Revs News, 12/20/05

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 20, 2005.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A more bulked up Prakhurst could mean he could he could push for almost 10 fouls this season.

I'm a little disappointed that he won't get a call in Jan. I understand we are very deep at that position but still he is one of the very best CD in MLS.

4. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
  5. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK, now i'm pissed Ihemelu gets a call but NOT Parkhurts!!!!!!!! Whats the deal iwth that Bruce?

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one thing that Ihemelu has going for him that Parkhurst doesn't is size. This has been mentioned quite a few times about Parkhurst, but yet he continues to stand out. He'll get his chance ... don't worry.

8. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I can't wait to put my Parkhurst avatar back on. He is Da Man!

9. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Ihemelu is also wicked fast and athletic, something the US squad prizes

10. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only Revs game i attend this years was MLS Cup and i have to say i was very impressed with Ihemelus Athleticism in fact i told my friend after the game one of the keys to the game was that the Gals CD where just way to athletic for the revs forwards to handle. Having said that i watch a lot of Gals games last season and for about 3/4 of the season Ihemelu was the week link on the team. If a goal was given up it always seamed like Ihemelu was ball watching or just out of position on the play. Parkhurst on the other hand was one of the top 5 CD in MLS for the first game of the season though MLS Cup. I just think he's errered it more then Ihemelu does but really there is not a chance that either them would make the WC 06 roster so i'm not "that Upset" ;)

11. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    He also gets on the wrong end of pk calls a bit

12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stay away from the BS Nat board if you'e a Rev fan. I don't think there's very many posters that think ANY Rev belongs in this camp. The Anti-Ralston club has come back to life and is posting like mad. We're all either too slow, not talented enough, or not ready to play at this level. It's just amazing how much other team's fans hate the Revs.

13. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit I for one was very frustrated with Ralston's play this year. However, having said that, I believe every Rev called in belongs there. It's where the idiots multiply and there's no use talking sense into them. And there's no pleasing them: Adu is in camp and yet they're complaining that Herculez wasn't called in. What do they see in him anyway?

14. Dr. Strange

Dr. Strange Member

May 25, 2004
    Franklin
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There was a article in the Globe about the camp and Twellman wasn't mentioned...he IS going, right? I think the world of Twellman and just hope that Arena can see how good he is.

As far as Ralston goes, you know, I think the Nats would do better with Noonan on the wing than Ralston...I like Ralston but I would have to agree w/ critics that his play is not improving. If you look at the Nats starting roster, you'd have to conclude that Ralston is one of the weakest starters the team has and they need an upgrade. Don't know about whether some Nats fans are Revs haters, could be I suppose. To me, Reis, Noonan, Twellman, and Dempsey are all worthy candidates for the Nats.

15. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the same thing when I read the little blurb in the paper, but I just checked ussoccer.com, and Twellman is on the roster

16. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the definition of a NATS starter? I know Steve got alot of starts in the Gold Cup and post-qualified qualifiers but I don't think of him as a starter. If Beasely, Donovan, Reyna, O'Brien are healthy and Mastro is at D-mid, Ralston doesn't start. He hasn't been a starter when all Euro based players are available and healthy.

I think the fact that Ralston can play right or left mid and has played some D puts him in the category of "flexible, multi-use, bench role-player" which makes him probably the most likely REV to make the team assuming someone doesn't knock DaBruce's socks off early next year. Noonan is the next most versatile but probably not seen as able to play right or left back.

All of the REVs are relatively slow.

Twellman and Reis are one position players and certainly aren't at the top of the depth chart. Barring injuries I don't see them going.

Dempsey is a wildcard. Personally, I don't see him going but I also think he is the player most likely to have a brilliant training camp and friendlies and wind up with a shot. He's still on that very steep slope of the improvement curve. Anything could happen.

Of the 30 players in the Jan. camp, only about 8 will probably make it to the CUP. The following Euro players, if healthy have as good or much better shots than our REVs.

McBride
    Reyna
    Keller
    Lewis
    Beasely
    Cherundelo
    Convey
    Hahnaman
    Obrien
    Onyewu
    Berhalter
    Bocanegra
    Gibbs

I suppose Connor Casey and Jonathan Spector could also be in the mix.

17. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. Further, of those 8, you know Donovan, Johnson, and Mastroeni are close to locks, barring injury. Shave off 1-2 more slots (no Revs defenders in camp), and I can't imagine more than two Revs going to Germany, and I think I'm being optimistic.

18. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Did "and "was" has gotten players into the Jan Camp. "How are they playing now" will decide if they are part of the ramp up match rosters and "How is there form NOW" will control who makes the final trip to Germany. My guess is that Dempsey and Ralston will make the team and TnT has a shot if he can finally start scoring for the USMNT like he does in MLS. OTOH, I would not be shocked if NONE of the Revs make the trip to Germany.