Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Sure. And we're expected to believe that. Yet there are plenty of cut scenes with her in that movie.

At any rate, I don't care about the MCU except for the fact that the young ones in the family enjoy it. Captain Marvel is, overall, a rather lousy character in the comics: totally OP and without a compelling back story. I don't know how they could turn that into good film-making, or even just good enough to keep the attention of anyone over 12.

2. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Brighton decides they will play for the goalless draw then boring is what will happen.

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  3. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    That's a cut scene, yep. There are lots of them when someone shoots a three-hour movie. I mean, you're going to believe whatever you believe, but you're just factually wrong here.

aveslacker repped this.
  4. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Maybe I can't spell anymore..I don't know :rolleyes:

5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    "Badly received" Captain Marvel did $1.1 billion of box office. It got good reviews from a majority of critics on the curve of superhero movies. It got pummeled on Rotten Tomatoes initially, possibly due to an organized trolling campaign, and is now at 79% there. It was not poorly received. Some people didn't like it, or at least they didn't like the idea of it.

Also, F Brighton.

6. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I liked it more than most of the Avengers movies. Why are we talking about it?

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    TT's team is much like that of Lampard, still unable to break down bottom half teams that decided to bunker.

8. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely inept midfield demonstrating its inability to create attacks. There were a few exceptions. I remember a good, straight-ahead dribble run by Mount through little resistance that ended abominably. And two or three line-breaking passes to Ziyech who bungled his part of the play leading to nothing. Mostly, CP was an attacking onlooker, with no systematic effort to work him into the attack. Typical, I'm afraid. The good news is that this was the first game of this season that I can remember in which CP was not replaced by a late game sub in a game that needed a goal.

9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theres no playmakers. no creativity in midfield.

I hope beerholder is watching.....

10. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They definitely missed Kovacic or Kante this match.

Mount and Jorginho is a soft dm pairing. It wouldn't have been more creative but they would have controlled the game more. With a better chance for a lucky bounce or moment of brilliance.

11. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Can someone tell me the score because when I find the game on peacock and click it I get taken to my firetv home page. FFS. Peacock sucks a$$.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    0-0

ebbro repped this.
  13. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Thanks. But CP was awesone, right?

14. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    I think that you guys happened upon the wrong "nerd" forum. This one is for football/soccer geeks.

russ, LouisianaViking07/09 and ChicagoVT repped this.
  15. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    ChicagoVT and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm done with the useless, subpar, thieving streaming services.

[​IMG]

USA-Zebuel and Winoman repped this.
  17. irvine

irvine Member

Nov 24, 1998
    S. Portland, ME
    Nerds are nerds. I am Nerd; I contain multitudes.

russ and aveslacker repped this.
  18. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Wow, 8 is definitely pushing it, and I'm a CP homer. He was either the best or tied for the best attacking player on most of the post-match rating sites. He wasn't awful, and showed a few signs. Even had a couple of defensive gems. But he disappointed a bit, to be honest. CP is expected to run at people and cause chaos. He made too many safe passes and didn't challenge Brighton's D enough. Sure, the whole team, aside from Kepa and maybe a first-half Rudiger, was not lighting it up. But CP for the most part didn't stand out.

NorcalHockeyhooligan and TimB4Last repped this.
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He was involved in every goal.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    It's why Superman is so boring. He's way too powerful to have a convincing enough adversary and for their to be stakes.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    O/T but why was Kepa starting?

22. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    #45747 matabala, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    I noted the shot he missed left and his overwrought, ridiculous pleading for a penalty call. An action that writ large says much about Pulisic and his mental game. And not in a positive way.

A game in which Chelsea flattered to deceive. Brighton had the better run of play in the second half and, but for some woeful finishing, should have scored a winner.

Chelsea continues to look like a side without a raison d'etre, less than the sum of their very expensive parts.

23. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    I love CP, but honestly, I'm begining to really hate that pleading thing he does. Save it for an especially egregious case, which wasn't the case today. That's two games in a row. He needs to give it a rest.

wsmaugham repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I love Puli but gotta admit he has a very punchable face.

russ repped this.
  25. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States