Revs - Fire (pre match)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Soccer Doc, Aug 11, 2002.

1. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Please note: It's a 7pm not 7:30 match.

Which Rev team will show up?
    I see it as a one goal differential match.
    If the Revs show up: 2-1 Revs.

2. Sporting Fan

Sporting Fan Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Big FRANK
    since you asked "how many touches did Rooney and Cloutier have?"
    Here they are and they speak for themselves:

Rooney - 22 positive/neutral touches, 7 turnovers, 3 long ball turnovers, 2 takeaways, 2 fouls committed, involved in 1 g.s. opps
    Cloutier - 34 p/n touches, 3 turnovers, 7 takeaways, 2 slide tackles, 2 fouls committed and a yellow, involved in 4 g.s. opp.s
    Hernandez - 15 p/n touches, 1 turnover, 2 takeaways, 3 g.s opps including One goal
    Elliott- 26 p/n touches, 4 turnovers, 2 takeaways, one foul committed, involved in 5 g.s. opps
    Vagenas-19 p/n touches, 3 turnovers, 1 long ball turnover, 4 takeaways, one foul committed, no g.s. opps
    Cienfuegos-21 p/n touches, 1 turnover, 2 takeaways, 4 g.s. opps

I know I have wayyyyyy tooo much time on my hands...Besides I know some of you had a bad recption on the tv maybe this will help

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Nice job, Sporting Fan.

You are the man! We may be a tiny minority, but I love stats like these, and I do think they tell a story.

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Wolff out 4-6 months? Ouch.

Saw that on the BottomLine, ESPN2.

5. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    You know the revs are done once the time comes for NFL lines to litter up the pitch, but hopefully the Revs will win this one.

Brown
    Pierce Kante Llamossa Franchino
    Ralston Hernandez Cullen Griffiths
    Twellman Fuller

I know Cullen wont start in Mid and Fuller probably wont start either, but this is my ideal lineup. Heaps in Center-Mid? Nah.

No Fire power with Wolff gone. The test will be for Hernandez or Kante to eliminate Stoitchkov from the attack.
    Revs 2-1 Fire

6. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    I went to the game saturday night as usual. I was a bit surprised at how much traffic there was and how many cars were sporting Patriot flags. BINGO--LIGHT ON
    Oh well, I'll see you all tonight :)

7. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mixed results yesterday. Dallas did us a favor but San Jose didn't. Now we're back in the basement , but if we win tonight we'll be in striking distance of the Mutts. I think Griffiths looked one of our most attacking threats against LA. Although of course that can be taken as the rest of the team not doign much if you wish. He has to start somewhere in the attack, on the wing or off wide up top.