Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I feel for FdB. I think he's gotten a bit of a raw deal in all three of his past coaching gigs.

Given the success he had with Ajax, I'd still like to see what he could do with a club with more than a season and change at the helm.

FC Tallavana repped this.
  2. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Sancho about to make 250k pounds a week. Highest paid English in the EPL.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    If you wouldn't mind sending me his contact info, I'd like to interest him in donating to my favorite charity.

4. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Good points, but really there is no good time for a lengthy injury at this level. Plenty of guys ready to take your spot, or if the team goes on a run it just makes it harder to get back in.

5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is true he should fire his agent... It's United, if you're not utterly fleecing them you're not doing your job. Maguire's on 200k ffs.

Dirt McGirt and dspence2311 repped this.
  6. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you said “bad timing” not “bad” in general. Yes, obviously it sucks he got injured but the timing is perfect. The team won’t be “going on a run” during the off season.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    And Alexis was on 390k?

8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you are both correct

9. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just get his banking info, it's quicker...

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Are you Cereal?

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Sure he may have to rehab for 4 - 5 months (and obviously ripped up a bit in the process) but he gar stuck in! arghh!

12. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    My guess is that he already is fleecing them, both on the transfer fee and the salary. Sancho is a good player, but his stats are super inflated by scoring and setting up goals in blowout wins. He scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga, with most of the goals coming in blowout wins. In 6 of the 14 league games Sancho scored in, BvB scored at least 5 goals. In 8 of the 14 games BvB scored at least 4 goals. In 11 out of the 14 games they scored at least 3 goals. While you could argue that they blew teams out because of Sancho, the numbers indicate to me that it was more a case of Sancho padding stats against overmatched teams.

KenC, 60611, justinpaul10 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what he was on but it was a a lot I'm sure... I thought 275k? Can't remember.

Pogba I believe is also currently on 300k after pitching a fit for half the season, and DDG is on a whopping 350k.

14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing thing people care about wrt this, and the reason he's going to be a 9 figure (or near 9 figure) transfer, is has he demonstrated the ability to be considered one of the very best attackers in the world? The answer in terms of his skillset and his production is a resounding yes.

Maybe he'll struggle in the EPL, if/when he makes his move. Personally if I were going to bet on it, I wouldn't bet the farm.

15. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I don’t understand. Should I?

16. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Al Gore....on South Park?

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It kind of mentions in the article his finacial interest. I couldn't tell if you were being faux-naive facetious or not.

Seems this is his side-hustle.

18. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Ok.

19. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I meant run while he's trying to get back in the team. Missing preseason, and preseason with new teamates (and maybe some tactical changes to go along with those new players), plus needing to regain match fitness means he won't be playing at the start of the season to me. It's possible he'll have an uphill battle to get his starting spot back, but he's built great credit and he's always worked his way back, so I'm not too worried (except for maybe reading about how much Lampard hates him when he doesn't start the first month or so of the season).

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  20. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    He's super cereal.

21. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd better watch out for ManBearPig!

22. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s their best player so, no, I don’t think missing a match or two is going to effect him getting back into the lineup. At this point, Lampard thinking any differently would be wildly criminal.

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dude, it was quisp.

24. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Scuzzlebutt and his Patrick Duffy leg will save me.

25. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    "At this point"... yes, criminal. 6 weeks from now is another point. As is when he gets match fitness back. Getting his starting position back depends on how the starters do, early season goes, and confidence in pushing him. Again, I don't doubt he'll get there. Not sure it will be by game 3 or 4. I hope so though.