Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Second straight game as an unused sub.

Maybe a few more games like this will do him some good.

mschofield and ShortyMac repped this.
  2. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Prepare to be shocked. He will not leave in January, as Chelsea wants full coverage for all the injuries and match load they have.

Now as for the summer, that’s a different story. If I’m his agent, I’m on the phone already…..

3. zanderbz

zanderbz Member

May 12, 2005
    United States
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may be able to argue form but the guy has been plenty gritty.

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    He's not being rested. He's just not a option for the coach right now.

5. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    I can't see them loaning him out and I can't see which team will buy that contract.

6. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then I will be.

Would not surprise me at all to see Werner and Pulisic traded/loaned in the next week and the funds used to give Rudiger whatever he wants.

They have enough depth up front without CP and Werner.

They need Rudiger at all costs.

7. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I think a change of league might do him some good.

8. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    I hope it happens

9. Kevino

Kevino Member

United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    This year Pulisic has started 3 games and subbed in once across all competitions (228 total minutes). He has 1 goal, 1 assist, and drew one penalty. I guess that's not good enough to get on the field these past 2 games.

MarioKempes, ShortyMac, smokarz and 3 others repped this.
  10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ziyech keeps hitting shots like that one today we might never see Puglisi start again.

11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Has CP literally ever scored a banger like Ziyech did today.?.? Mount is better by quite a margin IMO and even Odoi is in better form. He is being kept around in case of injury. He has had his chance to prove he belongs in the starting 11 and has been hit and miss.... more miss IMO since returning from injury. I literally think he is behind Mount, Ziyech, Odoi, Werner and Havertz. Hoping his rested legs will bode well for the USMNT because we are going to need him. I really wish he could get a winter transfer but I agree with the idea that no club wants to pay the cost. I wouldn't be surprised if CP regained relative elite status... I just don't think it will be this year with Chelsea.

ShortyMac and Noriega7 repped this.
  12. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Especially at RW

13. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Huh? He's behind all those guys because why? Ziyech, sure but he plays rw. Everyone else, meh.

14. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    He hasn’t shown any lately.

15. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    Okay. And what evidence do you have to support this? Chelsea have played 16 times since the beginning of December and he's featured frequently.

He's played 627 minutes in the league since December 1st, 139 minutes in the cups. That's 766 minutes out of a possible 1440 across 4 different competitions, including 627 minutes out of a possible 990 in the league. 9 starts out of 16 matches in all competitions, and a further 3 sub appearances.

The manager clearly wants him around, because he's played in 5 different positions including lone striker, RWB, LWB, RW, and LW.

He's about to play 3 times in 10 days for his country. The January transfer window closes at midnight on January 31st. So when is this imaginary move going to happen?

ChicagoVT repped this.
  16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure CP gets sold by the close of this window but I also don’t see him playing a whole lot going forward either.

Ziyech inevitability getting injured again and CHO being his typical one game wonder and four games shit will help but ultimately CP and Werner share the scraps, Kai will fare a little better

Tuchel simply sucks the life out of these attackers

ShortyMac and RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say he's being rested.

18. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    Pulisic is resigned to be a bit player at Chelsea until things change dramatically. Tuchel can't or won't rely on him to salvage the season. Good for the USMNT, but troubling for where his career is headed. (Maybe I'm wrong but Shaqiri comes to mind.)

Noriega7 and ShortyMac repped this.
  19. kgbman

kgbman Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Would never happen but Pulisic to Juve to cover Chiesa’s injury would be fun to see. Just reading what Allegri said about putting his players in their best positions was nice to hear

20. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    When it comes to our lad and the current situation, barring him hitting an incredibly good run of form or more injuries, "surplus to requirements comes to mind."

Good win for Chelsea. I don't think TT considers him important enough to play to his strengths. Whenever CFC use a formation like today where Puli could be very useful and use his strengths, Puli is watching from the heated seats.

This was a huge game for TT, he really needed all 3, and he started CHO over him. RA has one of the quickest coach trigger fingers in any professional sports. While unlikely Tottenham can still catch them, but they would still be top four.

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The agents for Puli, Werner and Havertz are all likely laying the framework for the next clubs their clients will be playing for.

I expect all three back on the continent by summer. I think we see Puli in either Italy or Spain.

ShortyMac and RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  22. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Becoming a more often than not starter at Chelsea was always going to be a huge challenge. Unless league minutes completely dry up for the rest of the season (unlikely) I doubt a move happens this year.

Although I wouldn't rule out an MLS club coming in with a landmark mega offer when he's closer to 25 than 30.

23. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want to be completely wrong - I do.

1. He has played lots of minutes. He has not distinguished himself at all ... that is evidence for his coach.
    2. He has played in multiple positions (he is versatile and willing) but the coach needed the team play. Check the box for being a team player ... but in a club like Chelsea you have to distinguish yourself to earn the spot in the starting lineup. He has not. The position he likes the most is currently occupied by other players simply playing much better there.
    3. Once CFC is healthy - he is simply surplus right now.
    4. The two most important players are Lukaku (they must be successful WITH him not without him) and Rudiger. Once they put the money and so forth on the table to bring big Rom back, independent of the interview with him, Tuchel has to be successful with him for multiple reasons. So everything up front revolves around who clicks with Rom and they score with. Today made the situation clearer. Defensively the future of CFC is wrapped up with Rudiger. Hence my point about resources needed to keep Rudiger around and happy.
    5. I think they will try to do this quickly .... unless a physical is required to close a deal. The reason he has not played much recently (my guess) is to protect their investment and reduce injury risk. So to your question - my point is they will try to do a deal in the next 8 days - even WHILE the US matches are underway. Do you think TT cares at all about the USMNT? Of course not.

the only downside of Werner and Pulisic leaving is as injury backups ... but they are both too expensive for those roles (Barkley and Gilmour are not ... but CP and Timo are). Werner and Pulisic could both go to Spain on various teams and do quite well.

Noriega7 and ShortyMac repped this.
  24. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    semifinals vs Real Madrid in the champions league. Was that a banger, whatever a banger is?

ChicagoVT and ShortyMac repped this.
  25. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't the USA forum so I won't bring up any specifics but I am generally completely against the notion it is somehow beneficial for any player and their NT to not be playing regularly week in, week out with their club team.

Everyone benefits more if Puli is playing LW each week and that likely happens on the continent as Chelsea aren't gonna sell him to a Prem rival.

dspence2311 and abw repped this.