Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to ferret through the news, but do people expect that the prem will finish the season prior to starting the next?

2. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the expectation was June 1st? Or did I hear that wrong

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52699654

"Premier League clubs hope to give their players the go-ahead to return to training in small groups this week.

But there is a growing feeling the intended 12 June date for matches to start again will need to be pushed back.

A vote is due to take place on training and medical protocols when the 20 top-flight clubs hold their next meeting on Monday.

If passed, players would be able to train in groups of five from Tuesday.

That would be on condition they observe social distancing rules and adhere to a series of strict criteria, which include getting changed at home and driving to training grounds on their own.

At least 14 of the 20 clubs must agree that safety protocols are sufficient for the plan to be approved."

4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    More details via the BBC https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52704450

"Surprise inspections, GPS tracking and video analysis are methods that could be used to ensure clubs adhere to new safety guidance as they prepare for the resumption of the Premier League.

Teams agreed to start non-contact training in small groups from Tuesday.

"Gradually, we aim to ramp that up so we can have an inspector at every training ground," said Richard Garlick, the league's director of football.

"That will enable us to give confidence the protocols are being complied with."

He added: "We are looking at bringing in our own independent audit inspection team that we'll scale up over the next few days which will give us the ability to have inspections at training grounds to start with on a no-notice basis."

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Is the English FA actually IAEA? An investigation:

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Right as Reyna! :thumbsup:

russ, freisland, Eighteen Alpha and 2 others repped this.
  8. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    DeCoverley, ShortyMac, russ and 6 others repped this.
  9. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
  10. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    That is really not a good look they have CHO back in training two days after he was arrested for alleged rape. Best case scenario he was a dumbass, worst case... welll...

11. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Playing in a game might be too much, but as of now he is accused, awaiting a hearing, and out on bail. Of course he should go to work. Do the English not have presumption of innocence?

12. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    But he is definitely guilty of breaking social isolation orders that can determine whether or not the league is even allowed to play games. His actions, at an absolute minimum, were so selfish that he should be forced to train alone.

13. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Broke social isolation orders? SO in England you cannot meet in groups of two? WTF does CHO wanting get laid have to do with the EPL reopening? If things are really that fragile they have zero business reopening. I dunno about England but in the US l those "orders" are really strong suggestions with no force of law behind them,

14. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He has already had the virus so it is unlikely that he can get it again right now and spread it to his teammates. But delivery sex at 4 am is a slap in the face to teammates who are facing the possibility of being away from their families for two months in order to finish out the season. So yeah, whether he broke any laws or not, he is a selfish, immature person and should not have been allowed to train with the rest of the guys.

russ and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CHO is out here meeting in ones-and-twos and getting arrested while CP was Zooming with Make-a-Wish and Chipotle. Breaking social protocol is all in the getting arrested part I think. The fact that he's rich enough to go about work as usual says more about us I suppose than him

16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #32866 y-lee-coyote, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    I take it you aren't single? I doubt seriously he was thinking about his team mates when he called for services. He is 20 single and rich. I would say selfish and immature applies to most twenty year old people. They will get millions for being away from their families so pardon me if I don't feel sympathy for them. He also looked to be plenty distant from his mates in the pic posted earlier. Plus like you said, he has had it and has the antibodies, so unless a person is contagious post covid then he ought to be one of the safer people to be around.

Unless you live alone, you really aren't in a position to be judging him. I have been single for thirty years, and it has never bothered me. I had ways of meeting my social needs outside the house. Now that is all gone and I have struggled for the first time ever with the solitude. I get it if a kid finds this all just too much.

Of all the players on the team he is the least likely to get you sick, unless the antibodies do not confer immunity. If that is the case then life as we knew it is done and millions upon millions are going to die.

Please note: my lack of concern about social distancing is a separate thing from the alleged rape. I mean it looks sketchy to me showing up at a guys house in lingerie in the wee hours. It paints a picture to me of intent. That does not give him the right to take her forcibly, but does not do much to support her allegations of forcible carnal knowledge. Without more facts it is impossible to know what really happened, but until he is found guilty, he should be presumed to be innocent.

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A hero?

smokarz and Winoman repped this.
  18. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32868 EruditeHobo, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Yeah, they’re making sure they understand the concept of consent and trying to raise them to respect women.

The cases of women making up things that didn’t happen are dwarfed by mountains of incidents in which men sexually assault women, by a factor of 20 or more. And this is just in regards to reported incidents. The sad fact is there is reason to believe if more sexual assault was reported, that number would be even smaller, as what the stigma of lying about sexual assault MOSTLY does is scare/shame some actual victims into not reporting at all.

But this is really neither here nor there, just noticed complaints about hijacking thread... sorry. Hopefully EPL is back soon! Safely.

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know two people who had COVID, weeks later tested negative, then got infected again.

20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interested to see your data on the factor of 20. Can you share?

21. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Testing negative does not mean the virus has been completely eliminated.

22. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    There are plenty of careers where you trade on your image/reputation as much as you do your ability to complete tasks. Professional athlete is one such career. Nobody is saying he should be suspended forever based upon an arrest. But more information needed to be provided before he returned to work. And yes, as fairly significant stakeholders, Chelsea fans should have been provided the information.

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was off the top of my head, having gone through this debate in the past... don’t think I fudged the numbers too much, as i specifically recall at least a few studies concluding that seemingly “false” claims of sexual assault (not even obvious lies, and definitely not obvious lies in which a perpetrator was actually named) were between 2-5%.

But maybe I misremembered? Either way I think the point stands that it is vastly smaller than reported sexual assault, let alone the estimates for unreported sexual assault which dwarf it even further.

24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm familiar with that study. I don't it is reliable to support the point you made. First, it is not limited to rape, but also includes things like unwanted attempted kissing. You would not expect a woman to make a legal claim about unwanted attempted kissing (i.e. a guy making a clumsy move), exponentially more common than rape or even serious sexual assault. So this inflates the denominator.

Second, it only relies on false claims that are proven to be false due to a retraction. As discussed, that necessarily underestimates the actual number of false claims, assuming you agree that some (if not most) of false rape claims do no involve a retraction. So this diminishes the numerator.

To be sure, I agree to a high degree of certainty that there are more cases of actual rape or serious sexual assault than false claims. But we should talk about the facts honestly without relying on misleading statistics. Otherwise you risk doing more damages than good to your cause.

kumuyc repped this.
  25. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    My last on this OT convo, we just disagree, and I am okay with that, I offered a counter to the concept of public execution without a trial.

Chelsea fans are not entitled to know about any non-public legal matters, or are they entitled to anything really other than a seat that matches the ticket, or to wear their gear in public. It's Roman's team and he will rightly do as he sees fit. There are also very likely some privacy issues that Chelsea are not at liberty to disclose.

FTR, I am not saying he is not guilty, I am saying he hasn't been proven to be guilty of anything other than being young dumb and full of cum as of yet. If it was rape, then by all means lock him up, but if it wasn't then hiring a prostitute if she was indeed a prostitute is allowed in England, nothing to see here.

FFS the Coach once swung his dick in public, and over here that would get you arrested and a picture in the post office as a sex offender.