Revs GM statesKrafts have lost a ton of money on soccer

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Andy_B, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Todd recently responded to a comment made by Chris Allen (who has as much knowledge of soccer in the US as pretty much the rest of BS combined).

The sad part was that I think Todd mistook the comment for an attack when in reality Chris was actually giving Todd a break.

Anyway, the long and short of it is here...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3961

Andy

2. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    They don't pay rent. Robert Kraft owns Gillette Stadium as it is now called. CMGI only paid for the naming rights, and have now pulled out of the arrangement. The other thing is that, even assuming the Crew are profitable, Hunt also operates the Wizards and probably loses money on them. Now if he's making money off of the Crew, do these profits off-set the Wizards' losses?

4. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revolution do pay rent. Always have, and always will.

5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    just to say that i thought andy's focus on the $ part of the article was right on this board.

probably just the way my mind works, but i rushed thru the rest of the article, while reading and rereading the profitability part. since i support a different mls team, profitability of the teams and the league as a whole will catch my eye more quickly than the inner workings of the revs front office.

that's just me. i appreciate that other people would have a different view.

6. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This isn't appropriate at all and is the sort of thing that give BS mods a bad name. Why couldn't you just PM Andy and calmly tell him that his comments weren't kosher? Instead you decide to powertrip and make threats in public. Andy's comments were bad but this crap is worse.

7. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    It's already been settled, eneste.

8. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    I don't get it. Why would Bob Kraft pay himself to rent his own stadium?

9. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    OK. Everyone's had their say on the article, apparently, so I'm locking this since it's gone off-topic into a slanging match.