Revs - United [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Bill Duggan, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    I dont get the WB and the game is not on any radio signal (as far as I know) so if anyone gets the lineups please pass them on.

2. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    if anyone's watching it, help us out in the chat room please

3. Andy_E

Andy_E Member

Jun 18, 2002
    DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Up 2-0 in the 75th minute. A brace by Twellman (63, 75). We're not dead yet.

4. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    Revs 3-0 United
    Twellman
    Twellman
    Twellman

5. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    He's so money and he doesn't even know it.

6. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    once again, our cable provider did not have the mls shootout package this week. it would have been swell to see the revs win. those three goals have taken taylor up again amongst the scoring leaders, past Ruiz. COOL!

...ciao!

7. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Well played, with some physically oriented play interspersed throughout. We were lucky that DC couldn't put through the last passes to gain a couple goals.

SIGN TWELLMAN.

8. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Congrats, you won....

We'll see if we can knock the scum out for you. but with our "outstanding offensive output this season"
    you might want to do some praying as well

9. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    It occurs to me; were they feeding Twellman because they knew he was three goals behind Ruiz? I wasn't able to see the game.

10. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    And the good news just keeps on coming in...

LA beats the Chicagoons 2 -1 (although Ruiz, that damn prima donna, gets 2 ;))

Cowlumbus is down 2 - 0 to San Jose at the half.

Looks like another week (minimum) of fingernail biting. But hey, it's cool to be contenders for a couple-o-weeks.

If the Revs somehow beat out the Fire for the last playoff spot, I swear I'll quit drinking and get religion.

Good luck DC against the Mutts. United looked fine until the first goal, when the DC midfield (not the defense) seemed to start considering their October vacation plans instead of playing (thanks for the memories Etch).

11. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twellman trick...

I just got back from the game and I definitely got the impression that the team was trying to give Twellman everything he could take to get him a few more goals in the race to scoring leader.

12. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Oooops. Child-like optimism got the best of me.

Make that 2 - 1 SJ over Col, and it's only the 34th minute.

Sure would be nice if the Quacks can hold on...

13. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    darn it! ruiz is a party pooper...

...ciao!

14. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    I bet Rodan was using the LiveScore.com thing. That is always like ten minutes fast.
    Damn Ruiz scored twice, but that helped us out greatly, C'MON UNITED!!!!!!!!!

15. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    you bet!

...ciao!

16. 103FAN

103FAN New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    game

Yet again, Twellman took a beating and did any of you see what we were seeing? The poor bugger was totally cooked and kept motioning over to the bench to come out (at least that's what it looked like) and they didn't sub him out! He was walking the field looking totally gassed and then comes goal number three! And who came running up to congratulate him in the corner? Wolde Harris. Nice touch, because I'm sure he was disappointed not to have scored any goals tonight.

Pay Twellman whatever he wants. We brought a bunch of my son's teammates tonight and the Revs gave us our money's worth.

Interesting that Peirce started as a midfeilder but then moved himself [???] back to defense. He made some very important plays back there. Just wish he'd stop smoking at public functions in front of my kids so that we could really admire him.

Aidan lived up to his "shut 'em down Brown" sign tonight, even if he didn't have as much pressure as the last game. Jeurgen isn't going to see the inside of that net again unless something catastrophic happens.

Fun game...reminds us why we bought season tics in the first place.

17. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Give Nicol a new contract Monday. He's earned it.

18. goyette82

goyette82 Member

Jan 16, 2000
    Lowell, Ma
    He doesn;t desrve anything. He still makes horrible player moves. If we can't find a better coach we can keep him, but I would rather have Stapleton back. Nicol needs to go. Twellman is god!

19. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
  20. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    good luck charm

Kamler must be Nicol's good luck charm. He comes in plays like shite and the REVs score. How many games now? Three?

I was really worried when he came in because in five or ten minutes DC had at least three good chances from the left, all fault of Kamler. Also because Griffiths was gone the right side advanced and Franchino started to have his usual problems.

TnT settled the matter nicely and I get 5 points in RevGuess...

21. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Whew.

Quakes pull it out 4 - 3 for the victory over the Crew in extra time.

The Crew made it very interesting apparently and have been playing very well down the stretch. I wouldn't plan on catching them. Hopefully they can take two from the Fire, earn themselves the #2 seed, and make life a lot easier for the Revs (and their fans).

22. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    we only own the tie breaker v. columbus.. lets hope that the crew loss two to chicago!!! that way we only need to win one of our last two

23. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    taylor should be the player of the week!

...ciao!

24. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    Yes, Nicol does appear to have done what is needed to keep his Job for next year. But with the new craziness in the offices, who knows.
    Twellman is my pick for POTW, lets hope the writers agree on that.

It sucks for Twellman now that the new MLS tradition is to foul Twellman instead of playing him. Too bad.

EVERYONE GET YUR TIKS TO THE MUTTS GAME!!

25. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    I don't know that Kamler plays like shite. He made a nice touch onto Ralston on the first goal, drew a free kick in a dangerous spot moments later, backtracked to clear away a D.C. chance, then played the through ball to Twellman for the second goal. It was a fairly productive evening for the guy.

In the last two home games, Griffiths may have gotten an early hook, but he's also failed to connect on any of his passes in the final third, he has developed some Sunsing/Welton tendencies to dribble until dispossessed, and he's no help on defense. Can't really blame Nicol for making that sub.

In other news, Rusty said it would be "extremely hopeful" for him to return at any point this season after reinjuring that groin. He's done.