Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think while Soccer is more mainstream than ever here in this county I think there is less of an obsession with finding the American Soccer superstar. And I think Pulisic's profile and the men's national team in general was really hurt by not being in the 2018 WC.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    the entire point is sustainability. they got incredibly lucky and if they don’t fix their defensive issues they probably won’t get that lucky again. it’s not just kepa.

3. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how am I just now seeing this?! Seems like Chelsea would have thrown this out a year ago.

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    was this photo taken in the early 90s?

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

You are welcome, my dude!

Point is numbers are numbers, so one can't say Chelski is not an EPL 4th place club, but based on 3-0 to Bayern and the GD and GA (and a few other data points), it's also pretty hard to argue they are a "strong" 4th place club...

EruditeHobo and ChicagoVT repped this.
  6. chrisdon72

chrisdon72 Member

Feb 23, 2000
    I've never been a Chelsea fan but juvenile trolling from "plastic" supporters of other clubs is making me one.

stanger and chad repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lol... All the foks want to @ me, but don't want to @ me...

Chelski will be happy to have you. And if you think I'm "trolling" Chelski, you haven't *aktually* read my posts. (And one of the most unattractive attributes of Chelski, certainly in the US, were the number of plastic supporters mass injection molded in 2000s...) But we digress.

gogorath repped this.
  8. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    truth be told spite liking is truly the most american way to find a club

9. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Eh, what would they actually sell to the mainstream, though? He's been fantastic in a way that soccer fans will appreciate, but to others his team finished fourth and one of CP's best goals came in a loss to the champions. Honestly I'm not even sure him starring in a Champions League final would explode as a mainstream sports story in the U.S.

10. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    This could be a proper test to see. I mean not much going on in sports here until a week or 2 ago.

12. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Sports Illustrated still makes a physical copy?

One of the weirdest dynamics of this thread is the number of Chelsea supporters who can't take anything even slightly negative posted against their club. Especially the ones who somehow find it from other places in Big Soccer.

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It made me laugh that I posted about GA, GD, 1st leg Bayern score, Kepa, defence, PK difference and LC's tanking to B'mouth and Arse and the issue is... "He wrote Chelski!!!!"

Like, "I'm a serious football fan, bruh."

I mean, if folks have substantive rebutals, have at 'em, but if that's what passes for Chelski analysis, gonna be a long injury break on the CP thread.

LouisianaViking07/09 and gogorath repped this.
  14. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually liked him and how he played. Probably my favorite Brasilian player.

zanderbz, ChicagoVT, Moishe and 3 others repped this.
  15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    #36940 dspence2311, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    After watching the team for the entire season, is the back line problem more of an organizational problem than an individual talent deficit problem? Each player sometimes plays well, and then has a bad game or disastrous moment. It’s almost as if they need both a talent infusion AND a back line coaching guru.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Willian is the smart type, likely to remain productive even after his legs start going.

nobody repped this.
  17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't luck into finishing top 4 in the Prem.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Frankly, beyond L'pool and City, none of the EPL teams has been looking as Top 10 material.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Perhaps not, but simply finishing 4th does not make you a "strong" EPL #4. When was the last time 66 pts and a +15 was good enough to get you 4th?
    When was the last time an EPL top 4 gave up 54 GA?
    I certainly am not arguing Chelski is a weak team relative to the full table, but I don't see how you argue they are a "strong" EPL #4 given their FA cup final loss to #8 Arse, their Bayern thrashing, their low points, high GA and low GD...

It's just not a compelling resume.

20. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    you are just str8t trollin now bro, please stop or go do that crap in US men. CFC actually over achieved which might end credence to your pointr, but you are doing such a piss poor job of making it while going out of your way to abrasive, and drop any and all trigger trpas you can that it appears to be a seroiusly lame ass trolling attempt.

I could give a ******** about CFC prior to CP, but I did admire and fear Lampard when my teams went against him as a player. I really am enjoying watching CP's career and have enjoyed watching him and Chelsea this year overachieve, and exceed pre-season expectations.

The other thing that bothers me about your shtick is the lack of class. They are giving our boy a platform to grow and become what we hope he might be and his fanbois (us) should be gracious guests of the clubs supporters. I mean their goals are currently aligned with ours and while there is no need to swear allegiance to Chelsea it really is poor form to go out of your way to denigrate the club, and by extension antagonize the clubs supporters whilst the lad is still there.

stay classy!

21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lol. "Abusive?" Because I'm posting numbers and stats?

Class? Lol.

Dude. Sober up. Post later.

22. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4th place team in the EPL would get thrashed by Bayern in almost every CL season.

23. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    You played against Lampard teams? Do tell.:)

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  24. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need a contest, who here has played with or against the best known player?

Might be fun...:)

25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Phrasing? TBC "my teams" as in team I was rooting for.