Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time I see this, I think Chelsea just signed a newfangled video card...

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I go back and forth... I don't think Chelsea's a great fit for him, TBH. My instinct is he gets frustrated there...

But I could also see him loving the slight-brighter and more constant spotlight...

It will be interesting, I think. He's really fun to watch when he is on his game, so I hope it works out, but won't be shocked if it doesn't.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    More like an AMD CPU (Ryzen...).

4. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    Werner on LFC only works if they figure Salah leaves, because you can't have two guys who are passing-allergic like they are leading the line.

taylor repped this.
  5. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lampard just said that CP will not play in Monday’s game and is still working his way back towards fitness.

WheezingUSASupport, ChicagoVT and Method repped this.
  6. Method

Method Member

United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Damn... Hope he's back for Tottenham next weekend otherwise he'll definitely miss the champions league game as well

7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's fine. There's no need to rush him back and risk another injury, because Chelsea has a gauntlet coming up through the March international break (with, fortunately, very little travel):

Feb. 17 - v. Manchester United
    Feb. 22 - v. Tottenham
    Feb. 25 - v. Bayern Munich
    Feb. 29 - at Bournemouth
    Mar. 3 - v. Liverpool (FA Cup)
    Mar. 8 - v. Everton
    Mar. 14 - at Aston Villa
    Mar. 18 - at Bayern Munich
    Mar. 21 - v. Manchester City (would potentially get bumped for an FA Cup quarterfinal)

Talk about a season-defining stretch.

8. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Young coaches always believe in their own wisdom, and undervalue experience. Early under-achievement, therefore, means that it must be a lack of talent. Experience is everything in coaching.

WheezingUSASupport and smokarz repped this.
  9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Yes.

This is where injuries and lack of bench depth could kill your season. It's a difference between finishing Top 4, versus somewhere in the middle of the table.

10. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must have missed when these became absolutes!

EruditeHobo repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I have heard of some of these clubs.

Chelsea had a slightly favorable schedule back in Oct/Nov (before the "fixture glut") this is a bit more challenging.

Be interesting to see if they can hold up.

12. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    London (AFP) - Moroccan international Hakim Ziyech became Chelsea manager Frank Lampard's first signing on Thursday when he joined the Londoners on a 40 million-euro ($43.4 million) deal from Dutch side Ajax.

13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I think, I've watched 'almost' every Chelsea games this season and 'almost' all games that CHO had played in.

I think he's quite over hyped mostly because he's a Chelsea youth. I won't be surprised if he fizzles out a few years from now, and no one even talk about him.

Does he have potentials? YES
    Does she show flashes? YES
    Is he worth having on the bench, and coming off as a sub? ABSOLUTELY

Is he a starting 11 on a Top 4/6 team? NO. He's at least a few years away from being a matured professional, and a consistent performer; if he eventually gets there.

Bayern did wasted a bit of money/years on that hot kid Sanchez. So no, they're not bullet proof in terms of purchasing young talents.

Editor In Chimp repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The point is to pressure CHO into developing his potential.

Ziyech is 26, at his absolute peak for the position he plays, so he has a one, at most two top-level years in him, if all goes according to plan.

But several North African players have flopped in England before.

15. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    #31740 striker, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Salah makes plenty of passes. He just does not make all the passes that you would like him to make, including a high profile one (to Mane).

EruditeHobo repped this.
  16. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

If he has lungs and legs like Robben and Willian, he can play well past his 30. So maybe 3/4 years out of it.

Assuming he's able to carry his success from the Erevidisie over to the EPL.

17. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Agreed.

If I am a betting man, I would bet he's most likely to take minutes away from CHO and Mount, instead of Pulisic.

18. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    It's hard to take minutes away from someone who is not available to play. (Duck!!!!)

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Pulisic will have a rather small window to prove he's good enough. I have a feeling Lampard is not much of a fan, he strikes me as the type who wants his guys, and to him, Puli is a man from the previous regime.

20. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Oh no. You’ll upset this thread by bringing facts

21. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it could very well work with support from the likes of Bobby, Naby, & the two fullbacks... but we'll have to see.

22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Klopp is glad to know that. So his early success was just luck?

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got 4 years left and he's 21, and in limited minutes he's gotten 9 goals and assists in 2 most important comps this season. I dunno, he's probably gonna be fine. If not, it's most likely going to be due some annoying injuries hampering him, as he's shown to be at the bare minimum a valuable player for them so far.

24. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    suyuytuy is on record as saying that Pulisic is likely going to be Fabian Johnson level player for a career.

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this true? What on earth is that based on?