Revs vs. Rapids (Pregame)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by PiwoProsze, Sep 16, 2003.

1. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other hand, the hour by hour forecast doesn't expect any rain before midnight and Taylor Twellman is allegedly starting. :)

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weather as of 9:30 from weather.com.

Starting from 5:00 pm (almost tailgate time), we're pretty much looking at mid 60s and dropping into the low 60s over the course of the match. As of now though, the winds are only set to be at 13-15 mph during the match.

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I looked at the forecast for your area, and it's not supposed to rain until after the game. That's beautiful! Yes, I'm a United fan as i live here in the DC area, but i have to agree with you fans more than some of the other idiots on these threads. I agree 100% with what Eric Wynalda said about TT, and I would even throw Edson Buddles' name into that mix. Those 2 guys need to be put on the pitch for the USMNT, and that's the bottom line. I'm tired of hearing how great McBride and Donovan are (i love both of them as players), when neither of them puts up big scoring numbers for either their club or country. TT IS a better finisher than McBride at this stage of their careers, Donovan SHOULD be playing at the attacking midfield position playing behind the 2 strikers. We need to stop thinking with emotion and see the reality in what Wynalda said.

4. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    taylor twellman is arguably the most 'complete' forward in this country right now...moreover, his will, determination, and hunger are unmatched by most...might i add, someone like him is real captain material on your team...that all said, i'm pullin for some c-rapids tonight

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm predicting a free kick goal. Don't know by who, but one will be done tonight. Its hard to pass up one with this wind.

Revs 2
    Cancela (free kick)
    Twellman from Cancela

Rapids 1
    Spencer from Chung

6. Fred Woods

Fred Woods New Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Well, they make the Krafts look like cheapskates who really don't care about soccer, so maybe there's some good in them.

7. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    I agree with this 100%.

Buddle is exciting, and TnT has that special 'something' that's crucial to those fleeting moments when his amazing finishing talent can shine.

He's exactly what will prople the Nats into top level respectability around the world. And, of course, Donovan will be feeding the success... from the midfield.

8. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game Time. Talk to y'alls on the flip side of Twellman's second hat trick as a Rev player.

:D

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohhh please let Twellman play. Overrated he is!!! I look at him as the Jason Kreis of New England. The fact that Wynalda made comments like that makes me laugh. Better than Donovan? LOL!!! One would have to ask why we didn't see Twellman in the world cup if he is so good or a better finisher. If he does wear the brace on the wrist or hand, whatever, then the guy is more of a head case than I thought beforehand.

The blind faith the Rev's fans place in this guy is remarkable. It's exactly like reading about Ruiz from the Galaxy fans.

I think Ralston is by far a more dangerous player than Twellman.

The Rapids will win this match, and still have a lot to play for. The fact that they have lost the east coast matches doesn't amount to much. They were so unlucky against DC United here last month and DC had some luck.

10. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, thats the biggest load of crap I have ever heard of. Open your eyes. Most dangerous forward in the League is Twellman, ask any MLS coach.

11. Rev79

Rev79 New Member

Aug 17, 1999
    I love when people talk out of their backsides...

Hey chief, if you're going to talk about Wynalda's comments/Taylor's ability/anything soccer-related, please make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about before you go flapping your jaws.

Thank you. :)

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed penalty kick, how many minutes with the US National Team and how many goals does he have? He sucks, ala David Regis. People take the blinders off, wake up and smell the Charles River.

13. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Stick Twellman on any team in the league and he'll be starting. It was his first game back from injury, and he still looked more dangerous than any of the Crapids. I think your prediction of a Rapids win was probably more accurate than your assesment of Twellman.

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Twellmann would start in any team in a rec league. I don't care whether he is 100 percent healthy or just coming back from an injury. The guy is like David Regis in regards to talent, overrated. Here's hoping he never wears the US National Team jersey again, but a Rev's jersey is fine with me for as long as he wants too and as long as the fans feel he is so good.

I'm just not impressed at all, at any level with Taylor.

15. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't feed the trolls people...

16. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sense jealousy.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not jealousy, it's a sick feeling I get in my stomach when I have to read about how wonderful every teams fair haired boy is on striking the ball. See Ruiz with LA and Twellman with New England. I can accept if a player is good, but both of these chuckleheads blow.

Don't feed the trolls people.