REYES & Atletico Madrid thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Bergkamp_4_ever, Aug 23, 2006.

1. carw2005

carw2005 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Herts, UK
    Robinho? I thought it was Baptista...?

2. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
  3. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Re: REYES is reportedly GONE to Atletico Madrid

he just needs to be shipped out. period. i don't care to whom. i can't think of a player who's diappointed more since i became an arsenal fan.

4. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson

Didn't take me long. Ashley Cole.

5. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You must spread...

I actually like JAR quite a bit. I think he does a lot of those little invisible things that contribute to our possession and build up, and his work rate has really improved as he's been here. I'm sorry he's unhappy, would hold no hard feelings if he left, but I have no problem with him staying.

Cashley, on the other hand... my preferred outcome to this whole saga is that he stays with the team, continues to be an absolute cvnt about things, and never puts the first team shirt on again. He can play reserve matches if he's willing, skip out on training and pay his fines, and his skills and career can go to hell. Then let him leave on a free, and he can see if he's still fit to play at the MLS level, even. Screw the money.

6. Wagner

Wagner New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Arlington, MA
    Re: Reyes to Madrid (the other one)?????

I think we read the same article..

http://www.fansfc.com/arsenalfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=156706

Anybody know how realiable is that website? I'm a big fan of robinho, dating back to 2002 and the brazilian championship with santos and I remember how he dominated that game...he's got a great future ahead of him but I just dont think real is the place for him...

7. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I don't buy it for a second. Calderon would not be able to walk the streets safe if he did that.

8. Postman is a Prophet

Aug 28, 2004

yeah- isn't Robinho like RM's entire future?

9. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson

Not with Capello there. It wouldn't surprise me to see Robinho move on after next season, he just doesn't fit that system. I'm suprised, I thought they would build around him.

10. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr

Why not? Robinho not a striker anymore? Ronaldo may be on his way out, and Raul and Horseface are both aging slowly. I doubt Cassano will be a clean striker.

There's gotta be a pretty good reason for Robinho not being RM's future...

I'd take him in a heartbeat though :D - Robinho over Baptista any day.

11. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Too bad Wenger didnt think so .. Even i would have loved to see Robinho here instead of Reyes.

12. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Wenger rated robinho - but I doubt that Real actually did offer him to us. Wouldn't that also have helped us bypass the clause that forces us to give a percentage of the money we get back to sevilla?

13. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, sending them a percentage of Robinho would just be gross.

14. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Reyes has apparently told a SPanish newspaper that he will never play in England again.

15. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    all this stuff is coming from Marca, come on, you all should know better than to trust this garbage. right after A.Madrid put in a bid, now Reyes says he will go there real or sevilla, give me a break. reyes is going no where.

16. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006

That doesnt mean he shouldnt be on the first flight back to his homeland. There HAS to be a certain truth to these articles, as I do not think he is anywhere near hurt, AW just doesnt want this tosser playing over people who actually like Arsenal. I am seriously sick of JAR, he can fck off, he is dead to me.

17. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I agree. Marca is crap. No one is meeting arsenal's asking price so I say just play him and get a muzzle for his agent :rolleyes:

Sept. 1 can't come soon enough.

18. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    reyes plays his ass off on the field for us, so i think i want him on the pitch.

19. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006

I dont. He is a cvnt, its been proven, he wants no part of the team that made him rich. He should go hang out with Ashely and have a good laugh about what utter bastards they were to their employers and manager and how they got paid for it. Reyes is a bastard, I'd rather play with 10 men than have that diving pea-brained son of a bitch play for us again.

20. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    obviously you believe EVERYTHING you read, cuz I doubt 3/4 of any of Reyes "quotes" are real.

21. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006

And the 1/4 that you actually believe should be damning enough for you to be judge, jury and executioner. He has no interest in staying in England, apparenty poor naive Jose thought the rest of the world all spoke spanish and looked like an exact replica of Spain. He should take lessons from Cesc, grow a set and try to learn English before he deems his time here a failure. I dont think I could name a more disapointing player in Arsenal history than Jose Antonio Reyes. I dont get it, we pay a ton for him, give him all the money in the world, stand behind him whenever he goes down quicker than Jenna Jameson and he still wants Madrid. He can go join the list of the other stunning sucesses that wanted to leave Arsenal as far as I am concerned.

22. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
  23. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    hey hey hey...now just a second here, no trash talk about Jenna Jameson :p

24. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    You guys are too funny. Nothing more humorous than seeing a group turn on one of its own. Not that I blame you. I'm surprised Wenger has let him stay this long.

Of course Reyes is going to have trouble no matter which Madrid (or whichever) club finally takes him. Even in Spain they still won't allow him to take his mommy onto the field with him.

25. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006

Reyes is one of our own, thats a good joke, where did you come up with that one you miserable trolling twat?