Return to the Club that "runs through my veins" - The Welcome Dani Carvajal Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal : JL is the best manager I've ever had...
    OK then :rolleyes:

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The players really liked Julen.

ahnaf and Drouchk repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Well I take it as a dig at Zidane.

Lyra and HZinho repped this.
  4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont think so. You gotta remember, JL was the one that gave Carvajal the starting spot for the Spain U21 over Montoya, at a time when every Josep and Jordi would start for Spain just because of their Barca ties. This was at a low moment for him when Mourinho had sent him away to Germany, and he probably sees it as the turning point in his career, first coming back here then making it to the Spain first team. VDB also didnt like Carvajal that much, and JL was the one that made him a Spain regular, again at a time when Danilo was competing with him here.'

Some players might not appreciate Zizou that much, like James, DaniC, Bale, Morata, Marcos, but I dont see why Carvajal would have any issue with him. He was an undisputed starter for us here, even when he sucked monkey balls last season.

Drouchk, ahnaf, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think it's extremely poorly worded, and it certainly comes off as a dig where you say the dude that couldn't last for a few months is the best coach you've had when the dude you just won 3 CLs with and made you an undisputed starter just left in the summer.

Lyra and HZinho repped this.
  6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wish they would show that on the pitch. In light of their performances, I'd say they freakin hated the guy :ninja:

PigBenis, Digital, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We all saw by the intensity they used to fight for him.

Digital and MaxY repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even the Barca players liked Lopetegui. The fact that the team collapsed under his feet is a failure, but the players (even the ones not in Madrid) liked him tons.

Drouchk repped this.
  9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't care who they like or not. They're paid to perform, it's their job. And judging by how they performed under Julen, it doesn't fooking matter what they think.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    temesgen and S1na repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've heard many people call him the best RB in the world during the last 3-4 years. Especially during 16/17.

saadomar and Ayayain repped this.
  12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did he get injured again?

13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some suspect decisions in other areas of the field though.

14. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yep. No news.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Any ranking that puts Gonzalo Higuain over Karim Benzema is null and void.

They have us with thr best LB, RB, two best CB and three of the seven best midfielders and we have struggled to control games and defend. :oops:

16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Our defenders are overrated. All of them the best in the world in any given night. But all inconsistent and mistake prone.

robnycus and saadomar repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was glad when they did, but there were pockets of idiots who would go for people like Dani Alves and Phillip Lahm when he was still around. They even went and said Joshua Kimmich was better, which is just ridiculously untrue. Dani Carvajal when fit is the best RB in the planet by a large margin. Both Marcelo and Dani are cut above the rest in their respective positions.

S1na and Eddie repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They actually put Isco as the second best CAM in the world. Sooooo yeah, Real Madrid is dominating those rankings. If they were playing their normal game, they'd deserve all that. As they say: Form is temporary...Class is eternal.

19. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's because we get lazy defending as a team. People botch assignments - which leads to players trying to do too much. As a CB if you're trying to cover your assignment and keep an eye the extra midfielder coming in out deep and whether or not someone is tracking him, you get forced to try and play hero-ball where if you misread the situation we will concede.

I remember Cannavaro talking about when Pepe joined Madrid. Pepe couldn't believe the amount of times they were outnumbered in the back and Fabio smiled and told him "Welcome to Madrid".

natenate101 repped this.
  20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And this isn't something cool or to be proud of. I hate this YOLO style. A team should be disciplined all around.

21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    This is Real Madrid. Not effing Juve.

22. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There is definitely something moderate between being the 5-4 winner Madrid and the boring Juve.

Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  23. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Was completely outplayed by Neres today.

It's so embarrasing to watch lmfao.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    That third goal was a complete comedy. Instead of covering space vs. running in player Carvajal decides for guang-ho attack in which it was visible from space that he will be late on the ball. The latter completely exposes right flank and results in goal. Amazing honestly.

Lyra repped this.
  25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Worst piece of defending by a fullback seen in a long long time. Was no match for Neres over both legs too