Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There are going to be plenty of rumors about him starting in early April. You can bet on that.

The reason is mainly clickbait. Even if only 5% of Americans follow soccer closely enough to click on articles, that's still a lot of money, because of the big population and big median income.

So the international press, that almost always has articles in English, and that like most of the planet cares a lot about soccer, is going to take the chance.

You'll see him linked to every single club capable of affording his price and salary. It's likely it all is going to be bull.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. greenarch

greenarch Member

Jan 16, 2021
    #44077 greenarch, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Real Madrid may have big pockets in normal times but they are not going to be splashing tons of cash during the pandemic. They have made it pretty clear they will probably be in for Mbappe or Haaland and are "saving up" for that. They won't spend tens of millions on Pulisic.

Liverpool have always been fairly conservative in their spending in good times, and it looks like they are going to miss out on Champions League, worsening an already difficult situation due to the pandemic. I don't see them as having "deep pockets" anytime soon. They'd have to sell a couple big players. Will be interesting to see what happens there but I find it hard to believe they'd be in for him this ssummer.

I just don't see any teams putting u p the cash Chelsea will want for pulisic this summer due to the pandemic and his injury issues. He has too much time left on his contract and is on big wages. Best he can hope for is a loan if he really is not in their plans.

TimB4Last repped this.
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    So we have to wait until April? :(

4. greenarch

greenarch Member

Jan 16, 2021
    lmao the comments on him being some shut in or social pariah are so funny to me. What exactly are these theories based on? Didn't he go on vacation with Mount and Abraham? He's kind of an awkward guy in interviews but I don't get the sense that he is disliked.

sXeWesley repped this.
  5. greenarch

greenarch Member

Jan 16, 2021
    They can change quickly at any top team with a lot of top talent coming in and out. Better players than Pulisic have found themselves suddenly iced out.

6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I wonder if a rehabilitative interview would be timely, ideally with Oprah, but perhaps with Piers as well.

Moishe and bct81 repped this.
  7. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    name me one world class player like that - that is at the top of the list .....

and closers are FORMER great starters that can't last 5 - 9 innings anymore.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  8. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuchel said he is training hard (just like Emerson) .... that he is just unlucky not to be on the pitch.

Look it is what it is - he is talented player (proven) with technical skills (proven) who is now healthy but who is inconsistent and who does not fit in TT's current system. I get it.

just stop blowing smoke up everyones arse TT.

trade CP.

ChicagoVT and RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  9. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    What I find annoying are all the ignorant Chelsea “fans” that are always looking at the next shiny thing. Apparently Havertz is GOD now that he had one mediocre game and CP sucks cause he hasn’t done anything.

I have 100% faith that if CP was given the patience and time TT has awarded other players that he would be doing great things for Chelsea. I just don’t understand why he has been frozen out in favor of guys who haven’t performed any better. It’s not that CP isn’t any good, he has clearly proven he can be a top player on this team.

10. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the only thing worse than the US media establishment is the UK one.

markandrew78 and madvillain repped this.
  11. bct81

bct81 Member+

United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cough cough ........................................................................ paging Crawleybus ....

he is not German or English or French (Mendy or Kante) ...

12. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's nothing new about that quote, either. The date indicates something new, but he said virtually the same thing weeks ago, shortly after he arrived. It has been quoted a couple of times earlier on this thread and I don't have the patience to look for it again.

russ repped this.
  13. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    All theories (shit ones at that) are based on lack of playing time.

14. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Many would say we find the same thing annoying about BS YA. One week they're great, then next they suck.

F96 repped this.
  15. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Agree that he does not fit what Tuchel is doing right now. Will that change? I hope so. Although I do think he could've found more minutes for him in these 11(?) games.

16. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    James Harden use to be a 6th man.

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Um no. Mariano Rivera started a whopping 10 games before becoming the set-up man for John Wetland prior to going down history as the greatest closer in MLB history. Truth is, most great closets were never good let alone great starters.

Sufjan Guzan and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  18. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    #44093 appoo, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    point being, being a super sub is a legit position. It doesn't mean it's his permanent position.

zanderbz repped this.
  19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Walked in too many?

Moishe repped this.
  20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuchel has been given a mission by his master Abramovich. Get to top 3 or at least top 4. His concern isn't the players and their playing time. His only concern is getting into the Champions League. He wants points. Once he does that, he will be in a position to start experimenting again. He doesn't rate Pulisic as a starter in his system. He talks around this truth to keep Pulisic on a leash. Pulisic definitely should go in the summer. He's a young player, a talented player, and has many good years ahead of him. The asterisk is his injury history. £58 million ($71m) price tag.

21. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    So many players came to Chelsea young, did just ok, went elsewhere and did better or blew up. Salah, De Bruyne, even Lamptey this year...

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wait... how'd you know it was me?

i didn't think I typed with a German accent!

What needs to happen, of course, is for Chelski to stop winning. That is the weird thing that happened that has everyone confused. Until that stops, I don't think much changes.

23. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Just imagine if this were a French board talking about OG. WOW

TT has done the job. 2 goals in 11 games is pretty good form for a squad that wasn't even looking like a team 7 weeks ago. Averaging getting over two points a game with all their direct competition.
    Still in fourth although f ing West Ham can catch them with their game in hand. They also are beginning to look more fluid on offense and I think it is just a matter of time until they put it all together. There is no compelling case that can be made for our lad. He has to do that.

CP isn't being frozen out, he is getting at least a token run almost every game. Load management with him is still an issue, and I am okay with him not having to be the man. I don't buy he doesn't fit the system. He isn't going anywhere until summer, at the earliest, and there are still at least a dozen games to play.

zanderbz, F96 and freisland repped this.
  24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're really reaching for examples to fit your narrative. You know soccer, with limited substitutions, is fundamentally different from American sports. Try and find an example in world soccer. A closer is a probably the worst example.

He's not in TT plans. Many in this thread called this the day he was announced as the new manager.

ardubois3 and twoolley repped this.
  25. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic is a left sided attacking mid or winger or a 2nd forward in a two forward formation. TT has played Hudson Collum-Odoi and Mason Mount in the left sided attacking midfield role the past 2 games. Mount is more defensive minded and that was needed against Liverpool. I have a feeling against Leeds, which is weak defensively, is when Pulisic will get his first start. That's only a guess. You owe me a beer if true.