Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vardy is also on the list as “1 month” and he scored a hat trick today

lmorin repped this.
  2. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the only way to read that table listing injuries is the top of the list for each squad to the bottom is in order of most recent "injuries" ... both Son and Vardy had good games (Vardy outstanding) and yet both have slight injuries - hence they are at the top of the list for Spurs and Leicester respectively. Pulisic is farther down the list on Chelsea's tab and so the information there (1 month) may be dated. Guess we will just have to see.

3. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the site is simply bogus. Just a few days ago, CP was listed at 0 days to return.

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    aka A rich man's Wondolowski

5. honest trade

honest trade Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “There’s always a concern about a player’s fitness when the history says there’s been some injuries. Last season we did have them with Christian, I was questioned many times on him, when he did and didn’t play,” Lampard said. “Of course, when you look at a player with his recent record, you’re trying to find the right balance of getting the best out of him, which we saw in big periods last year, and making sure you don’t overcook him and leave him susceptible to injury.

“Particularly with a player of his explosive pace and balance. It’s a fine line. We’re working on that and Christian’s also very open to that. He wants to play, he’s so hungry to play and he’s very nearly fit now, but it’s certainly something we have to manage with him this season. We’ve all seen the talent and it’s something we want to get right. I’m not saying it’s a fundamental, chronic issue because it’s not, but we want to get as many minutes out of Christian – the really great Christian that we saw lots of last season – on the pitch.”

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/09/28/pulisic-injury-update-chelsea-latest-news/?partner=Yahoo

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a great and straight-forward set of comments by Frank. It really should put to bed some of the conspiracy theories around here... but it probably won't.

tomásbernal, Gacm32, bct81 and 8 others repped this.
  7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Ziyech & CP are both back and if Frank is still putting Mount at winger... I personally am fine with renewing the conspiratorial questioning of his thinking. But from where we stand now, this makes a lot of sense. It's logic that has been assumed by multiple people in this thread, already... ie, not a huge stretch.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Frank recently described Ziyech as the BEST passer he’d EVER seen !!

That suggests that Ziyech will be starting as soon as he’s ready

Gacm32, adam tash and EruditeHobo repped this.
  9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the major point to be taken from the comment is that we might still see Mount at Winger occasionally even when CP and Ziyech are healthy to decrease their load... at least until they prove they can hold up even closely to the level Mount does. The kid is a friggin tank. Last year there were two times where it looked like the kid would be injured for a significant period of time and he was right back on the pitch the following game. Imagine if CP could hold up like that? He might score 30 goals across all comps if he played every game.

10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think that's built into the logic expressed here -- he's not getting minutes there because Frank hates him there, obviously, but with all first choice wingers healthy I wouldn't expect him there much.

11. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    just hope cp is healthy enough to play soon. you guys are right - being available is a skill that unfortunately pulisic hasn't proven he has.

12. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Yea frankly the whole training plan thing just cements that. I'm glad they have a plan for him of course but it's not exactly great he needs one in the first place.

Method repped this.
  13. IIIwitnessIII

IIIwitnessIII Member

May 19, 2006
    Hudson-Odoi looked like a completely different player on Saturday. A few more performances like that and Pulisic will be fighting for his spot AGAIN or relegated to a role of second-half sub to preserve his fitness. Such a letdown.

14. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh FFS, he was decently good against a team who is favored to be relegated. Earlier in the week he was the worst Chelsea player against Barnsley. He singlehandedly killed a number of promising attacks, dribbling ludicrously backwards and / or getting dispossessed. Let me know when he, or Mount for that matter, command attention from / put fear in a top 6-7 Premier League opponent.

Gacm32, bullit82, superdave and 5 others repped this.
  15. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok

Gacm32, bct81, gogorath and 3 others repped this.
  16. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    that is hilarious.

Gacm32, gogorath, smokarz and 3 others repped this.
  17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    EFL/Carabao Cup game today @ Tottenham (2:45 PM eastern) - no CP, but another chance to read the tea leaves and make thoughtful inferences.

Konut repped this.
  18. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    Tim, I never find any words on the tea leaves :(. Will you help me?

TimB4Last repped this.
  19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    If I'm able to watch the game, of course.

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Is this game on Peacock or ESPN+

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like ESPN+.

How long is CP out for??

22. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I honestly keep forgetting they have Ziyech too. Insane how much young attacking talent this team has. If everyone can get healthy (that's a big if) there are some talented players who are not going to be happy wtih their playing time. If I were CHO i'd probably be looking for a loan somewhere, he can't improve if he's not playing regularly and at his age that's important.

23. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I wonder, where are all the young talented defenders? The team seems very out of balance.

24. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Well hopefully Chilwell comes good. tomori, james are talented players. I think there's something wrong tactically or with what they are told to do in training. None of these more senior players looked this bad under prior managers. Nor did Kepa for that matter.

dspence2311 and smokarz repped this.
  25. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

This ^^^^

It's not the players, it's the coaching.

They have at least mid table or top 5-10 defender talents, yet their defense plays like a relegation team.