Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Did he get a hip abductor injury? Because I can see why you hold back on those, not letting that heal properly will mess with your back and leg muscles

2. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    I saw CP in the stands in the Tottenham match right behind the bench.

striker repped this.
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    By now he must realize that his presence classes up the joint.

4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Djimi Traore played 900 minutes for a CL champion in their legendary championship season... I get it's CL, everyone gets excited, and also I suppose it's interesting historically or whatever, but I really don't think this says much about the players themselves. I'm also not sure why so many seem to bring this up all the time in the way they bring it up.

Pulisic, were he to consistently play for Chelsea -- or hell, even a Wolves or a Lazio or a Marseille or a Valencia -- and really produce, that would say a hell of a lot more than three dozen or so CL appearances.

onefineesq repped this.
  5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    wonder if Djimi has figured out what an offsides trap is yet

6. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Hey I never said it was a guaranteed marker of quality.

But playing deep into the Champions League is a pretty neat achievement, and one that's so far been quite rare for American players, so until it becomes much more commonplace, I will continue to make note of the small number of Americans who reach that milestone.

orcrist and EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    "Lozano signs for Phoenix Rising, states Drogba was his hero."

UniversalAdvice and DHC1 repped this.
  8. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Pulisic is officially out tomorrow. So, we are now going Into the 9th week of injury. Just imagine if he didn’t have the Burnley match... this year would’ve been an unmitigated disaster.

maybe he’ll be ready sometime in March. :(

9. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Not only is he out tomorrow, but based on Lampards remarks today, it doesn’t seem like he’s remotely close. Contradicting the report from that previous twitter account.

frankburgers repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was playing well for a bit longer than one game... but your point is well taken. I would argue that even with that hot streak this season is still bordering on disaster for him. How many injuries is this? How many weeks lost? And most importantly, how can Frank and the FO possibly rely on him to get it done week in and week out? CP is the biggest disappointment of the season for me based on his talent and inability to stay healthy. Big thumbs down at this point.

frankburgers repped this.
  11. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I’d love to hear about his injury from someone other than Frank

LouisianaViking07/09 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Then you've come to the right place - happy to oblige. I would say CP's injury has been frustrating, not only to me personally but also to many others here. CP himself has been muted, but I'm sure he feels the same way.

13. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I predicted six league goals for him and he almost had that before Christmas so no way I can say it’s close to disaster territory. The injury thing has me a tad more worried than last year though.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like who? And more importantly, why?

He's the manager. The club's first team doctor doesn't often attend press conferences.

striker repped this.
  15. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    His injury has been missing quite a bit of details, IMO.

What exactly is it?

How long was he expected to be out?

I thought they expected him to be back a few weeks ago?

What happened? Did he pick up additional injuries? Did he re-injured himself?

More questions than answers, unfortunately.

16. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Haven't you heard? Frank is conspiring with the team doctors to keep him off the field, and has been lying this entire time so he can start Ross Barkley.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  17. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    From theshedends:

"Pulisic has the same injury as Frank had, which was the worst injury in his footbal time (3 month out) f**k"

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I am aware of your level of trust in Frank and your belief that mine should be the same as yours. But it isn’t. Not interested in a rehash if all that.

19. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    not what I said, but your discomfort with my different view is noted and prayers sent

20. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine we'll have to wait for the inevitable exclusion from the USMNT roster for the March friendlies for Gregg to weigh in about what Pulisic's injury status will be then.

appwrangler repped this.
  21. crews46

crews46 Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what happens when you make your players train with game day intensity all the time in order to get minutes.

adi21 and TimB4Last repped this.
  22. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Because you know what his intensity is? Apparently Frank's practices are less intense than Sarri's... according to the types of anonymous sources this place runs with.

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32098 EruditeHobo, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    I don't have that much trust in Frank. I don't really think that has anything to do with it, frankly, so I'm not really sure what you mean... he's not my next-door neighbor, he's not my niece's boyfriend, he's the manager of a club I don't particularly like which happens to currently employ the most talented US player. I'm just curious what I, or is anyone here, is supposed to take from your post?

IMO you're often either cryptic, evasive, or sarcastic, so I'm really just trying to clearly understand where you're coming from.

That's the problem... what you've said suggests something without you owning it. So could you please clarify?

Exactly... what does he actually think? dspence seemingly not realizing that his phrasing & history suggests (or at least hints at) borderline conspiracy theory shit is an issue.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  24. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pul's career is over, so all you debbie downer forecasters of misfortune, deliverers of doom and gloom can leave. Frank f*ed him up on purpose because you know he hates Americans.

In truth I would prefer some of you stay here, at least the rest of YA is readable. although many of the same negative assholes are posting in some of those other threads now. It really makes this place not near as much fun.

Oh well I guess nothing lasts forever.

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you point me to a manager who has thoroughly addressed a player's injury situation in press conferences, and has included all this information in a very open, honest, and totally forthright manner?

This is CLASSIC BS myopia -- because everyone here is so concerned about CP, the microscopic dissemination of anything to do with his frustrating year for Chelsea begs all these very specific questions pertaining to his overall fitness and the ETA for his return.

A manager of a major football club does not deal in these numerous specifics with the media, almost ever, no matter who the player is. He's thinking about an entire squad, he is not laser-focused in providing all possible information to satisfy rabid CP/US fans who want thorough breakdowns and updates of CP's day-to-day.

You should see Klopp's player injury updates, players that are a hell of lot better, more expensive, more well-paid, and important to a club's success than Pulisic -- "yeah, he's moving around now / he's not running yet / he had a setback / he's not back for a long time", etc. It's vague af.