Revs in US vs Cuba, July 7, 2005 {R}

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, Clint came to play. Will the rest of the squad join him in the 2nd half?

2. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noonan's bruised ankle is keeping him from playing, He isn't with the NAT team today.

Clints goal looked nice with a great chesting down of the ball and striking with the outside of the right foot, but from the replays, I'm afraid that many GK would have had an easy time stoppong it but this guy was to busy waving his hands for the offside call, which Demps was clearly not.

I love spanish commentary, GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL!!!!!

RRRREV IT UP

3. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Yanks win 4-1. But don't be confused, that was a close one, all three 2nd half goals in the 88th onward.

With a bit of luck, we would have been hailing Dempsey as a hattrick hero.

4. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so glad the Revs can struggle and maybe lose points so that Noonan and Ralston can sit on Arena's bench. I thought Noonan said he was OK a couple of days ago?

5. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more - Clint was my MOTM. He carried that team for about 80 minutes. I get a kick when reading comments on the Nat board like "Dempsey has potential" or "he's better then I thought" Tell us something we don't know. He's the fastest rising US star right now and I just hope the Revs can hold on to him.

Also - after watching the sorry lot they marched on the field to play defense I can't help but wonder how Parkhurst would look in that game. He certainly is better then those guys and I'm wondering if anybody is watching him as a potential Nat player?

6. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They play 3 games in six days. You'll probably see those two Saturday vs. Canada. I'd expect the best lineup the US can put out there to be Tuesday vs. Costa Rica in Foxboro. I don't think you'll see anybody go the full 90 for all three games.

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was certainly in the thick of it around the Cuban goalmouth on several occasions. None of those were really slam dunks either, you definitely get the feeling watching Dempsey that he is making these "opportunities" out of nothing, not that he is failing to capitalize on chances.

Always a lot less frustrating for me to watch Dempsey than it is to watch Noonan or Razov.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly ... I've been wondering about this ever since the US beat the Ticos in Salt Lake.

It's a gut feeling only, but I believe that Parkhurst might get called up for a camp by the end of the year. I could be wrong of course, but I think he's been more than solid enough, and The Bruce does like to reward guys who play well in MLS. Now being called up to a camp (possibly one of the last two qualifiers) doesn't mean of course that he'll actually make the roster for that match.

9. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to be able to monator that Sept-Oct tel call:
    Bruce; "I'd like to have Parkhurst in camp for two weeks"
    Steve: "******************** way"

Unless the Revs get a little deeper in their defensive corps I don't see Parkhurst being released this season. On top of that, what he's doing right now may be the single best prep for International call-ups a year or more from now since he's getting mentored by a coach who was world class defender himself. There is little or no chance of his going to Germany but he could well be one of the players Da Bruce (or his replacement) pulls into the pool after WC 06. From the Gold Cup till after the World Cup all of Arena's call-ups and matches will be very intense and serious prep work for Germany. I agree that having Parkhurst in camp during the prep for these matches could be of value to both Bruce and Michael but NOT to the Rev in 2005

10. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cap for Parkhurst against Panama in front of the hometown supporters would be extremely cool.