Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    great post. This last part should resonate. This is a great situation for yank abroad fans and for Pulisic. For those of us like me who could only watch 1-2 yanks play overseas on a given weekend back in the day (usually for a mid-table side), we have a player getting decent minutes at arguably the best team in the world RIGHT now, and training ugh some of the world’s best. The articles about him leaving are tabloid fodder.

2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Thanks for those historic facts. You seem confident that my speculation about the relative places of CP, Mount, CHO and Ziyech in the wing rotation going forward is wrong. Good for you. Hope you’re right.

3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn’t get through the first few episodes of the second season. Just seemed like a complete retread.

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Maybe Barca can do an orange uniform to fool Depay to think he is playing for Orange. LOL. Chelsea did a Dortmund yellow which Puli almost scored three.
    Dembele is inconsistent. Depay is not on form. Dest didn’t finish two chances (still remember he crashed the ball vs. Real Sociedad from Messi).
    There isn’t too many good wingers left in the market. Puli, Sterling, Sancho, who else?

5. zanderbz

zanderbz Member

May 12, 2005
    United States
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, your mid-table comment took me to a dark place and made me think about Jozy Altidore at Sunderland. Not that they were mid-table, it’s just that some scars take longer to heal.

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic plays nearly every match when he’s healthy. He’s also probably best off playing on a deep squad that won’t need to run him into the ground. No reason to leave unless Tuchel sits him with no PT for a long stretch.

7. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    I have no idea what some of you are on about. There is no way - NO WAY - a player like Pulisic, who is getting minutes and contributing, would want to leave a team playing like Chelsea are now, when they are looking like world-beaters, and are the Vegas favorites to win the Prem, with a shot to win another CL as well. And there is no way in hell that said player, even if he was unhappy, would voice that mid-season in a campaign going this well.
    In the summertime, who knows, maybe CP and Chelsea will have different plans, and that is ok. But right now, I sense Pulisic would play at central defender if Tuchel told him to - and yes, he would
    Hate it - but he’d do it and not have his ppl tell the media he wants to go to Barcelona

8. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Liverpool seems to be on quite a run the past few weeks. They sure are going to miss some key players once the African Cup starts.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Blasphemy! Season 2 was the best!

10. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Puli starts every game when available, people say he needs a rest and to be rotated.

If Puli comes off the bench some of the time when available, people say he's unhappy not being a permanent starter and would look to move elsewhere.

11. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As is tradtion.

12. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I think you'd definitely want that if you've seen her lately.

13. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Eh. It was a clear retread but bearable. My wife and I couldn’t even finish episode one of season 3. Reminds me of a GOT type show. Captures a moment that is really fun and sparks something in you, and then u forgive how pedestrian, repetitive, and poor it becomes because of that initial feeling.
    It’s why folks can watch a show that has been pure garbage since season 3, like Walking Dead, and why producers just keep milking it. All of the desperate need for attention and content has produced so much overwhelming, similar crap that its got me reading again. I thank Netflix and every app for that.

14. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer, I'm looking forward to LWB Pulisic though.

15. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

You know us Americans, we want it ALL; and we want it NOW.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Re: Phoebe Cates) oooof, I know her from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Talk about going way back in time...

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    AND WITH PROPER REST DAMNIT

LouisianaViking07/09 and freisland repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    CP should start every game for Chelski, not get hurt or tired, and always be rested for USMNT games... I don't care that Chelski have 10 games in December. I want what I want! Oh, and an amber-encased 80s starlet as my side squeeze. That is all.

nobody and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    And if I post the same thing over and over and over and over and over relentlessly over all threads all of the time it will come true!

freisland repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It's the rules.

I don't make them. I just follow along at home.

Ray Shoesmith repped this.
  21. Kevino

Kevino Member

United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Prior to the injury Pulisic started 10 of the previous 11 league fixtures... The times he didn't start he was usually the first attacking player off the bench. It's obvious that Tuchel rates him very high, and I would be happy to see him stay at Chelsea. He will most likely not start tomorrow (I hope I'm wrong), but hopefully he gets a good 30 minutes in the second half.

22. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    paging Jedi Robinson...

23. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    Ok. So the only player he didn't have access to was Chabolah.

24. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    ...and when Pulisic is injured, people say that he is unhappy with his playing time :ROFLMAO:

CyphaPSU repped this.
  25. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Trading CP for Dest...

Dervos and Pl@ymaker repped this.