Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    "wouldn't it be great if x player beats Chelsea?"

No. We are in the CP thread, so no. It wouldn't be better than CP Ballin out and takin Chelsea into the champions league final

Zinkoff, adi21, madvillain and 6 others repped this.
  2. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    I want Pulisic to win things, not just look good individually as he team gets swept aside. Big difference and the former is much preferred. Winning things matters.

Gacm32, Zinkoff, madvillain and 3 others repped this.
  3. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    I agree with this. A Champions League winner on your national team brings a lot of credibility, regardless if he's captain or not. A Champions League winner gets another contract even if he shouldn't.

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I want him to win just not at Chelsea. Scoring in a CL final I'd support but I hope the opponent would thrash Chelsea.

5. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Imo they win the fa cup final last year if he stayed healthy and didnt tear his hamstring.

Anyways he better be getting the start today.

Gacm32, Zinkoff, adi21 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I'll be pretty shocked if he starts today. Might even be considered cheating.

Gacm32, Zinkoff, superdave and 7 others repped this.
  7. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Yikes! Just realized it's tomorrow. Better for my work schedule :)

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Ergo, you do not want CP to win the Champions League. You hate Chelsea that much (because City is so, so much more loveable?).

Gacm32 and adi21 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I hate them all. I wanna see Liverpool win it all or an underdog. I suppose of the two, i'd prefer Chelsea.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    hell, he almost scored his 2nd goal during his injury.

NorcalHockeyhooligan and madvillain repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  12. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I hope Chelsea advance tmr to face city so Mendy has to relive his terror again.
    Lol they overlap.

adi21 repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Certainly. But the set of Pulisic fans is not a subset of the set of Chelsea fans. You can be a fan of Pulisic and not one of Chelsea.

Winoman and dspence2311 repped this.
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    So it's been decided.

Chelsea vs City for the CL Final.

15. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Wow, talk about jinxing it for CP. let’s see how tomorrow goes....

16. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does credibility for your national team get you favorable calls in San Pedro Sula? I'm curious as to how having CL winner on the Nats helps the team.

russ repped this.
  17. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    Probably not the best way to say it, but for a team like the US, it means you're producing a level of talent that hasn't really existed before. A player who has competed at arguably the highest level of world football and won while playing a significant role. The more players we have of that caliber the better. Does it mean we get calls in Honduras? Probably not. Does it help generate money from sponsors to have a highly accomplished player to point at. Absolutely it does.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  18. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. I personally think it is poor look to root against CFC whilst our lad is there. Now once he leaves, then all bets are off. It is alos interesting watching the evolution of TT and what could be an amazing turnaround from a team that was in 9th place just a short while ago.

19. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My love for Pulisic is greater than my love for RM. On the other hand, Hazard has had such a hard time with injuries and getting trashed in the media. It would be a nice form of redemption for him to score. There are many possible stories to be written tomorrow. None of us knows what will happen, including me. Literally anything is possible. I won't miss this game for the world.

20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one doubts that CR9 is one of the all time greats. Is he as good as he was 5 years ago? No, but he's still damn good.

dspence2311 repped this.
  21. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    He probably can't sleep because he wants to destroy Real Madrid in this second leg. The guy doesn't seem to get nervous.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I never said anyone doubted him. I simply stated that it's impressive how he changed clubs/leagues and still a damn bulldozer without missing a step.

24. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    its kind of ironic all the playoffs joke in the midst of a tournament like champions league, featuring the best teams who qualified to be there and get sent home if they lose

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  25. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    No, not directly. Sponsorship $ reflects on popularity of the sport, which may reflect players in top echelon. But a sponsor isn't paying more because US has players at top of world footie.

(As an aside, people seem to overrate the amount of attention sponsors pay to inner workings. SFS used to claim they would not support the team because of Bob Bradley's naive coaching.)

Dirt McGirt repped this.