Revs release Cassio

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by goyette82, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I'll end this discussion on these boards with this post ... (I promise Doc).

Well if they were missing a few starters out due to injury ... wouldn't that mean they weren't playing their A team? Also, as much as I love Ralston's play ... neither he nor Pope will be starters on the US A team come Cup time. As much as I'd like to see it, I actually think Ralston will be very close to the edge of even making the US team and could just be playing for the Revs during the Cup (hey ... Rev content!).

Oh I'm sorry ... if the US wins (or there are upsets) ... it's a fluke. Apparently the things I saw live in Korea didn't really happen because they were a fluke.

How will you define success? Quarters? Past the First round? Finals?

2. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    We just happened to have lost 2-1, while having nearly twice the shots, not a blow-out by any means.

Now lets see our starting line-up:18-Kasey Keller (Capt.); 2-Steve Cherundolo, 23-Eddie Pope, 12-Cory Gibbs, 21-Greg Vanney; 14-Steve Ralston, 2 5-Kerry Zavagnin, 2-Clint Dempsey; 10-Landon Donovan; 16-Josh Wolff, 20-Brian McBride

Once again lets get rid of those who aren't regular starters
    18-Kasey Keller (Capt.); 2-Steve Cherundolo, 12-Cory Gibbs, 10-Landon Donovan; 20-Brian McBride
    Hm, that leaves 5, and even Gibbs is a stretch, as he hasn't proven to be a regular starter yet.
    Did you see his end of season form? When he starts he scores and he seems to have earned a starting spot at Fulham. How can you make this arguement??

Now back on topic....

3. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...which was fine and all, but does not change the fact that he is spending the summer healing a shoulder injury, and that is why Keller is getting the nod ahead of him. It's not unlike the complaints about Twellman not getting the nod for the Gold Cup: They'd make much more sense if we didn't know he's been hurt.

4. Who are you kidding? If you are wrong a year from now you'll kill your current BigSoccer handle and create a new one. :)

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL :D

Has Steven Gerrard signed his contract yet??? :p

6. Rev's Irish Rose

Rev's Irish Rose New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Somerville, MA.
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He will on Friday with L'pool for 100,000 sterling PER WEEK!!!!!!

7. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody remember Cassio?

Seems this thread has outlived it usefulness.