Revs II 2022

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by rkupp, Jan 24, 2022.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note: games are streamed live, but not archived, which is disappointing.

2. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    $10 a game is a very fair price for reserve games.

Hope the boys come out sharper in game 2 than they did against NYC

3. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do we go about claiming tickets as STH

4. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could not figure out how to claim the complimentary tickets so paid $7 and went last night. It was a wide open fun game to watch. It was frustrating trying to find a roster that is up to date so I could associate names to the players but a few impresses. The brightest light for me was a 16 year old named Esmir Bajraktarevic. He showed a similar to style to Gil in his movement on the field and where he liked to receive the ball. He was also able to shield off much larger players and retain possession.

Spaulding and Rivera did well and O'Hearn scored on a beautiful free kick.

Jackson (I think it was Jackson in goal) kept them in the game early on but gave up a very soft near post goal.

rkupp and NFLPatriot repped this.
  5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Jackson probably could have done better on the goal, but otherwise had a good game (8 saves), including a point-blank save in the 17'. I thought he handled the indirect free kick well. I'm not ready to hand him the keys this summer when Turner leaves, but 16 saves in his first 2 games as a pro is a good sign.

Highlights:
    https://www.mlsnextpro.com/video/#rivera-and-revs-ii-get-3-1-victory-over-rny-fc

7. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA

edcrocker and NFLPatriot repped this.
  8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I think the 1st team needs him more.

BrianLBI and pwykes repped this.
  9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R2 travel to Orlando on Sunday (7pm ET). R2 are undefeated (2W-1SW, 8 pts) for 2nd place in the East, while Orlando are in 7th place (1W-1SW-2L, 5 pts).

R2 only team in the East (along with 3 teams in the West) who have not yet lost in regulation.

12. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
  13. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    R2 was in complete control in this game but couldnt find a goal. Despite going up a man in the ~60' against an Orlando team that hasnt scored a goal in its last 3 games R2 ended the game with 4 CBs, 2 FBs, 3 DMs, and an academy player who i dont know anything about on the field. They lost in the shootout where they had 3 of the CBs take shots and 2 of them missed the net.

14. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Tried to watch it on the MLS Next Pro site - awful presentation. One camera, and the announcer never told you which player was which so it was obvious he was watching along with everyone else and couldn't tell who was who. Not worth the time spent.

15. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    The announcing is terrible (they dont know who is who) and so is the camera work (ball is frequently out of frame). But after a game or 2 its pretty easy to know who is who. The numbers/hair styles stand out. Worth watching if you want to see whos next (Tico, Esmir, and Rozhansky are all pretty good and Lima is promising)

rkupp repped this.
  16. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    What was really annoying was missing the penalties because they couldn't apparently swing the camera over far enough. I'll give it another try.

17. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    If you watch the highlight package Miami didnt have a single attacking highlight

Marcos Dias subbed on in the 60' and almost immediately won a penalty. He took it and it was saved, but inspiring stuff in his first appearance

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jacob Jackson earned his second shutout, only had to make 1 save.

20. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Good for Revs II, but I'd like to see him get tested.

21. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, he has been. Sixteen saves on 19 shots in the first 2 games of the season.

22. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Yeah R2s CBs are not good, especially the Reveno/Zwetsloot pairing. Cayet and Ohearn would be a decent pairing, but Ohearn is the only decent RB option right now so hes been playing there. Having Zwetsloot play as a 6 like he did in Australia actually kind of fixes the transition weaknesses so going forward I expect the onslaught of high xg scoring opportunities to slow down

23. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I saw that someone had suggested Reveno as possible help for our centerback depth, but my impression is that he's been struggling with II.

24. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I would say its a toss up between Reveno and Italo for the worst performing player among regulars in the extremely small sample size of games so far, although Quinones put in one of the worst RB shifts ive seen in a while against Cincinnati.

Ive really enjoyed Lima in terms of the new imports, and Panayotou has been the big surprise among academy prospects. The glaring hole on the team seems to be a proper striker, although with Dias finally arriving we may have a solution. The midfield has been excellent, especially Rozhansky and Lima.

rkupp repped this.
  25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R2 fall hard in the battle for first place in the East:

Recap | Revolution II Fall to Columbus 4-0
    Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:21 PM
    revolutionsoccer.net

Old friend Isaac Angking went 90 for Cbus.

Djordje Petrovic made his New England debut. Made a spectacular save on a breakaway in the 11th minute. Came out to collect a cross (corner kick) in a crowd and missed, resulting in the first goal. Not much chance on the others. Fourth goal looked offsides to me.

edcrocker repped this.