Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I'm sure some thought he would, but I have no idea what they could possibly base it on other than hope. I still think your statement is far from accurate.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    DESPITE WHAT CRAWLEYBUS THINKS! And where exactly have I said he doesn't have quality exactly!! Just because I've pointed out he isn't Diego Maradona (who is exactly) it means I don't think he has quality!! I mean really! Or do you ACTUALLY believe he is as good as Maradona! :-D

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A 'pure Anglophile'! Really? And what do you base that on exactly!? Is it because I don't think Pulisic is 'the world's bestest player'! Perhaps I've just actually got my head screwed on.

4. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Stop bringing up maradona/Messi/Ronaldo as if anyone has said anything close to that. It’s intellectually dishonest and comes off really condescending, which I believe is actually your intent in saying it.

I don’t get the impression that you think pulisic lacks quality however just that you don’t view him as a locked in starter and get defensive when anyone has negative things to say about Chelsea most of which are relatively accurate (wasteful in transfer market like can you really argue that?!!)

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You think the rest of the Premier League haven't got any money!? Perhaps you should see who actually has spent the most? Just because Pulisic isn't (currently) getting game time we're supposed to believe that one of the world's biggest sports clubs is to blame because 'those nasty English guys' (Club owned by a Russian and managed by a German) won't 'let' him play, and when he does those nasty 'English defenders' (again most are foreign) won't let him through to score lots of goals. Are we seriously supposed to believe this? Or could it perhaps be that he's been injured and his current form is not so good?

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NOBODY right now is a 'locked in starter' besides the reality is his form has been poor recently, what has he actually done that means he should be a 'locked in starter' above say Giroud, who is also NOT a 'locked in starter'. Like everyone else on the team he is going to have plenty of opportunities to show us what he's got, when he gets the chance it's really up to him to make the most of it.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm quite sure he's going to stick to it and eventually get his shot again. Which is terrible, I dislike Chelsea.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All three were established studs by the time they got to Chelsea. Hell, the club was also a lot more stable with supporting players that had a clue. This Chelsea ain’t that.

I don’t think he needs to be anywhere else, none of my very few posts state or imply that. As far as his being superior to Mount, apples to oranges. CHO? No question he’s got more in his toolbox

9. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Good points.

Chelsea is like that millionaire’s wife that has had a whole bunch of plastic surgery and now looks like she is running really fast when standing still.

From far away she looks pretty good but when you get up close she is a cobbled together hot mess.

10. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I think you likely have the correct take. How u fortunate to have to keep watching Chelsea.

mschofield repped this.
  11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    classic strawman counterargument

adi21 repped this.
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The next sentence was how much less would you take, so i was acknowledging that he wouldn't be leaving Chelsea to pay to play for the Ox and Brimstone Pub side. But the Premiership is far and away the best paying league in the soccer world, and he's the 24th highest earner in it. His current salary would place him as the second highest earner in Serie A (behind, and way behind, CRon). Only five La Liga clubs have anyone who earns near what he does, and most of those clubs don't pay anyone half what he makes. If he could land in Barca or RMad, he'd be a average first 11 earner at his current wage.

13. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like yelling at clouds..

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fluffy clouds

15. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read today that clouds can have holes! Like a lot of the takes on this thread. :thumbsdown:

Moishe repped this.
  16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was thinking little fluffy clouds from The Orb

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    What's the difference between a Scotsman and Mick Jagger?
    Mick Jagger sings Hey you, get offa my cloud!
    A Scotsman yells Hey McCloud, get offa my ewe.

You are very welcome.

Abomination jokes are a house specialty.

Bite o' the Cherry, adi21, mace and 8 others repped this.
  18. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Doesn't change the fact that it's perfectly true.

19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea has a history of being a turbulent club, unlike Man City for example!!? You do realise don't you that in recent history Man City were so badly run that they were plying their trade in the THIRD division, Chelsea are one of only a handful of clubs that has never been relegated out of the Premier League, yet it's Chelsea that has a terrible history!?

Look at the end of the day Chelsea are the most successful English club over the last 20 years, they are in the last 16 of the Champions League, they sit near the top of the Premier League, they are in the last 8 of the cup. If Pulisic wants a good chance of silverwear and he wants to ply his skills against the best players in the world in by far the most popular, most watched world's sporting league then perhaps he should stick around and fight for his place. Alternatively he could go to a lesser league, a two horse league like Scotland perhaps, where he can 'shine' against St. Johnstone and be guaranteed silverwear playing for Rangers or Celtic, but if he DOES ever go to say Munich or Manchester don't expect it to be ANY different to life at Stamford Bridge don't expect him to walk into their teams and be a 'starter' at those clubs either.

munichfan9 and zanderbz repped this.
  20. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are literally arguing with yourself.Its as bad a look as having a Russian mobster own your team and almost as bad as having Ken Bates be a previous owner.

GreedyG, superdave and Moishe repped this.
  21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What has Ken Bates got to do with Pulisic? As for Abramovich I would argue that he has the interests of his club at heart far more than the Glazers have at Manchester.

22. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You jump on one clause in a post and ignore all the context around it.This is the sort of stuff that ruins discussions. Try to do better.

GreedyG repped this.
  23. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    So puli on the bench again today? Would be really disappointing but I guess werner is somehow an automatic every game starter now.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    While City is running away with it, 4-9 in the league is still pretty tight with 4 of them playing today. Battle for 4 and 5 will be good going down the stretch.

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Based on who’s not starting and who TT has been talking about, it’s probable CP doesn’t see the pitch.