reyes to be offered extension until 2010

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by wwnyc, Jul 2, 2005.

1. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4643761.stm

Arsenal are set to offer Spanish striker Jose Antonio Reyes a contract to keep him at the Gunners until 2010, according to the player's agent.
    Jesus Rodriguez de Moya dismissed speculation linking Reyes, 21, with a move back to Spain with Real Madrid.

Moya told the Daily Star: "Despite everything that has been said Arsenal are happy with Jose and have shown it with this offer.

"We've not talked about Real because we've never received an offer."

Reyes has proved a big hit at Highbury since his £10.5m capture from Seville in January 2004.

Speculation surrounding a return to Spain reached a height last February when he was caught out by a hoax telephone call from a Spanish radio station.

Reyes admitted to somebody impersonating Real Madrid director of football Emilio Butragueno that he wanted to play for Real.

Moya added: "Reyes will have the final word, but he is happy in London now."

2. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    I dont know when reyes' contract runs out....but i think this is a good idea if he signs again. This way if he doesnt improve or produce the way he should, we can at least get some of the money back that we spent on him. But I hope he stays and does well for us.

3. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    I think it is a good idea also, the guys got bags of potential.

4. Bungle

Bungle New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Los Mochis
    The Daily Star is the most reliable newspaper around, so I can see it happening :eek:

5. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
  6. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005
    reyes has potential sometime i forget he is still young and can learn alot.

7. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a very quick turn around from his being useless.

8. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005
    I have to admit i am willing to forget what he has done. i was looking at what reyes CAN achieve and what reyes HAS achieved and he hasn't unleashed his full potential this season so things can get better.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has had his pitfalls, but there have been flashes of brilliance. He needs to get settled and more comfortable and I think he can become a star player.

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Which is fine, but you should really think about how valued your comments to the board will be if you drastically change your position every 40 minutes.

Not trying to start a fight, just trying to help a newbie...