Rev News, 11/3: Bradley Predicts Revs Win MLS Cup

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Nov 3, 2004.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    First XI: Here's to the Crew
    By Jeff Bradley / Special to MLSnet.com
    11/02/2004 4:52PM

http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20041102&content_id=18254&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

"... Well, the last two weeks I picked the Crew and the Quakes to go to the final. Such is life. This week, as stated above, I'm calling for a New England upset and a K.C. victory. As for MLS Cup, dare I say, New England exacts revenge for 2002 and takes the final 1-0 against the Wizards on a Taylor Twellman golden goal..."

Timing the key for Revolution
    By Frank Dell'Apa, Globe Staff | November 3, 2004

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2004/11/03/timing_the_key_for_revolution/

2. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    Given Bradley's track record, I'm even more bullish on DC United's chances after reading the article.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Next thing you know Hell freezes over... cats and dogs: living together.

4. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i stopped reading as soon as i saw the word 'resourcefulness'.
    ....yep, first or second paragraph

hey frank, mr. roget says you got options my man:
    adeptness, adroitness, bent, capability, cleverness, command, competence, craft, deftness, expertise, expertness, finesse, flair, genius, gift, handiness, ingenuity, intelligence, knack, know-how, mastery, proficiency, savvy, skill, skillfulness, strength, talent, the goods, the stuff

5. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    oh lord, just reread that intro.
    ....3rd sentence in! and highlighted with a nifty '--' lead into the word.
    :rolleyes:

6. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Jeff Bradley = Genius. Savant. Apex intuitive. :)

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn ... I think I have to agree. Damn you Bradley!

8. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great. we might have just been cursed. if he picked the crew and quakes to make it the final, i'm not so confident about him picking us. but maybe the revs will reverse his luck and beat dc.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Could be a whole reverse psychology effort on his part: jsut saying he thinks there will be a KC vs. NE final in the hopes of there really being what some are describing as a marquee match-up between the Galaxy and United.

10. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "...instead of the current format, which doesn't get to single elimination until the second round. In that second round, the third-place (D.C. United) and fourth-place (Revolution) Eastern Conference teams will meet for the conference title..."

Wasn't DC ahead of the Mutts? That's why they were playing at home for the second leg (not that it really mattered).

So who gets to drink the next time he says a player "lacked purpose"?

Tom

11. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
  12. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, I can think of a certain other team's GK who made some unappreciative gestures to the Fort this season.

13. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    yeah, gestures happen.
    but, i was less than impressed with the ear thing.
    maybe, maybe......i'd be more okay with it if those weren't 2 of the softest pk's i've ever seen. i put 'em right up there with cancela's 2nd 'right down broadway' dink attempt v the mighty net minding midget. somehow i consider theirs worse. go figure.

lord, half the kids in maple would give it a better attempt and probably do it without telling the keeper where its going first. if there was any such thing as betting on mls 'round here......i'd think this thing was black sox scandal, pt 2.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't bother me in the least. I hear what the Fort is saying to GKs in front of us, and it's not exactly the kindest stuff. And hey, if you beat the Revs with us sitting and hecklin you ... more power to you. As long as you don't flip us off (as one did this year) ... then I don't care. I've seen some turn and smile and wave at us, some be pissed at us, and others doing the "can't hear you now" thing.

Good for Reis. :D

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give the guy a break! He was the man of the match when his team, rated as huge underdogs, won a playoff series away from home, and he stopped 2 PKs, which even if they were weak, is still a major task. Hell, stopping one PK is enough to allow a keeper to crow... How can you blame the guy for wanting to celebrate?

It wasn't as if he taunted the fans or did anything inappropriate. The "I can't hear you" gesture is common whenever anyone scores away from home, etc. I wouldn't expect the Cow fans to like it, but it is in no way over the line as far as celebrations go.

Tom

16. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    geez.....i'm not decimating the guy here.

personally, i think many times you actually stick it to the fans a bit more it you don't even acknowledge them. in the end, i think i had more of a problem with the chest thumping etc....than the ear thing anyway. fine, you go full out on a scorcher and deflect it out that's one thing. these situations just weren't those.

i saw the images from countess' 2 save game....i just liked the way he handled it a bit better. add to it, the fact that the revs have just about zip to be cocky about in any way, shape, or form from the way they've played this year. guess i'd just prefer they take care of business and get off the field (esp 'away').

look, i know they had the injury bug this year.
    but, like the sox....many picked them to take it all.
    when they've underacheived as an organization (just like the sox) we start looking at them like rocky. its natural. heck, even the damn yankees played images/music from rocky in that game 7 ninth inning. god, they're just about to blow a 3-0 series lead and have a post luxury tax $256m payroll......and THEY'RE ROCKY!?

i'll be ecstatic if they get to the final.
    i'll be looking at the opportunities of flying out if it happens.
    i'll be sure to put my hands on the ears if the revs silence gal fans in their own park. hey, but let's get there first and act like we've been there before......that's all.

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Boo ********ing hoo: I personally dug Reis's "can you hear me now" bit, especially considering the Crew support smack talk leading up to the match. Personally, if the Revs manage to beat United this weekend, I'd have no problem seeing it again...

Reis has done a good bit more than stop two PK's in the same game to earn a pretty good reputation this season.

18. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    wow, i had no idea this would illicit such a response.

15 years ago, i was a poor man who sat under a mango tree without the fifty cents it would cost to ride the bus, and now i'm important enough to be the center of attention for all these posters. Life has been very good to me.
    ;)

(go get 'em matty)

19. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you want over the line celebrations - go be like TO.

not that i dont enjoy them...

20. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Kiss of death, he is.

21. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know Pedro was a Revs fan! ;)

Here's hoping Matt gets to do the same thing this weekend!

22. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    yeah, i should've made it a bit more 'personal'.
    since i'm from the agricultural land in california, maybe it should've read.

15 years ago, i was a poor man who sat under a palm tree in the middle of an asparagus field without the dollar forty-seven it would cost to buy a pack of skoal bandits, and now i'm important enough to be the center of attention for all these posters. Life has been very good to me.
    :D

well now, if kovie were playing....i'd be plenty up for a stone cold mount reis save on him followed by him dropping the ball to the turf, shrugged shoulders, palms up, all up in his face (or should i say kovie all up in matt's crotch)....'that's all you got, little man? this is my island, i'm mr. rourke, and you...you just keep bringin' the drinks and tellin' me when the plane's here, eh?'

[uh, well maybe there's a less dated line of trash talking here....but, it was written a'la stream of consciousness. so it stays!]
    :cool:

23. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    now you're talkin'!!
    i'd have rather seen reis save the ball, take a sharpie out of his shinguard, sign the ball, and gently flip it into the funny yellow fandom.
    i'd love to see the yellow card given for that and the post card description of the offense.
    :D

24. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Reapeth what you sow.

Taunting Bussssssssssssssssssssssschh is fun :), Good on ya, Reis :)

25. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    hey, you gotta give little john credit fer tryin'......looks like he tried to sponge of the red sox' good fortunes with some cowboy'd up trot nixon magnum p.i. thing on his face for this elimination match.