Revs on Chronicle, Thursday, July 7th

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just passing along an FYI ...

WCVB (ABC Affiliate, Channel 5, Boston) has a show that most of you probably know of called Chronicle. On Thursday, July 7th, Chronicle will be doing a show on Summer Sports, which includes coverage of the Revs/Mutts game. The show is on at 7:30 pm. From what I understand, it's not a piece about the game itself but the fans and the atmosphere and everything like that.

For those that haven't watched the show, it's a pretty interesting news type show that kinda mixes between documentaries, news, and just fun pieces.

Here's the info.

The videographer for this show is the father of our own bigsoccer revolutionfan.

Check it out. If you like the show, email them and let them know that you appreciated it. Their email is chronicle@TheBostonChannel.com and their talkback phone number (to leave comments) is 781-455-9829.

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they will show a clip of the Fort yelling--"YOU SUCK" during the Mutt player introductions? ;)

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Maybe, maybe not... but they certainly got the Fort jump from Ralston (see Chronicle videographer at right):

[​IMG]

The Magpie

4. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Peter Mehegan the narrator for this one? I graduated high school with his daughter and he was the speaker at the graduation. I'd imagine it would be weird having your dad as your graduation speaker.

5. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sweet... more airtime for me...

i would like to take this time to acknowledge my mentor, monty, and let him know that i appreciate all he has taught me about being a successful media wh0re. thank you monty.

:)

6. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    I believe he is, but I could be wrong.

I'm gonna try to get them to put some more links on the site, including the Riders.

7. Show moved to Friday July 8th due to London bombings

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/chronicle/4670346/detail.html

"It’s a revolutionary development: New England’s soccer team is on a roll. Tonight, Chronicle travels to Foxboro to catch the fever. Plus, we’ll take in some sports that are definitely off the beaten parth, from a roller derby revival to frisbee golf. And, Ted Reinstein takes a turn at a newly popular indoor sport: mechanical bull riding."

8. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was pretty cute. Too bad they kept using game footage from 2003, but hey, most of the match footage was from 6/24, and it did make the games look like tons o' fun. VERY cool angle on the Ralston stage dive.

9. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one game I miss in ten years and the camera is trained on my seats and the guy i gave the tix to!!! At least we won!

BTW, the dopey kid at the end is a striker on my soccer team.... Desperately in need of a haircut!!! :D

I could have done without the roller derby and frisbee crap!!!

Mike