Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I think you would need to squeeze in c) did anyone (Kovacic, Kante) get hurt, then must replace - but otherwise you've got it about right.

2. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I don’t see Barkley as worthy of a starting spot on a CL squad. Other hand, I am impressed with the transition Mount has made from focusing on scoring to becoming a box to box midfielder.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Really?? Nothing about today and that marvelous goal? just a fantastic strike.

4. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP becoming a monster.

Gacm32 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    #34530 dark knight, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Deeneaus, wsmaugham, Pl@ymaker and 7 others repped this.
  7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what I love about this goal? His movement. You can see in in the last frame of the video. It will go unnoticed by many. Instead of taking that diagonal run to the opposite post, he stops, throws a defender off, and slides to his left 5-6 feet which opens himself up, so he can blast near post. It’s simple run. A run many don’t have the intelligence to make.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    8th league goal in his 21st match. Only Dempsey has scored more than 9 league goals in a season and he did it twice.

Deeneaus, Pl@ymaker, SteelyTom and 2 others repped this.
  9. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Has he always gone flying like Neymar every time he's touched or is that a new addition to his game.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who cares, he draws penalties at an insane rate

adi21, Deeneaus, wsmaugham and 2 others repped this.
  11. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "touched" is doing a lot of work in that sentence.

adi21, Deeneaus, DHC1 and 2 others repped this.
  12. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Four games left. They need to win the next two and hope Liverpool decides to take it easy.

Arsenal getting a win today against Leicester would also be helpful. Arsenal are far enough behind that I can’t see them as a threat to Chelsea making CL.

13. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP should be the highest rated player on the team this season.....he gets zero credit for all those pens hes given Willian....

adi21, wsmaugham, frankburgers and 3 others repped this.
  14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can CP not have more assists? Unreal... he had two or three more perfect passes in the box today and no one can put them away. This has been happening since the restart... at least one or two key passes a game and they never go in. No wonder he plays so direct... that goal he scored today was something I have been looking for for awhile. That shows me he has that quick/accurate strike in his bag... kid is so dangerous.

As far as my team as a whole?... more poor play from Kepa and the defenders. At least Zouma made up for it in the waning moments. It shouldn't have been close.

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guessing this is in the wrong thread?

ttrevett repped this.
  16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good second half for him, not great. Gave the ball away in the last 5ish minutes a little cheaply I bet for Lampard, but he looked gassed. He is trying sh!t, but he does tend to dribble too much into three defenders IMHO. Inordinately quick feet though in tight spaces and is really fun to watch when he receives the ball. I agree with the above poster that he should have more assists given the quality of some of his passes. I do hope he takes a note from the assist to Abraham from RLC. Beautiful little chip pass using the extra dimension of height on the through ball.
    I like the attacking force they had at the end there with RLC, Abraham, Mount, Willian and CP on the field. Very dangerous.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    8 goals/6 assists in 28 matches with like 4 or 5 MotM awards

18. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    on one hand pulisic shouldnt try and dribble past so many defenders at once, otoh hes not going to get an assist despite putting it on a platter for willian so might as well dribble

mace, wsmaugham, ttrevett and 3 others repped this.
  19. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yea he’s had some days in the past where he over does the dribbling. I hope those days are gone and he has a higher success rate.

His dribbles are a low risk/high reward so it’s worth it for him to give it a go several times a game.

Aside from the goal my favorite part was that pass to Willian. He used to miss seeing those before. Of course they pay off from attracting multiple defenders leaving someone else open. Unfortunate that it didn’t result in a goal.

ttrevett repped this.
  20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And each time he was very close to breaking thru.

Zinkoff, adi21, wsmaugham and 3 others repped this.
  21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    he def has to be in a running for young player of the year award

adi21 repped this.
  22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I like how Pulisic always is looking for Willian - these two can create some magic together
    [​IMG]

Zinkoff and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    At least until the Germans arrive.

24. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    Totally agree... I can really only remember 2 times this game where I thought he may have tried to dribble too much and then lost it. But he also had far more dangerous dribbles towards goal that did work. Can't be perfect. Have to try shit sometimes when the risk of a turnover hurting your team is super low.

Another very good game from Pulisic with a fantastic goal. Showing great power and accuracy with his off foot.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely in the running... I think guys like Trent and Rashford have a better claim, but considering recent form he's probably top 3 for me.
    There are others that have fallen off, Mount and Tammy among them.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.