Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone living in the US might be more inclined to run into a US-based forum that discusses the sport. Of course it is relevant.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #47002 Cris 09, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Like most forums, it doesn't matter that it was originally made in the US and run by Americans. It is still global as far as reach goes - that's how the internet works. I came here because of a bunch of Germans and Americans living in Germany that first had the ISFA groups and then the Yahoo Groups for Dortmund back in the late 90's and made their way to Big Soccer. I was living in South American back then and the rest were primarily in Germany beside a couple in the US. None of us gave a shit about English football or US based players...but here we are.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Truth be told until social media and Reddit, this was one of the places to discuss soccer. Plenty of people came here from other locales, I know a few that came here from the BBC 606, some from soccernet, others from elsewhere. I do know a few people who were posting on Usenet before this site came along. Most sports based discussion websites are usually siloed, whereas here I could get insights from other folks.

4. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #47004 CyphaPSU, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    I didn't think this would become a debate, but here we are (this is BigSoccer, after all). Sounds like you came here through interweb connections--of course that happens. What I had in mind were real-life connections in the US that might lead an ex-pat to find this site. Regardless of nationality, there are quite a number of BS members who found out about this site through a friend. That's really all I had in mind.

russ repped this.
  5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...Yeah, no debate from my end...that wasn't my intention. Just sharing how I believe many of us got here.

LouisianaViking07/09 and CyphaPSU repped this.
  6. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this "real life" stuff"?
    Also,what are friends?

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The internet doesn’t have boarders. This site also has other national teams pages and clubs/leagues. Only thing of relevance is if they’d “think down” cause it says soccer and not football.

8. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current internet definitely has borders (ask China or Russia or North Korea or even the blackout of my local MLS team)

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this context it doesn’t. Sure there is censorship in those countries but I’d rather stay on topic

superdave repped this.
  10. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geography still matters even on the internet, friend. Americans have access to Sky Sports’ website and they have sections on various sports—including the NFL. But, how many Americans would go there for NFL news? It’s quite nice to see people from a variety of countries on here, but why is it anathema to you that I find it surprising to hear about the mix of the crowd on the Chelsea forum?

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s more so comfort or familiarity then boarder tho. This site has much more to offer than just the US side.

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Only surfers...

Yeah, that's why you all pay the big bucks.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This is the most active soccer board in English in the USA.

Still, the place with the most activity is the MX area.

Some sites, for whatever reason, attract more a mix of foreigners than others. Take Ghanaweb, that spite the name is a place where people from all over Africa go to talk (and a lot of it is soccer). Or Forosperu, where the Latin Americans flock to talk (also, a lot of it is soccer). At some point Mediotiempo had some of the most successful Latin American forums, but they got canned (it takes money when you have 100,000+ visitors/day).

In German you have the Schwatzgelb forum: although nominally for Dortmund, you have a lot of people posting about sundry teams from all over the world --so far you can write in German, you'll find your way there.

And in England the Sunderland forum (Ready To Go) is also a place where you find fans from different clubs posting stuff. I think the interface of the forum makes it easy and comfy to people.

Some places, for whatever reasons (catchy name, cool interface, friendly admins, solid software, word of mouth, awesome logo, etc.) exceed their intended purpose and become truly international. I think that's not exactly the case here, because the International areas (outside MX) are pretty much dead.

14. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Puli in exchange for Hazard plus $80 mil.

Centennial repped this.
  15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol Chelsea would laugh at that. Hazard is 30. We don’t pay players over 30. Especially one that doesn’t like to train and has had injury issues. 80 mill wouldn’t be enough. They’ll demand north of 100. Puli isn’t going anywhere next year so I suggest you get that notion out of your head.

stanger repped this.
  16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they bring in Sancho then I think they could offset the cost by moving CP. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol wut?

Have you followed Hazard's time at Madrid? No way would we want him back. He's been injured and his performances have been lacking. He's also 30 playing a position that ages badly.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puli is going nowhere this summer unless someone makes a big a$$ bid for him, which most teams can ill afford right now. Why would Chelsea need to sell? It does not behoove Tuchel to push him out knowing his quality. It behooves Tuchel to bring in more talent, not to push out the actual talent he does have. Pulisic and his camp might push for a move, but that won't be Chelsea asking for it , and if they aren't asking for it, they'll wait for the price they deem acceptable which would likely be well north of what they paid for him. Who is going to pay that with his injury record this season?

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, and what he ain't is a guy who trains like Robben or Ronaldo. He trains more like Freddy Adu.

20. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
  21. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad, I meant Pulisic + $80 mil, sorry for the confusion.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sancho is just talk... their after Haaland or Lukaku. Money isn’t an issue for Chelsea. Their books are probably the one of few “super clubs” that aren’t completely cooked.

23. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    If they bring in Sancho, they will have to sell a winger and I could see CP volunteering to leave instead of Zeyech

Let's hope this is not the case but I hear Chelsea is determine to make a big purchase this summer and if they can't get Haaland, they may buy Sancho who is already being linked eventhough they're stocked at this position..

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you had it right first time. Hazard plus 80 for Pulisic. Not Pulisic + 80 for Hazard. That’s not happening. Chelsea only bring hazard back on a free or maybe a loan but it won’t be at the cost of Pulisic.

25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    LOL @ the thought of Puli leaving a solvent CFC likely to complete for hardware again next season to a bankrupt cluster******** that are the two Spanish giants. That is f'in crazy talk. His camp has made all the right moves so far, I can't imagine them making such a cock-up.

I get going after Haaland, but I don't thnik the Jaden Sancho rumors have any real truth to them.