News: Revs News, 11/11

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by johnh00, Nov 11, 2008.

1. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guatemala would be a good opportunity for Michael to get some playing time. He could use a good outing after the last game at the Olympics. Good luck to him.

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is only the training camp, so who knows if he'll even be on the roster. :(

4. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, but he's got a better shot than if he wasn't in camp. It would be reasonable to leave Boca and Gooch across the pond for a game like this and see what Gibbs and MP can do.

5. rorvis

rorvis New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    UT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He really could use a good outing for the scouts, that free transfer might not be enough to pry him from the Revs!

;)

6. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Connor #$%^ Casey? Taylor must be tearing his hair out. Also, Reis must be way off the radar screen

7. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I am assuming you mean that Taylor must be upset he is injured with his Concussion symptoms right now. Because it would have been awfully suspicious if Taylor deemed himself fit after the end of the season to be eligible for this camp.

Although with some of the rumors being floated, maybe it wouldn't have been a surprise.

8. MarkyMark

MarkyMark Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the three GKs picked for the camp, the oldest is Troy Perkins, born 7/20/81. Matt Reis was born 3/28/75 making him 6 years older. It looks to me like they were going for youth with this selection.

Also, he was called up during this season for a game if I'm not wrong, so he's probably on the radar.

9. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Actually, I forgot about the injury.

Even if he wasn't injured, his production since returning doesn't warrant a callup. I'm sure he wouldn't agree but the fact is he hasn't been lighting it up. He also gets no service from the Revs so not lighting it up isn't even his fault.

In a way, I hope Cooper plays and puts to rest one way or another if he belongs or not. He is a big load for the small Guats to handle and that may be why he was called in

10. revving

revving New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Good Luck Parky! Show BB what the Revs already know

11. Stumpy Kelderman

Oct 12, 2004
    My goodness this is a disgusting group of players... Chad Barrett? Matt Pickens? Nick LaFrigginBrocca? If this is the future of USMNT, God help us.

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A) This is a training camp roster.
    B) This basically only includes teams who's season is already over.
    C) This doesn't include European players.

Calm down, it's OK! ... :)

13. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    AND we've already clinched, so it's basically little more than a friendly.

14. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    AND a way for the USMNT to stay in good graces with all the European teams that our players are playing with. Not to mention a number of our European players do NOT need to be pulled away from their teams right now as they are in 'unsettled' positions.

The interesting aspect to me of that lineup is the midfield. Seems kind of light in attacking instincts besides Sasha.

15. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like a friendly for us, but if Guatemala wins and T&T loses don't they get in on goal differential? If so, it's a big game for them. Excellent opportunity to test some of our players against a team playing for something.

16. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see something like this...

Cooper ----- Davies
    White ---------------------------- Kljestan
    Torres ----- Clark
    Bornstein - Mastroeni - Parkhurst - Franklin
    Perkins​

...but that depends on who does (or doesn't) get added to the actual match squad.