Revs-Quakes POST [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Revs-West, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Crap. We were "unlucky". By unlucky I mean snakebit. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the ref was.....uneven. I have no fear that if we meet again in the final, the reslut will be different. MOTM for me was Leonard. Yeah, I said it, Marshall freakin Loenard. Great display of heart AND skill tonight. more later...I think a kid is bleeding downstairs.

2. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Leonard is the weak link. He should be on the bench. His offensive skills are nil.

3. SoccerKnight

SoccerKnight New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    I supposed you think that Smith is better. I agree with Revs-West. Leonard was all over the field again this week, made good passes, and played with heart.

4. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Marlborough, MA, USA
    Were you referring to the referee crew?

Leonard is at best a USL defender. How many times did he get the ball, and fail to get a cross in? He just does not have what it takes to succeed at this level. ditto Khano Smith

There was an article in the globe recently about a Jockey that bet on every horse in a race, except his own (the favorite). His horse finished fourth. He was suspended for a year and fined. Makes you wonder how much money this referee had riding on this game.

Other than not putting the ball in the net, I'm not sure what went wrong this game. I'd have to look at the replay, and I'm in no mood to do that.

Anyone know why Noonan was pulled just after the break?

5. shortee

shortee Member

Jun 7, 2002
    East Bay
    On the TV broadcast they said it was a calf injury.

6. SoccerKnight

SoccerKnight New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Anyone know why Noonan was pulled just after the break?[/QUOTE]

Calf injury

7. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Just got home from the game.

Going to wait 12 hours for a cooling off period. But then there will be ranting and raving and frothing at the mouth.

8. hootie

hootie New Member

Feb 18, 2005

9. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think today we found out how dependent on Noonan Twellman really is. Sure, we've seen him play entire games without Noonan when Pat has been with the nats and Taylor hasn't. But I can't recall any game in which Noonan was pulled. We saw a "before" and "after" Twellman tonight. It seemed like he was an entirely different player without Noonan on the field. He wasn't running into space the way he does when Noonan is on the field.

I do agree with JohnnyRev that Leonard is the weak link. Every time he has the ball he drives up the line (kinda reminds me of Ritchie Baker), cut to his left, and then tries to cross the ball. Tonight he was eaten alive by the wing defender and could not get crosses in. I actually think having Riley in and Ralston on Leonard's side would better.

Dempsey has GOT to get tactically smarter. It's frustrating because we all know what he can do since he did during the beginning of the season. He's working just as hard, I'll give him that, but teams have figured out a way to shut him down and make him ineffective. He's got to find another way to be effective.

However, when all is said done, San Jose just played better (even though I'd like to hurt Moreno)

10. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. to hell with the ref. Dempsey wake the ******** up!! On to other things...

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

Champ Kind: : It jumped up a notch!

Ron Burgundy: : It did, didn't it?

Brick Tamland: : Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!

Ron Burgundy: : I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: : Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

Ron Burgundy: : Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

I wasn't going to post, and I told others not to about it but...******** the idiots who started ******** in The Fort. If you're going to start it you better be able to take it. Don't put your hands on anybody unless you're ready to go!!! You've gotta love 19 year olds who think they're invincible. They pushed a few of us, and a beer was thrown their way by someone,too ********ing bad!!! Oh yeah, that was me! ******** them!!! Yeah, I shouldn't have, but once one of those ********ers layed a hand on me I lost it. It wouldn't have been anything but shouting until one of those ********ers began ********ing pushing people!! These ********ing **************s started it and got what they were asking for!

11. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Marlborough, MA, USA
    Huh? Guess I missed it. I was too busy trying to see the game after a no brained security guard got in my face (but that's redundant).

12. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i dont think reis appreciated my question of whether or not he liked san jose' new yellow jerseys

13. Soc4Us

Soc4Us Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Dunstable, MA
    Single worst performance by a referee this year - and yes, it was so bad I was thinking he must be getting something for that travesty.

How the F*&) can he continually warn SJ for tough fouls and then just about jump out of his skin trying to get the card out of his pocket if a Rev player did something.

The SOB just took the air out of that game. A**h$%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khano Smith nor Marshall did much tonight. Marshall had a lot of room to operate, but didn't come close to breaking down a defender.

Smith totally let up on the 2nd goal. He initially made a pretty good effort to stop the ball, but when that failed, he jogged after the ball. (Franchino did the exact opposite, busting his butt to try to recover.).

SJ probably showed the best way to beat the Revs; power/strength on both offense and defense. have to hand it to them, the backline was solid.

