Revs vs. Goons 11/6 - prematch

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Jon Martin, Nov 1, 2004.

1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matt Reis is listed probable in Injury report; what's the status?

REVOLUTION - OUT: GK Adin Brown (concussion); DF Carlos Llamosa (L knee sprain); FW Joe-Max Moore (R knee sprain); GK Kyle Singer (R shoulder sprain); DF Joe Franchino (R hip strain); DF Steve Howey (R quad strain); PROBABLE:GK Matt Reis (laceration over eye)

2. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA

Isn't Fugazi still kicking? They rule. (I know, I know... they evolved from Minor Threat...)

On topic:

REF: Terry Vaughn

Personally, I never paid too much attention to the refs in the past and their 'history' with the Revs. Cuz it all looks bleak. But how is T.Vaughn typically done w/Revs games?

Kevin D.

3. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna go with "most likely playing," considering this morning's Glob article had him joking about picking up a cool scar as a memento from last week's match and suggesting it be listed as 16 stitches (instead of three) because it sounded tougher.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This year as far as I can tell, just one game.

August 28, home vs DC ... 0-0. 1 Yellow (DC)

5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    once again your wit belies your intelligence

this is a situation of he's an SOB, but he's our SOB

and i'm sure you've hated DCU long before we picked him up

i'd be pissed off too if a team came and won two championships in my stadium... and then when the home team had the same chance against the same team, well we all know the result

6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

He has reffed three fo ours, so far. And really he is in my opinion a very harsh ref. And harsh in the MLS way. Meaning he coudln't pass an eye exam and couldn't stay in shape enough to actually keep up with the play so he slags off and just assumes soemthing has ro has nto taken place from 30 yards away. This could be bad for both of our teams as it is surely going to be a heavily contested battle o both sides.

8. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kovalenko 2G, 10A
    Nelson 2G, 0A

Gros 1G, 4A
    Hendrickson 0G, 0A

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Not only are we playing for a spot in MLS Cup 2004, we're also playing for a spot in the 2005 CONCACAF Champions Cup.

10. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I don't know what people have said about this match. However, one key to this match is roughing up Gomez. He can't handle it. He was a non-factor in both Metros games because the Metros hit him really hard. I think NE has to do the same. The main question though is how John and Pierce play. They are the key, as long as they adequately, and NE plays a very physical and robust match, I think you guys have a chance. DC is a completely different team without Nelsen and Dema. Both players are very good on the ball, and are not afraid of using their bodies.

11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Gomez was not a factor (especiall in the second game) b/c he was sick.

the Metro could not rough up a ten year old girl

12. idiot wind

idiot wind Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Nicol will consider that a negative..........we wouldn't want any 2005 competitive games unti Sept.

13. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Did you know that the champion of CONCACAF Champions Cup will earn the right to play in World Club Cup in December 2005? Revs will be hot by then!

So if do we qualify, here's the plan:
    1. Early in the season, forget about MLS and concentrate on winning the Champions Cup.

2.The facts that 8 of 12 clubs make to the playoffs and Revs are always hot at Sept to Nov pretty much grantee that the Revs will qualify to MLS Playoffs in 2005. We will have another end-of-the-season playoffs run!

3. Then, upset the world in December by leaving a good result in WCC!

It's still a long way, but it's not impossible. To be honest, if CONCACAF hasn't changed the format, we are only 4 wins away from winning the berth to WCC.

14. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I'm gearing my energy towards tomorrow night so I didn't come here to run smack but just wanted to say to those Revs fans coming down, props to you for supporting your team. Be loud and proud. Let's have fans from both teams screaming, chanting and singing and making a statement about passion tomorrow night. I want the Washington Post, Boston Globe, ESPN, MLS Wrap, USA Today, etc to be commenting on how great the atmosphere is.

This is going to be an absolutely great evening.

Bill

15. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We always forget about MLS in the early season. But we never focus on other competitions going on at the same time (c.f. Open Cup).

16. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, whoever is going down make sure everyone in the stadium know you are there. Unfortuneatly I wont be able to make it(im a college student with absolutely no money, else i would be there), but i just want to say stay safe and bring back the Eastern Conference Title.

17. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How dare you call any of us sober?

18. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the wizards will be waiting for us at the Home Dept Center!

19. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, great night for us. Nothing like kicking the crap out of the Galaxy and then going to play in THEIR place for the Cup. :D

Honestly, if you guys beat DC, I'm more scared of the Boston mojo this year than anything else. The Patriots win their 2nd Super Bowl in 3 years, the Red Sox win the World Series... the apocalypse must be nigh and having an MLS Cup champion with a losing record in the regular season would be about par for the course.

(Sorry for mixing and matching too many metaphors there.)

Good luck against Adunited!

20. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, Revs! I'm pulling mightily for you in this one. You can do it!

21. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

all this trolling aside, i'm sure no one here will be sober this pm

safe travelling to all of you who hit the road and see you at RFK tonight

22. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I am not aware of any altercation that escalated beyond vocal taunting since I started going to games in 97...
    Your ears and hearts will take a pounding..but your bodies wont...bring it on

Vamos United
    Muerte O Gloria
    4 STARS

23. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Mike,

Enough's been said in a number of threads of the incidents from earlier in the season, ones which involved assults on both persons and property. The matter has been brought to the attention of United management, as well as other parties, and perhaps has resulted in some RFK security and polciing changes that the Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava have welcomed. That being said, it only takes a "few bad apples to spoil the bunch," and there seem to be a few United fans who want to pound more than just the ears and hearts of travelling supporters. That being the case, Revolution fans will be alert to any potential problems this evening (should they crop up), will try to avoid them, but will most certainly document whatever takes place.

The Magpie

24. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    0 Dema + 0 Nelson = No MLS Cup final for DC Utd.

Revos vs. Wiz in the 2004 MLS Cup final, as hard as that is to imagine.

25. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the Overdraught will be showing the game tonight?