Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Respect

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I wouldn't let him go anywhere until I saw whether or not Pulisic/Ziyech can get and stay healthy.

markandrew78 repped this.
  3. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I don’t understand that. Toward the end of restart he looked good at an attacking wing position. Better than RLC or Mount at that spot.

4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I had my share of pulls/tears but never a full rupture.

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Yet Lampard continually play Mount or RLC out of position, instead of CHO.

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really either. He is a pretty straight forward player and I don't think deserves some of the hype he has gotten in the past but his play has been so much better than RLC since their returns. Count me as one of the guys that thought RLC was going to be a stud midfielder but he looks like a shell of his former self right now. I really don't understand why Frank likes to start Mount at winger. The whole world knows he doesn't cut it there. They should have just paid Willian the extra year to stay because Mount can't hold his jock at that position. The fact that Frank played Mount over CHO yesterday with both CP and Ziyech off the squad speaks volumes. I just wish Frank would play Mount in the midfield where he belongs.

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cho can’t get on the field cause he doesn’t work without the ball. He needs to improve in that area. That’s why Mount keeps getting PT there. He talked about how Pulisic needed to improve that early on. Then about how he did improve it. Cho like most kids just wants to attack. Kai isn’t in the opener but when he lost a ball dude tracked back hard. Cho needs to learn this.

RLC isn’t a winger and the injury clearly has him as a shell. He needs to go on loan for PT and get rhythm back. Cho could use PT too but likely wouldn’t go on loan until Jan window.

Bayern can come all they want. He just renewed and Chelsea has zero reason to sell to them.

justinpaul10 repped this.
  8. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Shortly after the restart there was an "in the know" Chelsea pundit on one of the SiriusXM FC shows. He said the staff was not happy with CHO. This may not be strictly related to how he performs. Maybe it is, but the overall impression was he doesn't put in the effort.

9. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haavertz didn’t have a great game but he caught my attention when he tracked back like a man possessed a good 60 yds to win back a ball he had lost.

sXeWesley, bct81 and appwrangler repped this.
  10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He put in a couple of other hard tackles and fought for the ball. Tho he also looked soft at times like he wasn’t expecting the level of physicality tho that has to be learned in the league. He will adapt.

Cho doesn’t ever do that tho. Right now he’s all flash and no grit. That won’t get you anywhere in a team like this. At the highest levels you have to work on both ends.

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Havertz didn't have a good game is largely due to:

1 - Lamp. He shouldn't be starting Haavertz. The guy was with the team for what, a week?

2 - RLC, and to an extend Lamp. RLC has no business being on the field, let alone playing the #10 role. He basically killed every movement forward and handed over the midfield to BHA.

Overall poor game management and roster selection from Lamp. Chelsea was extremely fortunate to walk away with the points from 2 fantastic strikes from their defenders. Most would agreed that BHA had a better game.

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should be just as a CM. Kai doesn’t have the speed to play wide for Lamps. Injures forced his hand. Personally I’d have moved Timo to LW and started Giroud.

RLC hasn’t looked the same since his injury. Def needs a loan to get back to where he was.

Def a bad game but to be fair injuries and suspension forced some of his hand. Kova would have started if not for being suspended. Pulisic and Ziyech would have also started if not for their injuries.

This was a game we’d lose or tie last year. If you’re gonna win the league these are games you have to win even when you’re playing poorly.

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    He wants to go there to be Bayern's 4th attacking wing?

14. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I have feeling that it is Hudson-Odoi's agent is planting these rumors because he is annoyed his client is not starting.

15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Every player brings positives and negatives. Ideally, the creative players all track back and do everything else we want a player to do. But the idea that there is a threshold set of behaviors that are minimum requirements for every player regardless of whatever else each can and can’t do, is old school. And it can hurt you. If it were true, C Ronaldo’s career would be over.
    The rejoinder that “CHO isn’t Ronaldo” is to avoid the point. CHO makes plays at the offensive end that Mount cannot and never will.

Sometimes talented players can help you more not following instructions than perfectly compliant, hustling lesser players can.

16. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Right now, he's 5th or 6th with Chelsea

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I mean he should be annoyed that CHO isn't better than he is.

sXeWesley repped this.
  18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #37968 truefan420, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    You earn that tho. CR7 earned that at United when he was young he use to put in a shift defensively too not Willian level but it wasn’t close to him now. He earned not having to work hard on that end. Cho needs to earn that too. If he can’t then he will only get limited sub minutes and will have to produce results in those minutes if he wants more time at this level.

Deeneaus and IndividualEleven repped this.
  19. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I saw that as well. FL must have loved it.

I don’t ever recall CHO doing that.

20. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I understand that position. It is one view of things. But there are some legendary players in team sports who never would’ve had legendary careers if required to do all of those little things. Lawrence Taylor comes to mind in American football. Absolutely could not follow instructions from day 1, and never did.

21. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Manny Ramirez another classic example. Def not a fan of the "treat all the guys the same" approach with pro coaching. Some guys are so ********ing talented you basically let them get away with shit no average player could, and you know that's fine. Because those are the guys that win games through rare talent.

Pulisic, eventually could be that guy for Chelsea.

22. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, but that sh!t is earned. We are talking about CHO in this context, there are 6 better piano players on Chelsea right now. If he wants to have a team built around him where he can wait for the ball, he can go down to the championship or something. If he wants to play at Chelsea he will need to learn to haul the piano around for a while.

truefan420 repped this.
  23. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    for the record, I am not saying that CHO is like those legendary players. I am saying that tracking back is one of many dimensions of performance. Personally, I think Chelsea gets more net benefits overall from CHO on the wing than from Mason Mount on the wing. That’s just the way it looks to me.

24. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think if i were going to pick examples of players who wouldnt follow instructions/werent "coachable" i probably wouldnt start with two hall of fame level players. not that i, or anyone, wants to get into other sports here just...interesting flex(es).

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here’s the thing tho, the game is 90 minutes. If Cho isn’t in the players you mentioned league then he can’t get away with the for 90 cause what he brings for 90 doesn’t outweigh what he costs the team. That’s why he gets sub minutes. No not all players are the same but you have to show you’re good enough to get that. He hasn’t. Being better than Mount going forward in wide areas is nice and all but if he’s costing the team goals on the other end and doesn’t produce on the attacking end then he won’t play. He wants on the field now he needs to work both ends. Show he can change a game then he gets slack on defense.