Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all this current talk of CP going somewhere is rubbish .. for a very logical reason ... IF over the next 30 days he does not get injured and plays extremely well ... what is the reason that Tuchel wants to offload/sell him? Barca is broke and Chelsea will not want to see him at Liverpool .... so where would he go? Bayern ... no I think it is all just rubbish and in 30 days time it could be RLC or Barkley or Havertz or Werner or even Lukaku that are gone. Except for the injury concerns, Pulisic has done just fine for Tuchel. Odoi or even Ziyech might have a poor spell ... are we going to believe that Tuchel will sell them as well?

My sense is that is all fodder for press and advertising as Chelsea are close if not at the top of world wide heap right now and clickbait helps to sell advertising. I don't believe any of it is real right now.

DCU1984 and freisland repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #51477 freisland, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    One player a year, out of all the players in the world, wins the Bd'Or each year... 3 get named. Jorginho came in 3rd last season while at Chelski... Since 2016 like 8 unique players and 8 unique clubs have been named for the 15 1-3 Bd'O slots.

I mean, maybe players think going to a lesser club where they're playing more means they have a better shot, but if you're not putting up goals and assists with ease at Chelski, you think you've got a better shot at 21-22 Barca? Or Newcastle? Certainly La Liga gets the most Bd'O looks, so maybe...

I mean, where is CP going where he'd doing better numbers? Maybe if he can go to Bayern or back to Dortmund, but German teams don't traditionally get the Bd'O look... Athletico, Real, Barca, PSG, Juve... If you're chasing the Bd'O I guess those are you desired landing strips.

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've been at least flirting around outright saying it for awhile, as far as I can tell. Many others here have done the same. So people aren't just pulling these impressions out of thin air, don't know why you're reacting as if that's the case.

If CP doesn't play well or is injured, it might be as difficult to move him on this summer... at least until his contract is in a state where Chelsea are more willing to take significantly less money for him. And still waiting on the bidding clubs which make sense for both CP & Chelsea to accept a bid from.

So I don't really know why you keep hinting at this, especially when it's reliant upon some vague predictions on his future mediocre performance? I mean, yeah, if he plays like shit maybe Chelsea/TT will want to move him on? Who cares? If a frog had wings, and all that. Is there a reason to think that CP won't be minimally good (even in a somewhat role) for Chelsea? It's literally never happened... performance has never hampered him, he's been effective in his Chelsea career, it's been injuries that have held him back. And injuries sure aren't going to help him move this coming summer.

Mhmm... fascinating.

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Fans in Talk Chelsea and The Shed End think that Puli has been rather mediocre when he's been fit. His grading in UK-based outlets has also been mediocre, when he's played.

I disagree, but the opinion is out there.

6. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    The problem is these fickle fans are weighing him against his first season and the excellent run of form post-lockdown.
    because of that, if he does not score or assist in a match, he’s labeled average to poor. He’s been putting in good shifts, when healthy. And is very reliable in Tuchel’s mind, and his minutes show that. When he does not start, he is first off the bench.

7. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    We need CP to save Yanks Abroad from our abysmal mid-week performances so far...

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Hope to see him get extended minutes with Lukaku, along with Ziyech or Havertz as well.

9. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Agreed. Pulisic had some good and great games with the under-mobile Giraud at the point. He will love running off Lukaku a full game as well, being that slicing towards goal option for Lukaku's lay offs. And CP is good at getting ball into static and strong CF's

dspence2311 repped this.
  10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lukaku is not exactly "static" - he may be fairly linear, but if you can put the ball into his path when he's running at defenders, he's pretty damaging. He is pretty hard to stop at full gallop with the ball.

11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    He can outrun static cling?

YankatOxford repped this.
  12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Here is what Simon Kjær has to say about Christensen :
    https://tribuna.com/en/news/chelsea...stensen-has-to-improve-to-become-worlds-best/

.. and now he is being offered a small pay-raise that he do not want to accept, not because he is greedy, but because he is among the lowest paid players at the club right now :

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/

TimB4Last repped this.
  13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Interesting....I've been reading some long time Chelsea faithfuls is already calling for CHO to sit and start CP tomorrow.

Some even call him the best attacker/finisher they have on the roster.

CyphaPSU repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You seen Lukaku? Nobody can cling to him - static or not.

15. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Relative to Werner, he is fairly static. But I get your point.

freisland repped this.
  16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, he's not in any way "gnat like" and can certainly play back-to-goal when he has to, but Belgium has figured out how dangerous he is on the move on the break if you can put the ball in his stride. If CP can figure that out as well, he will set up Lukaku for a goal or three.

17. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    I'll never understand why you put any stock at all into what random fans are saying on a message board.

russ, Namdynamo, derek750 and 5 others repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's something about trying to be fair.

My base assumption is that all humans are the same, hence we're all biased in similar ways.

Ergo, to find the middle ground, which is the most likely to approach objective truth*, I need to balance my own biases with those of the others.

----
    * Not that objective truth is possible at all.

usnroach, zanderbz and FASTEDDIE repped this.
  19. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't see CHO starting 90 minutes a game, 3 games a week in December. If Pulisic can't earn any starts at winger, he needs to find somewhere else to play.

Method and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, from the standpoint of being primarily a supporter of the USMNT and not a specific club, I'd rather see the kid play a shiite ton of minutes as a false 9, learn the role and be able to be used in that scenario internationally. If Tuchel is willing to deploy him in that role as opposed to a winger, I'd rate that as a good reason to stay as well.

21. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    I'm going optimistic today. A CP start and either 2 goals or 1 goal/1 assist.

I think Lukaku will get the nod and they will play well together.

-----------------Lukaku------------------
    -----Mount-------------------CP---------

I hope CHO doesn't screw things up!

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    To be fair, as lost as CHO looked in the past, he looks really positive and effective this year. He still gives off that “crappy teammate“ vibe to me, but I can’t really argue with his play this year at all. I think Chelsea are happy to have him. He gives the impression that he has turned something around in the effort/focus dept.

23. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if Lukaku is ready for a start yet. We could see Mount and Ziyech with Pulisic in the number 9 role as well.

24. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I am not wild about Pulisic in the number 9 role, constantly arriving in the box at high speed, bouncing off central defenders. Yes, he draws defenders, giving other people opportunities, and will put away the occasional point blank shot. But it doesn’t really maximize his value, in my opinion.

25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Pulisic on Rudiger's last minute chance for Chelsea vs Man Utd:

"I saw it and it was a perfect ball, right on his foot, but unfortunately he just missed it. It's good that he was in the right spot."

Owww... somebody need aloe for that burn?

DCU1984 repped this.