Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    You're giving me way too much credit.

2. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His wages are going to be breath taking.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Suddenly loads of Norwegians are gonna be reppin City jerseys!

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

It be funny AF if he flops like a bunny lmao

5. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly want to see him in La Liga so he'll be forced to learn Spanish

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    And can also lead to what will help bring the league and clubs to their knees in the future. No one, and I mean no one, no matter how good, is worth 500k a week to a football club, which is the number rumored. We’ll see…

7. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    La liga maybe but I have my doubts real or Barcelona would want him (not doubting him so much as their desire to have him). Otherwise it’s not really much of an open leave.

bundesliga is literally way worse than man city in EPL. Bayern. Every single year.

serie A would be interesting. Probably more balanced but likely just can’t pay close to as much and he is on a team that won champs league. That’s legit.

so I get it, but was responding in context of being in league where man city has so much more depth etc than others. That crap is in every euro league!

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He'd def be quite the prize for both Real and Barca. Loads of jerseys and media time over here to showcase him.

9. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not terrible considering

10. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    Barca would be so, so much fun. Watching him, Dest, and the up and coming youth there would be must see TV for me. He'd have to earn his playing time for sure, like he does at Chelsea, but it's going to be like that for any of the top teams. Pulisic seems to need to be pushed a bit to play at his best anyways.

My guess though is that he will stay in the Prem. We will see.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Surely he’ll get a nice signing bonus in order to keep the weekly wage in the same ballpark as some other players.

12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I'd would also guess that Adidas will make him their richest client (if he's not already), that will rival MBappe's 14M per with Nike

FC Tallavana repped this.
  13. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF he shows off more of his final third passing prowless like he did last match, then a case could be made for Barca. Nothing is going on with them, atm. Still rebuilding, might see CL again next season, and that's always great. Most transfers seem to be older players on the verge of being finished. Dembele might leave. So a spot might be open there.

14. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca has already qualified for the Champions League next year and are going to finish second in the league. If they hadn’t started so terribly they might have even been able to challenge Real Madrid a bit.

Would be a great landing spot for Pulisic if it worked out. Their main issue is they don’t have a ton of money to bring in new guys.

15. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Jack is overrated. But he has that Beckham-esque aura that the English seem to crave

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word of warning though. He would have to be on point with his play. If he’s still developing then he be better off staying with Chelsea until he’s ready. Barcelona is a team that very technical and somewhat bias towards foreigners. The Catalan boys/La Masia graduates they get treated with kid gloves but there will be more scrutiny towards those that aren’t. And don’t forget that American bias that follows everywhere in this sport.

17. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Things that make you go "hmm." CP starting on the left of a 4-man midfield vs. Leeds opposite James?

LM: Christian Pulisic - Reports have suggested that Marcus Alonso may not play for Chelsea again after a clash with Tuchel. Ben Chilwell is injured and Saul Niguez hasn't been very good, and with limited defending on the cards here, Pulisic should be alright [sic] out on the left.
    --from 90min

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Important, almost vital game for both teams.

19. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    That's called a 3-5-2 and Pulisic as your LWB

bballshawn and FC Tallavana repped this.
  20. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like he doesn't deal with the same kind of stuff at Chelsea. And Chelsea is a much more talented team overall than Barcelona is right now.

21. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Take it up with 90min. They have it as a 3-4-3.

I think they'll just have Saul or Sarr on the left.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. It would be a total taunt to put that pic on twitter but not start the players on the image. But I assume with the Cup Final coming up this weekend there is a decent chance CP gets the start. But you never know....

23. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    A pretty strong lineup considering the game this weekend. Lukaku earned a start so Silva is the only guy that appears to be resting today. Edit: And Azpi I guess