Revs News 3/22/05: Broadcast Info: Mention in 'Media Blitz'

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by mpruitt, Mar 22, 2005.

1. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Just noticed this blurb on Boston Sports Media Watch.
    Nice job by Bruce Allen, who's not much of a soccer fan but does a pretty good job at giving fair coverage to all Boston teams on his widely read and well respected site.
    http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/blitz/002767.php
    I think it's pretty good news. I liked Lalas in the booth last year when he did it and I think Feldman was better suited for the pbp than analyist role. Not too sure if it's accurate to say the Revs are the 'only' team to have all their games televised but it's good to know they're going to be on again this year.

2. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Ah my mistake, I think I just took too long to post and edit when I was creating the new thread. I think I'm past the point of deletion if a mod wants to kill it than cool but might be nice place to discuss Revs media options and the BSMW mention.

3. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    "Brad Feldman, the team’s director of communications and play-by-play announcer...He will be joined in the booth by former Revs player Greg Lalas, younger brother of soccer superstar and ex-Rev Alexi Lalas"

This is not good news - who can let us know what happened with Adrian. Adrian was by far the best pbp guy, and actually could have done the brodcast job all by himself.

I remember posting way back when Greg Lalas hinted at something like this in one of his MLS columns, and most people thought he was just being funny. I knew I sensed some dread then, and now I am really bumming.

I also remember posting why Brad was doing some of the play-by-play late in the season, and if that meant that Adrian was not going to be back. I had that same sense of dread then too.

If Adrian left of his own will to move onto bigger and better things, I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. But if that is not the case, then it was a mistake to not retain him.

Don't get me wrong, Brad is okay - but having Adrian really balanced Brad's color stuff. I can remember numerous times where Adrian correctly sees what happened off the ball before the replay, corrects some of Brad's mistakes about rules or clarified what Brad just said, and basically just kept Brad in check. I think Brad is great at Rev Radio as an interviewer.

While I will be happy to see games on TV, I am bummed that Adrian will not be in the booth.

4. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'll agree with you there. I always thought Adrian did a bang up job and hopefully he's moving on to bigger and better things because he certainly seems to have the talent for it.

5. ghsdpu

ghsdpu New Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Dorchester, MA
    I was under the impression that Adrian was more interested in furthering his teaching career that becoming a career MLS announcer.

I thought Feldman and Lalas were a pretty decent pairing during the couple of times I heard them last season. I think they sometimes forget they're on the radio, though.

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adrian is a La Liga correspondent right now. I am not sure if he has always been doing this or if he just picked up this gig?