Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    All things considered he’s been very lucky not to miss MORE games this year considering how fortuitous the season suspension and return was and the second injury coming in the FA cup final.

2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Beckham. I win.

3. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Go on

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    He's my age. Played the Man U youth team in a friendly months before he got pulled up. We got killed 4-0.

5. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    From Tammy's IG, Pulisic getting some well deserved R and R. Personally I think he'll be back training in a few weeks and probably will be fully integrated by middle of September.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDt7jHCHLTX/

6. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Pulisic actually looks the biggest in that photo

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    we need to get his birth certificate pronto, he's looking way beyond 21

appwrangler and bballshawn repped this.
  8. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good one.

The closest I got to that was being 2nd team in my club, the day the first team played Gerd Mueller.

I myself can claim Ray Hudson and two US national team players that were probably before the time of 95% of the members here....

9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every team in the BDL gets thrashed by Bayern on the regular. They are a shark in a league full of barracudas and a few minnows. That is why I hate them ever so much. You go into the BDL season already knowing who is going to win the league.

10. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

You can say the same thing with the French and Italian leagues. Juventus won like 12 straight?

11. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    I think it is obvious that DougTee is looking specifically at Chelsea's GD of +15 as being particularly low for a top 4 team (15 goals behind the 3rd place team, ManU) and is definitely NOT stating that the top 4 isn't usually decided by GD, as you suggest.

Grumpy in LA repped this.
  12. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celtic and Juventus have won 9 on the bounce, Bayern 8, PSG 7 out of the last 8, while Benfica and Porto have split the last 18.

No wonder people enjoy The Premier League.

mace and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was weird.

freisland repped this.
  14. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Archer??

15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then Pulisic needs to learn from him.

16. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    So, it looks like Christian is at a Chelsea camp as a trialist (notice the "T" on his jacket) and he's having his picture taken with two of the academy players, one of which is Mason Mount.

I know that CP lived in England for a year or so. This must have been taken at that time.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    precisely why I do

18. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

As a runt, he had to be smarter and more technical to be successful until he was well into his teens. He will be fine as an older, somewhat slower player.

Suyuntuy, KenC and orcrist repped this.
  19. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    That's 2010 - he would've been 11 or 12. He lived in England for a year when he was 7.

20. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #36970 Brandinho, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    The best source of comedy is Oliver Kahn running his mouth about Man City and financial fair play. Like Dude, your team has won the BDL 7 straight years by poaching the best players from the other teams in your league and yours seriously going to sit there and virtue signal over financial parity?

TimB4Last repped this.
  21. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The Bayern operating procedure. If those other clubs get too uppity you just buy/lure away their best players.

22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I get the irritation that creates, but what do you want them to do? They aren't just going to lay down and allow the other teams to cut into their profits just to be sporting. Guy like Lewa don't want to play for Schalke 04 or Koln. They want to see themselves in Pinstripes ( to borrow from the American vernacular). It's not Bayern's fault. I will say that they should certainly be more humble about their success. You can be confident, but you shouldn't be douchy about the whole thing.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  23. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I don't know that I've noticed such a systematic approach to with other big clubs in other countries the way I've witnessed Bayern do it in Germany. It is distasteful.

ttrevett and nobody repped this.
  24. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have all the momentum and have had it for scores of years... guys know that when they go there they are going to win a ring in their 1st season.... therefore, all of the players want to go there and Bayern gets to pick and choose. It is a snowball effect. I can't really blame them... but I for sure as **** don't have to like them. That kind of dominance comes with arrogance and it is kind of hard for me to give props to a guy who just goes to a sure-fire winner.

ttrevett repped this.
  25. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Yeah, lots of team buy players they think will help them get better. Bayern is unique in buying players to make their opponents worse.

y-lee-coyote repped this.