforting pat on his head.

More and more I watch this team and hear what they say, the more I'm convinced - chemistry and support wise - He's probably in a good place. He seems to have teammates that like him, a coach - who I don't like tactically - has a perfectly good relationship with him, and a city he seems to enjoy.

******** the press, these guys just finished 3rd in the best league in the world, and came a whisker away from the Champion's League SF, after winning it the year prior - and Pulisic is a big part of all that

7. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Yea he literally split two defenders with his shot.

Pl@ymaker and FC Tallavana repped this.
  8. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can't enjoy London with millions of dollars in your pocket (or even, like, dozens!) you quite simply don't enjoy life.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Road trip!!!

russ and felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  10. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's better places in Europe, but sure there's some fun in London

russ and usnroach repped this.
  11. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Champions League secured for next year. I still don't see Pulisic leaving this summer.

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Thank u. Best post on this thread in at least 1,000 pages.

13. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    With the American owner arrival, I also think he stays put for now..unless he really pushes for a move away.

Guys like Werner, Lukaku, Zeyech and CHO are probably more of a priority to move since they're older and CHO hasn't played much due to injury.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Pulisic should really be starting at the club. Werner isn't getting any better. CHO is usually ignored. Ziyech is a true threat but he and Pulisic should be working in tandem. Lukaku, I'd expect to leave but his wages are insane.

15. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, the "you can't move me because you pay me too much" must be a really nice problem to have. I've only had the opposite!

russ, dark knight, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  16. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Pulisic will start 1 of the next 2 games. Werner, I reckon, will be gone this summer. Ziyech is a square peg/round hole there. He is a certain type of player that really doesn't fit Tuchel's style IMO. I'd like to see Lukaku play more with Pulisic but even if he leaves, Tuchel won't keep Havetz as his main center forward. He'll have someone come in with better target man skills than Havetz. Good for Pulisic.

Would like to see the club go back to:

---------- Target man/top striker--------
    Pulisic-------------------------------Havetz
    ----------------------Mount--------------------

Given the sale of the club, I expect Pulisic will stay now. Conditions should be better next season- CP should be healthier and he has proven himself a bit more for Tuchel.

Mount and CP play well together. I hope Tuchel can realize this.

17. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I want to see CP continue to play ACM... When he initially entered the EPL he was so dynamic coming off the left edge... but almost all of his highlights recently have come up the gut.

18. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    His best games from the US have been in the withdrawn striker/ACM role combining with Dempsey.

His best at Dortmund was combining with Aubameyang.

His best at Chelsea was combining with Giroud.

It's clear that when he's allowed to combine with a partner it best utilizes his talents. He's a good close quarters passer, has an excellent first step and good change of direction. Quick give and goes in the box are his wheel house.

Dervos, CyphaPSU, Gacm32 and 5 others repped this.
  19. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    This is the problem with Tuchel's system. I agree with you. Tuchel should 'free the horses' on the front line and let's those guys roam to space.

RunthePoint and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  20. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's probably the way since he doesn't really have or chooses to use his pace for the wings. My only issue is his passing in the final third for through balls. That being said, Mount isn't really a CAM but he plays more there than Pulisic and takes up that spot.

21. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    it's hard not to care just a little bit when the British press and Chelsea supporters go out of their way to irrationally spew negativity about Pulisic. It's shameful. I think we underestimate CP's mindset and ability to navigate all of this bullshit.

Winoman and RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Puli gets flak but it's not as bad as what many of our players have got in the past, from Dempsey to Wood.

comoesa and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just hope he doesn't get injured in the fall as he is wont to do.