Revolution TV News Coverage: TONIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Nov 4, 2004.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Afternoon everyone,

If you own a TV, you'd do well to check out some of the following coming up in the next day or two:

WHDH-TV, Channel 7 in Boston is doing a Revs package in Sports Tonight in their 6 pm newscast this (11/4) evening. Steve Nicol, Taylor Twellman, Matt Reis, Andy Dorman, and Steve Ralston will be talking with sports uber-babe Wendy Nix.

Univision will be doing a segment featuring Jose Cancela and Taylor Twellman in their Spanish language Boston newscast, perhaps this evening.

WBUR/NPR sports reporter Bill Littlefield interviewed Steve Nicol and Matt Reis for WBUR's news today, and not just "Only a Game". An audio link should be on-line someplace, and I'll let you know if/when I find it.

WCVB-TV Channel 5 is planning to run a feature on Joe Franchino coaching Foxboro high school tomorrow night, Friday, 11/5. No idea which time yet.

Fox 25, Channel 4, NECN, NESN and CN8 all shot soundbites with Nicol and/or a number of players this week during training down at Gillette Stadium this past week.

Small correction, but the Dempsey and Feldman interview is not tonight, but was last night. They both appeared on the CN8 show 'Sports Pulse' last night.

Saturday's game will be televised live on New England Sports Network (NESN) at 7:00 pm this Saturday. Brad Feldman and Greg Lalas have the call...

... and just for the record, Lalas is a damn good bassist.

The telecast will also be available on the MLS Direct Kick satellite package, Fox Sports World (**cringe**), and HDNet. On radio, the game is being broadcast on WEEI: 850 AM in Boston and 103.7 in Providence.

So just FYI, and if I find out anything else, I'll pass it along.

The Magpie

2. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you'll be able to pull it up for a week if you have OnDemand, which I think everyone who's on Comcast Digital now does. I believe it's in the section marked something like "local highlights." OnDemand is rad.

3. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Wait.. Joey Franchino coaches the Foxboro soccer team?

"EE'S A BLOODY THUG!"

Franklin, Class of 92, and the VOICE OF THE FRANKLIN PANTHERS, 92-98 :D

4. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Rusty Pierce is Mansfield's JV coach. Man are they a tough team. Go Franklin!

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the ch.7 piece on the Revs. I thought it was a great piece, some great humor at the end. It's pieces that like that might attract some casual fans. Good job Channel 7.

6. dtrave

dtrave Member

Oct 2, 2000
    Sharon, MA
    I caught the Bill Littlefield piece on WBUR this morning at 8:40am. It was a substantial piece, running over 4 minutes. It was very well done, which is no surprise as Littlefield has been doing solid work on "Only a Game" for years. He has also been one of the most soccer-friendly folks in local sports media.