Reyna On the Bench to Stay?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by ManCityRules, Sep 22, 2003.

1. ManCityRules

ManCityRules New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    san francisco
    With Fowler, Bosvelt, etc. etc. it looks to me as if Claudio Reyna will be pulling a lot of Reserve Time or bench duties for City this year. McManamen is there to stay in mid-field and on the back row things seem pretty set. He did not get to go out even on the bench vs. Fulham.

What do you guys think?

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    That you need to lay off of those funny cigarettes they have there in San Francisco...

3. ManCityRules

ManCityRules New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    san francisco
    So

he will get his time in and the signing was not a waste? Okay whos going to sit? Jihai? Where is going to be playing? I jsut dont see it...

4. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    This should really be on the ManCity boards, to be honest.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    or the yanks abroad board... or the chicken little board... or the Y2K disaster board... or the premature ejac... oh never mind

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Isn't he still recovering from injury?

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes. The injured knee seems to be ready, so at this point it's a question of match fitness. Any Man City fan should know that he hasn't been able to play more than an hour of a reserve match without running out of gas yet.

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or trying to play/train his way into game shape.

Which isn't surprising, considering the type of injury that kept him out for much of last season.

Any word if he's part of the 16-man squad for City's UEFA Cup tie this week?

Regardless, he'll be in City's starting XI by the end of October. No prolonged reserve duty for Reyna...

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would have thought he will play, yes. City need a bit of grit in midfield. They have plenty of ball-carriers and prompters, they need an engine.

EDIT: City fan here tells me that Reyna didn't play in yesterday's reserve match against Newcastle. So that means he is either not fit yet for reserve level, or he is fully fit and being kept aside for UEFA Cup duty on Thursday.

10. Fusion City

Fusion City New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    Manchester,England
    He played the full 90 minutes last night,& looked usefull.He played some insisive passes & had a couple of attemts on goal. We've got a few similar style midfielders at City,but that's got to be good for competition.