Hope that is the last match that SOB ever sees, let alone referees at the MLS level.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Pretty simple analysis here, because when you get right down to it, the Revolution (with a bit of help from Ricardo Salazar) gave this game away. The Earthquakes were outplayed for most this match, but it was effectively over when Noonan left with an injury, and Twellman was left by himself trying to do everything up top, without any measure of appreciable support from his teammates.

Where the Hell were they tonight? Will the real New England Revolution please stand up?

New England gifted San Jose two easy goals, who then said "thank you very much," then tipping their hats to Salazar, and started looking for a place in their trophy cabinet where the Supporters' Shield will most certainly be placed.

What a disappointment.

The Magpie

15. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the ;) ??? Cause you must be kidding! Marshall was horrible tonight, the few crosses he got off were weak, his defensive skills consisted of jumping on the backs of the Quakes players and that didn't even work....not only was he not MOTM he should have been taken out at the half....not to the bench but to Rt 1 and shot like a wounded horse! If we're content to see inconsistant shoddy play we may as well play Riley and get him some experience...I hope top see Lochhead out on the left shortly....It can't be worse than Marshall :rolleyes:

BTW, what was the story with the green jacket taking his "job" way too seriously toward the end of the game??? He seemed to take major offense at the sparse use of the f word...trying to get a few guys booted.....

I don't think the Fort sounded too good tonight...maybe it was the 12 HS kids in front of me in the first couple rows that didn't participate at all...it made the left hand side of the Fort sound dead....

16. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yknow as soon as i got to the game i figured it was going to be a GOOD night, seemed like a pretty nice sized crowd for this year anyway. just cant believe how.. disgusting the ref'ing was.

hell, collina isnt allowed to do serie a anymore right? bring him over!

17. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Worst ref EVER.

18. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khano has to commit the "professional foul" after DeRo beats him there....or just outright punch him in the mouth...there's no was you let him by you period! Especially if you know your not going to bust your a$$ to recover! There's no room for one-way players on this team...thats not our mentality here....never was never should be!!!

19. keepersdad

keepersdad New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Noonan has a strained Achillies tendon. He was in a cast up to his knee when he left tonight. He said it doesn't feel too bad but I wouldn't expect to see him before the playoffs.

20. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like in the KC home loss we played a team tonight that played a perfect road game. They had three SOG and scored two, one off one of their 2 corners. The Revs on the other hand outplayed, out shot and had 15 corners and SJ absorbed it all. Their defense was solid and took the ball away from our offense in ways no othert team has been able to all season long.

Yes as has been said by others. this game was very unevenly Refed (a visiting Englishmen was sitting in front of me and he was amazed and outraged at how poor the Ref was and he felt we GOT SCREWED by the Ref).

Worst part of the night is the injury to Nat Poonan. PLEASE don't be out long.

The DCU win. injuries/national Team callups and our respective schedules could make the chase for the #1 seed real dicey. We have made some great end of season rins the past few years. I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling we may just get a dose of our own medicine.

If I'm the Patriots I need to be a bit worried. Like the last time they lost it was a weekend that say the Sox and Revs lose as well. Based on todays/nights results smart money will bet the spread against the Pats tomorrow :eek:

21. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much to say except I thought it was a very disappointing performance from the Revs on AND off the pitch tonight.

I'll have more on this tomorrow, but when you have 15 corner kicks, and the lion's share of possession for 60 minutes, but do NOTHING with it, you forfeit any right to complain about the referee, no matter how bad he is.

I'm not sure Pat Onstad had to shower after the game.

22. SuperQuake

SuperQuake New Member

Jun 11, 2005

Excuse me??? Think about what you wrote... "punch him in the mouth"?? Men... what a losser.

It was a good game... bad luck for you guys in the first half.

See you in five weeks.

23. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smith shoulder charged DeRo off the ball in overrunning it, it was Ching who came in and played the ball ahead to DeRosario. Chings hustle in getting into the attack really sprung that play. The problem was that we had 3 guys breaking on 1, and there wasnt much help for that one. Defensively Twellman really busted his butt to get back into that, but Parkhurst was beat 1v1 and the shot was made quickly.

Parkhurst was also the man beat on the first goal.

24. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Punch him in the mouth"...? Yeah, that worked out really well for your team when Daniel Hernandez did that earlier in the half.

25. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    I didn't say that Smith was better. Perphaps you should refrain from saying what I think, since you have no clue. I'd rather see Riley on the right, and Ralston on the left. I'd like to see Leonard on the bench and Smith off the team

BTW: Ralston is no longer the player he was. Dare I say he's the second weakest link?