Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    It's hulk

2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    never mind. I googled it. My son was close — de Souza

3. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    louisanaviking is that you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_(footballer)

LouisianaViking07/09 and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
  5. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    I know, dammit you beat me.

dspence2311 repped this.
  6. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

MLS got smarter and going for young South Americans now, instead of over the hill Europeans.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    I mean no disrespect, but posting on big soccer and you’re unaware of who hulk is. You have to be in the extreme minority here. Interesting.

tomásbernal and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
  10. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Yeah you can train for it but those guys are absolute genetic freaks of nature. I'm pretty sure a lot of guys stretch and take care of themselves and do not have a prayer of having the longevity of Tom Brady or Ronaldo. And even Ronaldo is not what he was, and he's not THAT old yet. Zlatan is out there still scoring like mad and he's pushing 40.

Edit nvm, I realize you are being sarcastic.

11. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I think he's trolling. He posts a lot of sarcastic stuff on here.

12. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    #36737 dspence2311, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    No, I actually didn’t know who he was. I am not trolling, though I do go for sarcastic humor at times. Been watching EPL since 2004, La Liga and Bundesliga for about 5 years (sporadically), and never watch Serie A. Sorry, not sorry that I asked about Hulk. It was a sincere question, just making conversation.

13. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    #36738 dspence2311, Aug 3, 2020
    jeepers, it wasn’t sarcasm. Those guys DO have a flexibility regimen that is intense. Jokovic’s regime has Influenced many other tennis players. I agree that genetics matters, but Brady’s tweet was a reference to a kind of training.

ETA: These articles are a bit rah-rah, but they describe the philosophy Brady was referring to. I offer them merely to support the idea that Brady’s tweet was substantive rather than just snide. I am not saying these are necessarily right, just that these elite athletes believe in it.

https://kingsports.net/better-way-part-1-ignoring-message-tom-brady-kevin-durant-novak-djokovic/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-f...e-workout-tom-brady-swears-by-is-insane.html/

14. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    #36739 hocbz, Aug 3, 2020
    I'm curious to see if Havertz sits out the europa league. Apparently he's been vocal about wanting to leave, but Leverkusen can still make the Champions league, which is not in his interests. Is it possible that Leverkusen can hold off until then? Seems like their leverage would increase. Not a huge fan of players not fulfilling their contractual obligations and he is still their player.

United blowing their budget on sancho could work or could backfire. Like Chelsea, they need depth all over the field and I don't think their attack is the biggest issue. I honestly think Chelsea has better options for squad rotation in the midfield than United does. Not the biggest Pogba fan though, to me he is in the mold of Ozil; a player that will enhance a team that is already elite and consistently dominating possession. That's not United. Quite frankly that's not any team in the PL bar City because that's just the way their roster is constructed.

theboogeyman repped this.
  15. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I think United spending a large sum on Sancho is a mistake. But of course I am often wrong than right. Lol

16. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Depends what their budget is. I have no idea but 120M seems like a LOT in this economy (I was hoping I would never have to say that phrase again after 2009 lmao). I figure next summer more clubs will be in for him so United is trying to lock him down now.

17. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce Banner.

18. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If the Sancho/Pulisic ratio stays the same in the EPL as it was in the Bundesliga then Sancho will immediately be one of the top ~5 players in the league and 120M will be a steal.

19. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I think his birth last name is “Smash”

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United have the pieces around for Pogba to do his thing... he is a luxury player in a sense but I think comparing him to Ozil is pretty harsh, Pogba is one of the most skilled CMs in the world, and he, Bruno, Sancho running things with a totally capable defense make them a shoo-in for 3rd best in the prem IMO. This is on paper right now assuming Sancho transfers... maybe injuries mess them up or maybe Chelsea punch above their weight, but I think even if Havertz goes through Chelsea might have some issues keeping goals out and getting countered on in the prem.

Rotational depth seems like something to strive for when your first 11 is already very talented and balanced... and that ain't Chelsea. They may shoot themselves into being good, no doubt... the attack right now sounds mouth-watering. But when you compare 36 goals against for United vs 54 for Chelsea, it says it all to me.

There are not a lot of positions in which I would take a Chelsea player over a United player in a combined 11... especially in the back 5.

theboogeyman and dspence2311 repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I will also suggest Brady may have some ownership stake in businesses that might profit from increased interest in these regiemes (whether effective or not.) Just a hunch.

22. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting tidbit Frank's last season at Derby they shipped 54 goals. I suppose it stands to reason that a midfielder who made his living making goals thinks the way to win is outscore the other guy. I like the aggressiveness but this game does not like raw aggression

They desperately need to replace Jorgi in the rotation, he needs to be shipped off to anywhere. He is a season or so away from reaching current MB90 levels of ineptitude. That said it is not all on him ,or even the players collectively. These players were not assembled to play "Frank's" style of football. I am not exactly sure what that looks like, but it will have to be more effective on defense if they hope to win trophies.

Frank does some stuff that is probably just young manager stuff, but it is tactically naive to allow your defense to be isolated against Auba. I mean who in the right mind wants to have their defenders involved in multiple foot races with Aubameyang? I don't have any coaching badges but I know my team will lose more often than not if I do that. A good coach should not put players in a situation where they have no chance of success.

The good news is there is plenty of room to improve with just a few adjustments in tactics. Upgrades in defensive personnel and a keeper to go with that would be massive.

dspence2311 repped this.
  23. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    Chelsea has plenty of solid players, what they need is a few studs. I just don’t think they are targeting the right positions, at least so far. A quality CB, RB, and keeper would drastically improve them, imo.

United, otoh, need to build depth as I think their starting XI is solid right now. They need better midfield depth though, and a quality dm.

I will say though that superstars are the ones who really make a difference between being good and winning trophies. If Havertz and Sancho end up being as good as many think, then locking them down now is the right play.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    IME, the Chelsea fans tend to hit it right. Some of them have supposed ITK status, too. We'll see. Six weeks out and 12 weeks for full recovery seem reasonable.

25. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    justinpaul10 repped this.