Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    What is it about Big Soccer that people like to 'jump the gun' with their 'firm opinions' before the facts are all in?

Regarding Pulisic leaving Chelsea this summer- we can't even begin to have a healthy conversation until much, much later this season.

There are too many 'what if' scenarios which would make Pulisic leaving Chelsea EITHER much more likely OR not likely at all.

The thing could swing either way, big-time!

So at this point, no one has a clue what summer 2022 will look like for this situation. Nor do Chelsea.

We can conjecture all we want, but it is pretty big waste of time until
    many more games are played.

superdave repped this.
  2. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    The whole point of BS is for us all to waste time speculating and making conjecture about topics we don't control. That's the fun!

russ, mace, golazo68 and 3 others repped this.
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Let me have a beer and a mop."

That's BS, except Golazo would refuse us the beer.

YankatOxford, golazo68 and tomásbernal repped this.
  4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Poster 1: I have noticed phenomenon X. I suspect X is true because of reasons A, B, C.

Poster 2: All words mean what they mean in my head. Your reasons B and C include ambiguous words. I choose to construe ambiguous words in ways that lead me to conclude that you don’t know what you are talking about. Therefore, you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

Poster 3: Poster 2 always does that. Just ignore him.

Poster 4: Nobody mentioned factors D, E, F. I assume that’s because you aren’t as experienced or as knowledgeable a fan as I am. I understand D, E and F and think they are crucial here. So they are.

Poster 5: Poster 1, have you thought about factors G and H? They may be affecting phenomenon X.

Poster 1: Yeah, maybe, I hadn’t thought of that. Good thing I read through all the other stuff and saw this. Thanks.

russ and mace repped this.
  5. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Pulisic officially out for tomorrow match against Southampton and doubtful on Saturday against Newcastle..My guess is he probably misses the Newcastle match too.

TimB4Last repped this.
  6. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, it's getting to the point CP might as well be seen as a new summer transfer signing when he finally plays for Chelsea again! So what newbie prank will the team pull on Pulisic as a "welcome to the team" gesture? ;)

markandrew78 repped this.
  7. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are the way the conversations on here go on the good days. Exceptionally good days nowadays...

8. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    grade 2 sprain = 5 - 8 weeks for full recovery ... September 9 - Nov 9 = 8 weeks.

we are at 6.5 weeks today ....

"he is suffering" ... tells me full rehab ongoing. I have been through grade 2 recovery - the bands and stretching and BAPS board and so forth are just no fun .... but you have to do it ... the body has its own timeline.

Look folks it is not fun to see him not even in training ... but patience is patience.

His ankle should not have folded non contact like that .... I bet he has done that before and did not rehab it properly.

I hope he is taking his time and rehabbing in properly so he is stronger than before.

Hope we see a video of him running again in the next week or two.

russ, laxcoach and Winoman repped this.
  9. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    till he is 100% ready to go and training with the squad more than a few sessions I hope we don't see him out there.

Winoman repped this.
  10. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Now with Lukaku out along side Pulisic I’m starting to wonder of when a player twists his ankle the doctor enters the exam room and takes a look then says “ OH MY GAWD!!! WHAT THE $@$!!!!”
    Then composed addresses the press with… “its a sprain”

11. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Ok, so I deserved that. :) So let me play along....

I am of 2 minds....

Christian comes back at some point, and plays well enough the rest of the season to be seen as a (partially) valuable cog in the Tuchel overall machine (and as they reckon it will cost just as much to replace his production as buy it + adding in the 'marketing value' of having a high profile Yank.....the numbers still work)

Or he totally screws the pooch with his injuries and lack of form the remainder of the season....and Chelsea off-load him in the summer.

Venezia anyone?

:D

ChicagoVT repped this.
  12. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Man...here we go again with him only being available for 1-2 matches before
    WCQ.......argh for his fitness and argh for how Chelsea must feel for him going on int'l duty again

Winoman repped this.
  13. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    I'm wondering if he can get healthy.

eric_appleby and russ repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hopefully none. A prank could break him until May.

15. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Since his rehab is taking so long and we're approaching the International window already, maybe it'd be best for Chelsea to slow things down a bit just to keep him from playing his first few matches back while on International duties...

Mexico will be a very physical match so I suspect they'd rather him not playing that match.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Agreed. It's time to stop playing the short game and start playing the long game.

RunthePoint and CyphaPSU repped this.
  17. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Chelsea doesn't actually have that many matches in the next few weeks. Then the last 5 weeks or so of the year, it's really going to be full on. If he is going to take a while to recover, this isn't a particularly bad time if he can get well for that long stretch. CP will get a lot of minutes if he can play up to his potential. And that is true even if Lukaku and Werner do come back relatively soon.

zanderbz repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It all wen to heck when SFS left the site!

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Over 30 league?

I kid... I kid... I hope...

20. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Can’t wait for him to play again so we can tslk abo
    love a good over thirty league

freisland repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey Christian - you going to Vegas this year?

Depends on the knee man. Gonna try...

22. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  23. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    So, based on this tweet, it sounds like maybe he will return to team training this week? It is known?

Edit: or did I misread said tweet, and it is saying that this week, he has been training solo in preparation for his return (whenever the hell that may be)

Attached Files:

24. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh

8 weeks is 9 Nov

he is right on time to start training again

grade 2

Winoman repped this.
  25. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard an interview with a Chelsea-knowledgeable football journalist today on Grumpy Pundits. He spoke about CP returning to training on grass and opined that things are moving along well enough. Further, CP might make the last game prior to the break. In this case, he may make it to the Quals with Tuchel's blessing. The rational is that Tuchel won't use CP until he has some recovery and game preparation minutes in hand. The Quals would be just the ticket for that because he will return fully able to contribute [big assumption, admittedly] to Chelsea's title run.