Return to the Club that "runs through my veins" - The Welcome Dani Carvajal Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same thing Ramos did at the Rakitic goal. When multiple players make the exact same mistake I blame it on coaching. Every player gets aggressive and goes way too far from the line to speculate on very dangerous situations. Can't rely on this being an actual tactic.

2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem with that is once the player you're attacking finds a way to dribble past you or find a right pass, you're dead.
    Acres of space behind Carvajal for that goal. Damn can't even watch again. :(

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I agree. Players look like they have zero idea what to do on the pitch. What makes it even worse is that we are talking about basically basics. We fail at that. We have zero system in play, just basically anarchy. Then we come to Carvajal who is highly impulsive and completely collapses without strong leadership and structure on the pitch. Dude looked like charging bull when seeing red flag or some shit. It was so sad to see that i laughed out of misery.

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dani will be out 4-6 weeks. It gets worse and worse

5. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    This is like the third year in a row where he gets an injury around this point of the season. Seems a bit injury prone to be honest. Good thing we bought Odriozola.

6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    was it one or two CL final that Dani didn't finish? too many injuries.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It does not surprise me to see so many injuries considering our coaching staff.

8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Odriozola move was a very piece of business, as good as Dani is, we’ll always need a high caliber option cos of the inevitable injuries.

Lyra and Anon. repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No posts here for 9 months.

Has he been the weakest starter in the team in the last 2~ years? Or the weakest untouchable player? Courtois had a shit year last year but he's making up for it. Bale was only a sporadic starter, Carvajal is untouchable.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's only behind Ramos, Benz, and Casemiro for most minutes this season in arguably the best defense in La Liga.

I think he's actually had a relatively solid season. His whoscored rating is 7.35. He has 4 assists which ties for 2nd on our team along with Modric.

He's not at his best, but he isn't a total liability either.

Anon. and Halycon repped this.
  12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Funny you should say that. Carvajal has the second best defensive stats after Casemiro in the team. First place was never attainable with Casemiro who has the best defensive stats in the league. The second highest assists in the team too this terrible weak link. Not to mention he is the third highest rated player in the team after Benz and Kroos and just above Casemiro. But hey he doesnt play Joga Bonito out there so what do i know

And where is this hype of Achraf coming? Is it the same hype Odriozola got before he quickly lost his position on the bench. Achraf is even weaker defensively than Odriozola, hence why their coach started playing him in midfield and had a 35 year old RB play there instead :rolleyes: Lets calm down with the hyperbole and lets start respecting our players abit more

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal has been solid like always, does his defensive job and runs for the short. Top 2 with that RB of Liverpool, wouldn’t change him for someone else. Maybe Walker.

MiamiNative0722 and natenate101 repped this.
  14. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I honestly think he is one of our more important players. His form is up and down, and he is not as excellent as in previous seasons, but weakest link is a bit of a stretch. I dont even think he is one our weakest fullback.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not Walker for me, only other player on that level for me is maybe Kimmich (sp)

Anon. repped this.
  17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is good but he needs better competinion, i mean Odriozola..well, just NO. Would be interesting to see his battle vs Hakimi.

Anon. repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's had one genuinely bad game for me this season. He gets unfairly torched on this forum imo.

Digital repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is overburdened on the right. We’d help him a lot if we got an actually world class RW to take on defenders and dominate that attacking side. Haven’t had that for ages. It’s almost always Carvajal and Modric with an inept right winger and Benz drifting to the opposite side for some reason, forcing a cross. Imagine how much energy he could conserve with a Mane on front of him. Valverde helps because he seems to drift right so Dani is active help. His decision making isn’t always great but he is still a top RB.

PigBenis, Anon., Saeta Rubia and 8 others repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do any of you think then that Hakimi could overcome him for that position?

21. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What’s funny is that according to Whoscored, he is the 7th best player in La Liga.

22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Valverde is our 13th best player in our own team. Lol

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t watch Dortmund consistently enough to make a good assessment. Watched all their CL games and a couple Bundesliga games, but mostly just keep up with the score lines and stats.

That being said, I don’t think he will in the immediate future. At least not right away. I’ll wait to see how he does with some starts in a white shirt again, but his defense worries me

He would have to seriously impress to bench Carvajal, our best Castilla product in quite some time.

I still want Hakimi back. His versatility could be so useful all over the pitch when we have injury issues or in need of rotation.

Halycon, Saeta Rubia, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Doni, Zidane05 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nivea plug.