Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    It's a safe guess - if I had to guess I'd say the same, but I'm pretty sure they're all just guessing without more info. Nothing I read suggested anyone is ITK on this.

2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Yes, the central midfield and central defense just doesn’t seem close to the level of a top-tier team (Kante excepted). I hope they can find some stronger people for those positions, and maybe they are looking. But it certainly hasn’t made its way into the transfer buzz news.

3. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Can you elaborate?

4. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    #36757 KALM, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Sounds like he should be back just in time for the start of the season, albeit having missed out on most or all of preseason.

WheezingUSASupport and markandrew78 repped this.
  6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    It's good news, but also a bad time to get injured - missing out on preseason, new attakers coming in, additional time to regain match fitness... He may find trouble getting back into the starting lineup for a while, but he's always eventually done that whenever he's found himself sidelined.

7. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, or Michael Bradley

8. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, this is the best possible time. Would you rather him have gotten injured a month ago? Would you rather him get injured the first game of next season? This is the best case scenario for someone with this type of injury. No new signing will be settled by that time and CP has a hell of a lot of good will built up.

9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    This will enable us all to fight again over whether Frank undervalues him or man-manages him expertly. Now that we have been through the dress rehearsal, those arguments should be more efficient in September.

tomásbernal, Moishe, ShortyMac and 3 others repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed that this is pretty much best case scenario for the injury type and severity. But... you never want to miss time and CP continues to do so. As such, I am positive it is the main reason that Frank didn't start him for certain games... at least after he had that initial run of success. IMO, he was their best player for a giant chunk of the season but injuries just kept getting in the way. I see no reason why this would change moving forward... even with the new additions. CP is going to get his chances and I am betting that he cashes in when he does... he is just too talented; really beyond what I gave him credit for. But if he can't stay healthy then Frank is going to be forced to treat him with kids gloves... Give him extra time to get in shape... ride him for some stretches and then sit him when he invariable gets hurt again. I hope this isn't a serial for his career but CP has proven two things over the last two seasons:

1) He is an elite footballer when healthy.
    2) His wheels comes off after he plays a string of games.

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    or how about not playing 90 intense minutes every 3 days for 3 straight weeks? Go Ask Tom Brady about that. That asshole moves approximately 10 yards an entire game, gets hit maybe 5 times over 2 games, and his entire OLine gets a free pass on holding. But yea, TB12 and pliability.

12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    And yet we had to suffer through Frank De Boer...

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Brady's comment was functionally masturbation.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  14. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    They're gonna have a platoon of attacking wide players of Rashford, Sancho, and Greenwood. You have to stretch it pretty far to conclude that's a mistake. And if they add Jiminez, you can put Martial into that platoon.

That's Man City model. Relentless and Fresh.

15. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that he misses a lot of time though injury is accurate only in the last 12 months while at Chelsea. He did not miss but 2-3 games a year at Dortmund which is quite reasonable for someone who primarily attacks the other team and gets hacked down a lot because of his ability to get past defenders constantly. Admittedly, this season with the adductor injury at the beginning of 2020 and now the hammy, that’s concerning. But it could just be that this past year was the aberration and that generally he’s been healthy and restively durable. At least, that’s what I’ll hope for.

KenC repped this.
  16. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Lol. Agreed. I am no Brady fan. I just thought his tweet was being misunderstood.

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I'm a long suffering Bills fan (since the days of rookie Jim Kelly), so I'm fairly biased against all things Patriots - but I think even most Pats will tell you that Brady goes out of his way to promote his TB12 brand. Take anything he says about fitness and exercise with a massive grain of salt.

18. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Fair enough. I wasn’t aware of that business. But it also seems true that he did employ a CR7 kind of strict diet and flexibility regimen to prolong his career. so he might be monetizing some thing that also has some merit to it.

19. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    pithy

20. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    It's what I do

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  21. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He was fairly successful during his tenure and there is as much blame to go on the shoulders of Atlanta management and players as there is him for things going south. The South American contingent of players acted as though they were in charge of the team. Management hired a square peg for the round hole of talent they had. In my opinion, FDB came out of this situation looking better from an outsider's perspective than either the players or Atlanta United management.

22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    See my comment above about me being pithy

I probably should have refrained from commenting on FDB as I didn't have much knowledge of that situation, outside of looking at their talent and looking at their results.

FC Tallavana repped this.
  23. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I wasn't really replying to you so much as your post gave me an opening to post something that was on my mind.

appoo repped this.