Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah bro people communicate things on the field. you ever watch azpi play? he's a goddamn chatterbox.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could it be Timo's all time disallowed goals?

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cris 09 repped this.
  4. kumuyc

kumuyc Member

Nov 7, 2016
    ESPN is merely stating that Werner had 16 goals called back for "more often than not for offside". Other relaying that as ESPN saying Werner had 16 goals disallowed specifically by VAR seem classic case of playing telephone.

golazo68 repped this.
  5. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    This is overblown. I don't see any evidence where it is important: in the field of play. I don't see any evidence of players not passing the ball to Werner when
    he is open. That is infinitely more important (and telling) IMO than being slow
    to a goal celebration.

If players really dislike you, they avoid giving you the ball when they can get away with it.

6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never said it wasn’t more important.

7. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Back to the topic at hand. Pulisic is hitting jumpers in the backyard with Chillwell…can one hope he is ready for full training once again this week?

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So many goals disallowed means he's not keeping an eye on the defensive line. Not good.

adi21 repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe the whole "he's not doing well" spiel by TT is pure head games, to take Brentford by surprise.

Or maybe is to avoid sending him to those pesky qualifiers.

10. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Thanks for bringing us back to Pulisic. I was about to suggest changing the topic name to: “Timo in blue. Not the Weah but Chancellor Werner!”

11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you think the guy with a huge america bald eagle flag etc tattoo...captain of the usmnt...face of the program is missing qualifiers on purpose?

put the pipe down

LouisianaViking07/09 and HScoach13 repped this.
  12. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Don't know about you guys...but I'm going to puke if Pulisic isn't ready in 2 weeks and this is some sort of longer-term issue. That would make it the 4th or 5th season in a row that he has missed significant time to do injuries.

markandrew78 repped this.
  13. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Yeah, I certainly hope this is not the case. If it is, then Chelsea will off load him in the summer, and have decent justification.

markandrew78 repped this.
  14. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    It's going to be a tough decision since he's their only winger that can run at and take people on directly

15. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, most of these were simply offside.

Timo has had 3 prem goals ruled out by VAR; last season vs Liverpool & Leicester, this season vs Southampton

16. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I may intervene….I think what was said was that maybe Tuchel is the one trying to avoid sending Pulisic to our qualifiers. I think that’s plausible, especially if Pulisic isn't healed up 100% yet or ‘just’ got healed up. I sure as heck wouldn’t want to release Pulisic if I were coach.

Vorian Atreides, russ and Suyuntuy repped this.
  17. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    This is a great conversation starter for the Timo Werner thread in another forum.

Winoman and Bite o' the Cherry repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Exactly. I've made the point before that Puli always wants to play for the NT.

Of course Tuchel prefers to keep him, so the whole making-his-situation-look-worse-than-it-actually-is is not just for the press, but for Puli too.

19. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His success, and even his perceived success, is 100% relevant to CPs career.

And that post isn't a conversation starter... it's a conversation ender. Just like this one.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  20. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well what is he? 12 years old?

If puli is being manipulated like that it is hard to believe.....im sure he'd be chafing and speaking out if that was the case....he's not a child.

i'm sure it is mutual that he not come.....not some manipulation or refusal by tuchel that is the deciding factor here.

he simply isn't ready.

21. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Haaaaaassve you met BS?

russ repped this.
  22. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I was screaming at gGg via the TV for letting him back on the field. What a ********ing idiot

mace repped this.
  23. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i get the feeling that pulisic "wears the pants" in the ggg-puli relationship...i think he calls the shots on what he does or doesnt do.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That'd be terrible, if he's the one demanding that all attack goes through him when he plays, and would explain why the team looks better without him.

I hope it's not true.

25. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    we’d all turned the corner after multiple posts about Timo’s VAR stats. And then you dragged us back into it. But thanks for finally “ending” the conversation with your perceived mic drop.

Anyway, I expect CP will be fit by the next match, in time for a sub appearance. But could be wishful thinking.