Revs Roster Thread, 2019 Season

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Yup. At one point Kraft owned the old stadium and Karp owned the racetrack. Kraft bought Karp's property, creating room to build the new stadium.

2. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today this question came to me: "Is it sad that the burning days of Revs fans being torn between warring camps of the NNN and the KAD seem to have passed into History? Should we mourn the end of an era?" ;)

..................................... I hope SoccerDoc is in some elysian field, gazing on the scene, and shouting to us: "Heck, No!"

RevsLiverpool and Crooked repped this.
  3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    We are all KADsians now.

CynicRev, pwykes, RevsLiverpool and 2 others repped this.
  4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As one of the loudest NNNs, all I can say is pass me the Kool-Aid, I'm thirsty!

5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    See. I always knew there was reason for optimism. :p

A Casual Fan and asctester repped this.
  6. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Agreed, I just turned 30 a couple weeks ago and I don't even know who Tuna is, but this is exactly how I feel. I almost can't remember a time that they weren't a dominant team.

Drew Bledsoe retired when I was like 10.

Yes it's better than being the Cleveland Browns, but I almost feel like... whats the point of even watching? They're gonna steamroll thru the regular season, 2 losses is a bad year, and then they're probably gonna win the super bowl. I've never really been able to have any interest for it watching how the Revs have been run in the same time frame.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why people in other cities hate us! All my St. Louis work colleagues either hated the Rams for leaving or they hated us more for beating them (and mostly everyone else) over the years. Mostly both. For them, the last Superbowl was one of those things where you hate both teams so much you want a meteor to land on both of them!

But they got all kinds of payback with the Blues, so I guess we can't complain too much. I mean, they had never won it before, so I suppose every dog deserves to have its day. Never mind that their dog had all kinds of fleas! And yeah, I had to buy a Blues "Stanley Cup Champs" T-shirt, put it on and take a selfie in front of the Minuteman statue in Lexington. At least I didn't go for a 3-mile run afterwards, before sending the shirt off to my colleague...

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I'm sure a bunch of us remember when the Pats were one of those laughingstock franchises and, even when we had good teams, we'd find a way to mess up (or get screwed by Ben Driess). This is a rare moment of pure excellence and dominance - I want it to go on as long as possible.

A Casual Fan repped this.
  9. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn’t mind Brady retiring and Belichick getting to work replacing him. Better that than having to replace both at the same time - Bledsoe-Carroll wasn’t an era I fondly remember (though it beats the pre-Kraft era for sure).

10. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And don’t get me started on Carroll letting Curtis Martin go to the Jets. Unforgivable!

Feldspar repped this.
  11. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Any rumors on the signing front? I heard something about a Goalkeeper that was supposedly signing for us from the USL via, assuming as trade bait? And then no one said anything.

12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    We still need a left wing.

13. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d take a dmid, defender of any flavor, or a striker. (Bou seems like he could complement an out and out poacher up front.)

14. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CB or DM is the biggest need for this team

A Casual Fan repped this.
  15. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #366 Cannons, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    I wonder if Arena well notice he's gone? :rolleyes: Can hear him saying "wheres the kid"?

I really wish Arena would do something to help this kid develop rather than get splinters in his a$$ riding the bench. He might prove useful but not if he never gets a chance.

pwykes repped this.
  17. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Agreed...though not drinking the Kool-Aid, just willing to enjoy the results as they come in. No longer a NNN, but I too can see the improvement that has been made and sustained now for 10 games.

18. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should've dropped it in some clam chowda ..oops

19. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rennicks should be loaned to Hartford. Hes a talented kid and will get USL minutes.

20. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Hartford season ticket holder I agree!

TOAzer repped this.
  21. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should run away to Europe. Spend a couple of years somewhere like the Dutch league and put himself in the NT picture. Most of his U-20 WC teammates have fled.

pwykes repped this.
  22. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I'm inclined to disagree with you, just because of how I perceive USSF to be running things. Look at a guy like Novakovich, who scored 10 eredivisie goals and has smooth feet, but couldnt even make the gold cup 40 man roster.

23. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rennicks would thrive in The Netherlands or even Denmark or Norway. I could see that happening.

24. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Depends on the level and the club's aspirations. The Dutch and Danish leagues tend to play really fast, and Rennicks just doesnt have the pace to keep up with the attackers he'd be competing with. Sweden or Norway are lower levels of play, but he might fit much better there

25. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Norway? That's at best a lateral move.