Revs offense - Just too darn good

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by JMMUSA8, Nov 11, 2003.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I'm watching the re-airing of the game on Sunday, and I'm just in shock on how darn good the Revs offense are. Last year we had two guys, Ralston to Twellman. This year, its Cancela to Noonan, Cancela to Fabbro, Fabbro to Noonan, etc. Its just amazing how fast this trio clicked and how amazing they are on the field. World Class.

2. Scorcho

Scorcho New Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Portland, ME
    Fabbro has been a pleasant surprise. I really didn't expect anything out of him. I guess it just goes to show what the right mix and players and consistant playing time will do for a person.

3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    The trio of Noonan, Cancela and Fabbro is effective because they are completely unselfish. If anything, they need to be encouraged to shoot more (although Noonan has gotten the message).

I watched the replay (again) of last Sunday's goal, and it's hilarious watching Richie Williams go in on a sliding tackle of Fabbro as he lets the ball roll through his legs to Noonan. You can read the expression on Richie's face - "Oooooh shiiiiiiiiii ...."!

4. BigFrank

BigFrank New Member

Apr 3, 1999
    Dublin, Ireland
    MLS Class, which is pretty good.

World Class?
    You've got to get out more and expand your horizons.

The performance in Giants Stadium was much better and more entertaining than the one on Sunday.

5. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Door #1: We have Mr. Carlos Bocanegra!

Door #2: Here's Jim Curtin!

Door #3: He'll pet your dog, then kick it - Kelly Gray!

That's right Bob, our losers have a no-expenses-paid trip right back to Boston! Congratulations!

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Further proof of CPA - Chicago
    Playoff Arrogance :).

The Magpie

7. Out_of_Touch

Out_of_Touch New Member

Mar 10, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Who desperately needs to grow some facial hair ;)

8. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Having seen the Revs kick Chicago's butt by a combined score of 8-1 in two games, I'm less than impressed.

9. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Revs offense - Just too darn good

i was referring to first half, and especially Noonan's goal. And I watch World Class soccer, I know how pretty the goals can get. The only way that goal would have been better if it was top 90.

10. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Revs offense - Just too darn good

Noonan's strike was of high quality, but to call the Revs' attack World Class, is, to put it simply, a bit too much.

Sure the attack trio of Noonan, Fabbro and Cancela, and probably throw in Ralston, are working wonders right now, but are they comparable to Raul, Ronaldo, Zidane, and Figo? Because thats a world class attack.

The enthusiam is greatly appreciated by all, but lets keep it reasonable here.

11. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Revs offense - Just too darn good

To be fair Real Madrid's attack is beyond world class. I'd say that ManU or AC Milan is world class, Madrid is in a class by itself.