Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems Ziyech could be as much competition for Mount as he would CP... but he does play often on the wing.

Don't know why he'd elect to join that mess... but United can keep trying to spend their way out of their horrorshow of a situation if they want. Seems to be going well so far.

What makes more sense to me is City sells Sane and brings him back... but who knows, we'll see what happens.
    Maybe no one wants to part with the 9 figures it would take, and he remains at BVB?

2. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I’m pretty sure he wants to join Chelsea. It’s jist a matter of whether the board opens the checkbook.

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but what is that based on? It's certainly possible... but should we believe it?

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Ziyech is going to sit CHO. I think everybody agrees he's going to be on the right.

5. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    He's a chelsea fan, london kid, has spoken poorly of ManCity, why would anyone want to join ManUnited (lol), is close with the young English NT contingent on the Chelsea team, spends all of his free time in London...

6. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Is he always lining up on the right for Ajax?

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Almost. Tadic on the left, Huntelaar in the middle and Zayich on the right.

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. So generally this is all pretty speculative.

I think it's really debatable if the modern version of Chelsea FC even have the appetite for this kind of transfer... but as you've suggested it makes sense on some level. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

9. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Yeah I think they should just get him and make do with the backline. Team's major problem is finishing chances.

10. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Depends how desperate Frank is to continue to field Mount. Ziyech should really be playing central IMO, at least until (and if) RLC comes back in form.

dspence2311 repped this.
  11. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
  12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are underselling CHO. That kid is, on his day, a very exciting player on the ball. Had he not been injured, he'd be playing for Bayern today, and they don't spend money carelessly (for the most part). It's a pretty good group of attacking players that Chelsea has right now with Ziyech coming in. It baffles me that they aren't going whole hog to fix their defense though. It's a lot easier to win a game 1-0 than 4-3.

13. crews46

crews46 Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates on this? Still looking like some playing time this weekend?

14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There hasn't been any "real" injury updates regarding him for a while. It is pretty hush-hush... every google search article says it has an update but repeats the same garbage from a couple of weeks ago. "He might be able to return for the Man U game". Seriously, Tyler Adams and CP just can't stay on the field.

15. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laughs in LFC...

16. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    grrr humph

EruditeHobo repped this.
  17. hocbz

hocbz Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Why would he go to LFC where he would have to fight for playing time, when he can walk into a starting spot with Chelsea? On top of the fact that he has expressed a desire to live in London? IF LFC, United, City and Chelsea are all offering approximately the same money (and who knows if they would) I do think he would pick Chelsea.

18. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young superstar players tend to switch clubs either for a massive raise or to win titles. So that's at least one reason why he might join the current Liverpool over the current Chelsea.

On top of that, a signing like Sancho could mean we see a lot more of the 4-2-3-1, which does suit Liverpool's current attacking personnel pretty well.

But again this is all silliness until there's a rock-solid source on this. Liverpool also heavily linked with Werner recently, and they certainly won't be buying both of them. So who knows.

russ repped this.
  19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Sancho and Werner? That's like 200M gone.

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Werner evidently has a Liverpool-specific release clause. So it's more like 150M.
    But again... both those things almost surely aren't happening.

21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Liverpool release clause?

Looks like his mind was already made.

22. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Just realize the ManU game is Monday.

Strange

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If they got Ziyech it's doubtful they'll get Sancho.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    apropos of nothing, but Ziyech often strikes me as what Clint would have turned into if he'd been raised in a slightly more audacious footie culture.

He even kinda looks like Demps if you're drunk enough...

Really fun player. The definition of "tries shit." Be interesting to see how he meshes with Lamps and Chelski. Doesn't strike me as the optimum rule-follower, but you don't last with ten Hag's Ajax too long without some discipline, so he must get plenty of freedom to do his thing.

25. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't quite explain why, but Ziyech strikes me as the type of player who's going to have a really difficult time adjusting to the Premier League. I don't think he's going to do a whole lot of good for Chelsea.