(Revs) Local MLS Direct Kick package help

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by mpruitt, Mar 29, 2005.

1. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Being that a lot of Revs games are on WB56 that means a lot of us out of Eastern Mass. fans are going to have to try to get the Direct Kick package. Unforutnately, I'm one of the few who in a small package of Connecticut that has Adeplphia cable. I just called and according to them they're not offering it, despite the fact that they carry inDemand ppv. I'm hoping to get some more information from anyone who's gotten this package in the past from a local or New England carrier.

2. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the same answer from my carrier(Cox) a couple of years ago when I tried to order. Then I found out someone else had it with them, so I called back, spoke to a different person, and they knew about it. It might be worth a shot for you to try calling again.

3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I called the inDemand number to try to order it as well. Unfortunately when I typed in my zip code I got the old 'not available in your area' message. I just don't have how if my cable system offers inDemand I can't get the package. Anyone have an answer for that? The person I spoke to on the phone w/ Adelphia had said that other people had called asking about it so she did have at least some knowledge of it.

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having a similar problem with Charter. I called 1-888-SPORTS-iN and after punching in my zip code got connected to a Charter rep, who knew nothing about it and couldn't find it offered. He even put me on hold to talk to a colleague who is a soccer fan and she didn't know anything about it either! He agreed with me that since I have digital cable and get iNDemand, and am asking for the opportunity to pay for Direct Kick it should be available. He suggested that I email Charter, which I will do next.

This is pretty frustrating. Why can't we just talk to someone "at" Direct Kick who then sets it up with our local cable or dish provider?

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure that when you call inDemand, that's as "at" as you get. Elsewise there's really no there there.

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mousey, my brother has charter in western mass and he said he was able to order it.
    Maybe when you call , you should ask for the MLB package, and then say MLS as it will probably be on their same screen.