Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm not saying it was a simple 100%'er, but...

2. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    "Major soreness" not mentioned. "Discomfort" was what Frank said.

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry that can’t be correct. I thought it was just that Frank hates Americans and doesn’t rate Pulisic.

4. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
  5. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    It was not a difficult save from that distance. He went down so slowly, like an old grandpa. FYI, Kepa has given up more shots from outside the box than any other EPL keeper in a year and 9 out of the last 13 shots have beaten him. He is horrendous.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
  7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two defenders scoring are the only reason Chelsea didn’t share points. In spite of Lalana going off injured BHA still bossed the midfield. That’s scary.

Looking forward to Liverpool, I think we will see CP. Not sure if sub or starter but my guess is sub. That game should be ugly if Alonso plays. Lamptey owned him bad. TAA and Robertson will have a field day.

8. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    "Wow! No, its just, like, unbelievable - Frank reverting to his old ways, man. I mean, bro, Azpilicueta suffered a hamstring injury on the very same day - and he, like, totally played today. Obviously they were the same injury! So its clearly an anti-Pulisic conspiracy! Those other idiots they think that, like, Frank, actually has one of his best players' interests at heart...... NAH"

P.S. Using the logic and comprehension of some of these other dufuses, I decided to play a little game: Overreact to everything, and read something into every little thing, despite clear evidence to the contrary. Here it goes!

"TimB4last promised on his unborn dog's life that Pulisic would play at least 60 minutes today and score a hat trick. (I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it, right?). Did you put ol' yeller down yet, Tim? Or do I have to get evil Frank Lampard and Rebecca Lowe at Peacock to do it for you?"

9. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was kind of rickety going down. No explosiveness.

10. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Just saw the Brighton goal. Should have been saved. He saved a tougher ball earlier in the match.

On another subject, now that Frank knows what he has, he won’t underrate a Pulisic. If he does, again, CO will show him that he is underrating him, again. I assume CP still needs some more recovery.

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Of the new signings, Werner seems more EPL ready and hit the ground running.

Havertz might need a few months to adapt. The Chelsea fans weren't impressed today.

dougtee repped this.
  12. tererere

tererere Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Anyone with some medical knowledge knows what is a discomfort post hammy recovery? just soreness after long time inactive or some inflammation or something

13. NoVa.Dad

NoVa.Dad Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    No, his footwork was good, the dive was good, he was there, but the ball went under his arm/hand. It was a technical error, he did not get his bottom hand down in time. Not defending him, it was a ball that should have been saved, just looking at it from a technical point of view.

14. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    pulisic is kind of a hybrid of the two, with his breakaway speed and intelligent runs but also his ability to dribble and play quick combinations. i think havertz will struggle without at least one of pulisic and ziyech along with him. this chelsea side absent those guys just isnt very creative.

15. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Yes inflammation causing soreness, usually from scar tissue that must be broken up gradually.

justinpaul10 and freisland repped this.
  16. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea physios have been breaking up scar tissue formation this entire time from injury through recuperation. Maybe there is still a little there. I think they are mostly being cautious.

madvillain repped this.
  17. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Yep. The therapy and massage he gets everyday are incredible. Hopefully caution pays off.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Christian Pulisic, Chelsea (English Premier League)
    Overall, Pulisic's first year in the Premier League was a success, as he tallied nine goals and four assists in 34 league and cup appearances. In the process he put to rest any doubts about whether he could hack it skill-wise in the EPL, as he often dazzled on the left wing while also drifting inside.

This season, Pulisic will be hoping to build on what he achieved in 2019-20, but with an added challenge: staying healthy. The U.S. international suffered two muscle injuries -- a hip ailment at the start of the year and a hamstring issue in the FA Cup final -- and that continued a trend from his time at Borussia Dortmund. The competition for places is still there with the likes of Kai Havertz and Hakim Ziyech arriving to replace William and Pedro, along with Callum Hudson-Odoi, Mason Mount, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to contend with. But there seems to be a bit more faith in Pulisic heading into the season, as witnessed by him being given the No. 10 shirt. -- Carlisle

Winoman repped this.
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Thing about hammy surgery is they have to make deep cuts through a lot of meat esp in pro athletes.

You can get large patches of numbness where it is hard to feel the leg/ass working correctly, lots of scarring deep in leg, as noted, that has to be massaged like crasy sometimes. The numbness can last months - and can even be permanent in some cases.

Leg/glutes have to be retrained. If the hip has been impacted at all there's often mechanics to work out there. It has a lot of moving parts as it is the really the nexus for running - esp the start/acceleration/jumping.

20. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    He didn't have surgery this wasn't a rupture thank god. Otherwise agree.

21. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even when you just pull a hammy, there are muscle fibers that tear/fray. Not enough to need surgery but there is still healing and scar tissue that occurs.

Winoman and freisland repped this.
  22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I think a lot of the healing rate for CP will depend upon whether there is someplace else In the lineup where Mount can be plugged in. :)

adi21 and FC Tallavana repped this.
  23. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    what's really bad is when the muscle detaches from the bone and the tendon rips. that leads to ROM issues and increased chance of continued injuries because it shortens the tendon usually and that makes it more prone to ripping again.

that is certainly the worry with Weah going forward and as Chris Paul knows, it can be something that takes careful management the rest of your career.

with pulisic it was a grade 1 sprain, which really just means some localized tearing of the muscle tissue, little if any tendon damage and in theory no issues going forward with proper management and training.

I had to rehab two fully ruptured patella tendons, so in order to be athletic again I had to learn a decent amount about sports medicine. Not saying I'm anywhere close to an expert but I have put some study in 'cause I love sports and not playing again wasn't an option for me.

anyways, hopefully he can play against Liverpool.

justinpaul10 and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I'm pretty sure Mount would have played over RLC yesterday had Pulisic been available. But still, I liked the post. :)

25. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Looks like Bayern comes back for CHO again. I think he might leave this time, as Frank clearly does not rate him.